+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - November 2022 AOR ******

chiragbatra

Nov 23, 2022
Hi All,

Based on your experience, I would really appreciate your guidance on the following:

I received an invite to the August 15th, 2023 draw in the CEC category. I started my job in late September 2022 and have not completed the full 1 year of Canadian work experience but I have received the points in my profile for the same. Does the system count months (instead of mandatory hours) by mistake/default? I used to work part-time when I was studying but I don't think we can get points for that. If I count part-time hours, then I do meet the mandatory hours.

Can someone who is sure of the above process clarify, please? Thanks a lot!

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
Hi All,

Based on your experience, I would really appreciate your guidance on the following:

I received an invite to the August 15th, 2023 draw in the CEC category. I started my job in late September 2022 and have not completed the full 1 year of Canadian work experience but I have received the points in my profile for the same. Does the system count months (instead of mandatory hours) by mistake/default? I used to work part-time when I was studying but I don't think we can get points for that. If I count part-time hours, then I do meet the mandatory hours.

Can someone who is sure of the above process clarify, please? Thanks a lot!
you can continue with this ITA and only file application once your 1 year is completed. It wont cause any issues. It is a known behavior of IRCC express entry. attach a letter of explaination that you received ITA 1 month before and you are filing your application after your 1 year is completed.

Reactions: chiragbatra

doublekk12

Apr 13, 2023
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Done....
28-12-2022
quick update, just received my portal 1 email. it tooks 3 weeks.
Hi ! Did you receive an email for portal invitation?
I have received the first portal email 14th August and I replied to the email on the same day.
But I haven't received the portal invitation yet.

doublekk12

Apr 13, 2023
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Done....
28-12-2022
Just let you know I get my portal 2 today.
I haven't received portal 2 email yet..
but thanks for letting me know !

Just in case I'm asking you, when you got portal 1 email, did you reply to the same email address with the information of you?
and at that time did you create a portal account or not?

Reactions: newbee2021

newbee2021

Nov 6, 2021
I haven't received portal 2 email yet..
but thanks for letting me know !

Just in case I'm asking you, when you got portal 1 email, did you reply to the same email address with the information of you?
and at that time did you create a portal account or not?
No, They send the email to my representative and I replied it with my own email account.
The portal account is created on IRCC side and they will send your username and password to you.