+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - November 2022 AOR ******

Castrotroy80

Apr 23, 2023
Hello
AOR sept 2022
I Spoke with live agent today, she said they are doing external verification or something like that on my application that’s why my application is taking long. I’m a bit confused please what does external verification mean. Somebody please advise. Thanks

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Hello
AOR sept 2022
I Spoke with live agent today, she said they are doing external verification or something like that on my application that’s why my application is taking long. I’m a bit confused please what does external verification mean. Somebody please advise. Thanks
This means that you probably are under the comprehensive security check. Which means they've sent your application to several security agencies (CBSA, CSIS) and waiting for the results. Takes over 2 years for some people to get cleared, others get cleared within 3-6 months. Nobody knows exactly what's going on behind the scenes. Best of luck. I am in the same boat and hoping for the best.

Castrotroy80

Apr 23, 2023
This means that you probably are under the comprehensive security check. Which means they've sent your application to several security agencies (CBSA, CSIS) and waiting for the results. Takes over 2 years for some people to get cleared, others get cleared within 3-6 months. Nobody knows exactly what's going on behind the scenes. Best of luck. I am in the same boat and hoping for the best.
Thanks for your response are you inland or Outland? I’m inland

senpaul46

Jun 5, 2023
EXACT SAME HERE, AoR Nov 28th 2022 and other dates are same.

Called IRCC and the agant told me that the VO office is Etobicoke and I'm not on enhanced SS.
They are waiting for Background verification and Eligibility is not stared yet maybe due to high volumes on that office.
They might re assign the application to other offices in the future.
Oh okay!! This whole process is terribly slow!!

vaish1605

Feb 23, 2021
I do not see anything new change:

Updated: Jun 21, 2023
Last logged in: Jun 29, 2023
Hey Guys!!!

I finally got my portal 1 email!!! It was received from Etobicoke Visa office. Tracker shows everything complete (Before that it was background - in progress and eligibility - not started). COPR number is also showing in the tracker. Three weeks back when i called IRCC, they said eligibility and security was not started and they sent a note to VISA office.

Please stay hopeful! You all will receive your portal emails soon. All the best!!

Question - My dependent who is outland, also received similar email to provide Canadian address and entry dates. Ideally, he should receive Passport request letter. What should I do in this case?

Thank you all, you guys made this wait a little more bearable!!

God’s child

May 5, 2023
Hey Guys!!!

I finally got my portal 1 email!!! It was received from Etobicoke Visa office. Tracker shows everything complete (Before that it was background - in progress and eligibility - not started). COPR number is also showing in the tracker. Three weeks back when i called IRCC, they said eligibility and security was not started and they sent a note to VISA office.

Please stay hopeful! You all will receive your portal emails soon. All the best!!

Question - My dependent who is outland, also received similar email to provide Canadian address and entry dates. Ideally, he should receive Passport request letter. What should I do in this case?

When was everything completed for you?
I have same aor and same status.

doublekk12

Apr 13, 2023
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Done....
28-12-2022
Everything got complete today.
First, congrats !

I have the same AOR but nothing changed.
Do you know when your application was transferred to Etobicoke?

Last edited:

vaish1605

Feb 23, 2021
First, congrats !

I have the same AOR but nothing changed.
Do you know when your application was transferred to Etobicoke?
Thank you :)

This is what the tracker says:

• Jul 04, 2023
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Jul 04, 2023
    We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
  • Jul 04, 2023
    Application transferred
    Your application has been transferred to another office for continued processing. Read the message we sent you for more details.
  • Jun 20, 2023
    We received your enquiry.
My PVO is Etobicoke. I received my portal email today at 11.00 AM EST from IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
I received RFV on my GCKey from Etobicoke yesterday at 6.00 PM EST.

doublekk12

Apr 13, 2023
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Done....
28-12-2022
Thank you :)

This is what the tracker says:

• Jul 04, 2023
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Jul 04, 2023
    We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
  • Jul 04, 2023
    Application transferred
    Your application has been transferred to another office for continued processing. Read the message we sent you for more details.
  • Jun 20, 2023
    We received your enquiry.
My PVO is Etobicoke. I received my portal email today at 11.00 AM EST from IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
I received RFV on my GCKey from Etobicoke yesterday at 6.00 PM EST.
Thank you for sharing the information.
But I’d like to know the date when your application was redistributed to Etobicoke.
Because I think the date is relevant to the processing time.
If you don't mind, can you please share the date with me?
For mine, it was redistributed to Etobicoke at the beginning of March from Sydney VO.
I wonder why I don't get any update at all.

Last edited:

vaish1605

Feb 23, 2021
Thank you for sharing the information.
But I’d like to know the date when your application was redistributed to Etobicoke.
Because I think the date is relevant to the processing time.
For mine, it was redistributed to Etobicoke at the beginning of March from Sydney VO.
It was always Etobicoke. Even I am not sure why the status says it was transferred. I ordered GCMS notes 2 weeks back. I will have more details once i receive the notes.

Reactions: doublekk12

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Hey Guys!!!

Nice! Congratulations!!

You can reply on that Portal 1 email and state that you are in Canada (and provide them with all the details they need) and then add that your dependent is not in Canada so please send them a Passport Request Letter.

Reactions: vaish1605

Castrotroy80

Apr 23, 2023
How long have you been waiting?

SSR88

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I have a letter from my employer which shows I worked from June 6, 2022 to April 21, 2023, and mentions I was working 40 hours a week.

Now my paystubs show I was working biweekly a total of 70 hours in two weeks.

My hours are recorded in the paystubs and in few of the biweekly pay stubs my hours did not meet the 30 hours a week as I was on leave.

However, my reference letter says I was working continuously from June 6, 2023 to April 21, 2023 and does not mention any leaves taken.

Would this matter ? Or should I continue on the basis of my reference letter to count 1560 hours ?