+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cec new requirement .. I am in india now

CEC_SK

Oct 7, 2012
Hi guys
As per new rule for CEC, I have 12 months of experience in last 36 months and this will be valid till mid feb 2013.
But I am back to india now from canda from more that 1 year. Came back in mid feb 2011.
As i have 12 months of valid experience in last 36 months but away from canda from more than 1 years , can I apply under CEC.
I have all docs ready but before making payment want to confirm

rohitprimus

Jan 1, 2013
Yes! I think you can apply for cec since you qualify. But make sure your 12 months is not 11 months and few days....

GL

visitor404

Dec 18, 2012
check the eligibility criteria once again before making payment..

You need to meet these requirements to apply under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

1) plan to live outside the province of Quebec
2) have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
3) have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
4) apply while working in Canada or within one year of leaving your job in Canada
5) meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).

visitor404

Dec 18, 2012
sorry, I think you can apply or better call CIC .. I got confused with the requirements on the website..

Here are the requirements as per instruction guide, it did not mention about applying within one year of leaving the job..

What are the requirements?

All applicants must have:

maintained temporary resident status during their qualifying period of work experience, and provide documentation to establish they had legal temporary status in Canada,
acquired at least 12 months of full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in occupations that fall under Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC),
obtained the required work experience within the 36 months preceding the date their application is received,
the required level of English or French language proficiency (speaking, reading, listening and writing) for their occupational skill level,
not engaged in work in Canada without authorization,
not remained in Canada after the time authorized to do so has expired, and
not been found inadmissible to Canada on grounds such as health or security.
Note. If you do not meet all of the requirements described above, do not submit an application under the Canadian Experience Class as your application will be refused. Check the other immigration classes to see if you satisfy their eligibility criteria. Also check the CIC website regularly for changes to eligibility criteria.

jason214

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
AOR Received.
19-02-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2014
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
I'm sorry but I don't think you can.
The eligibility requirements clearly say "apply while working in Canada or within one year of leaving your job in Canada"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you've left your job for more than 1 year already, that makes you ineligible to apply.