+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

Shaq

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
I just received a msg from CIC. The message reads as follows;

"
On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application."

Did anyone else get this msg? What does it mean? Is this a new system they are implementing or does this mean that someone has started working on my file?

Thank you,

Ari Banerjee
same here!!!! I think it is for everyone not specifically for you or me. What I am hoping for is to see "this many days left until the final decision" because we already know how long it has been since we have submitted our application.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffsykess

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019

"
On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

Did anyone else get this msg? What does it mean? Is this a new system they are implementing or does this mean that someone has started working on my file?

Thank you,

Ari Banerjee
i got the same.. just time consuming trick

Reactions: Jeffsykess

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018

"

Thank you,

Ari Banerjee
I guess they are making the system more effective now? A lot of people got this message. We didn't though..

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
I guess they are making the system more effective now? A lot of people got this message. We didn't though..
lol more effective? it is just for the people who crossed 6 months mark so that they can relax a bit. the reason you didn't get it because you are already approve application who is just waiting for the application..

ari.banerjee

Nov 16, 2018
Does anyone know as to what is the longest time a candidate has waited to hear back from CIC over a CEC application decision? Can it take more than a year?

Muhammad_khurram

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018

"

Thank you,

Ari Banerjee
I received too... wts that

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
lol more effective? it is just for the people who crossed 6 months mark so that they can relax a bit. the reason you didn't get it because you are already approve application who is just waiting for the application..
I've been reading on other forums. Everyone got the email including those who are within the processing time, only exception is people whose files are approved.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Does anyone know as to what is the longest time a candidate has waited to hear back from CIC over a CEC application decision? Can it take more than a year?
yes, the longest in the tracker is 545 days. then there are some with 504, 475 and so on...

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
every single day is dissappointment! no updaate :(

Reactions: jessy87

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
every single day is dissappointment! no updaate :(
yeah u r right.. I am almost completing 8 months in dec since my AOR. My eligibility review required. I have uploaded a document to help them to clear my eligibility through ircc web form. They did not touch my file since my ELIGIBILITY REVUEW REQUIRED. I only passed medical. I know i cnt do nothing to speed up the process. Waiting is only option i have.