+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
You guys atleast know your file is approved. You can happily zone out negative thoughts. I have no clue what is happening with mine. At this point, I am closing to throwing and breaking things around my house. Grr.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
You guys atleast know your file is approved. You can happily zone out negative thoughts. I have no clue what is happening with mine. At this point, I am closing to throwing and breaking things around my house. Grr.
Welcome to my world! :)

what is your AOR? Mine is May 25th with no luck yet LOL

Reactions: khansatariq

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Don't worry! Many of us are still unaware. And I understand your frustration. We were on the same stage a month or so ago. Don't lose hope so early. It's just the third month of processing for you.
Many in this thread have passed 6 month's time and still waiting with some hope. :)
Stay calm and good things will happen soon :)

Reactions: sageorge

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
@myra20sharma I am so ready to get my PPR with you guys :D

in fact, I was looking at the tracker yesterday, many May 30 and May 31 applicants are still waiting for an update.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
@myra20sharma I am so ready to get my PPR with you guys :D

in fact, I was looking at the tracker yesterday, many May 30 and May 31 applicants are still waiting for an update.
yeah! It's something going on with May applicants, I too saw the tracker. I really hope they send out a big batch and make all May AORs happy together :D

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
yeah! It's something going on with May applicants, I too saw the tracker. I really hope they send out a big batch and make all May AORs happy together :D
oh I really wish.. I keep staring at the tracker , this threat..

Reactions: myra20sharma

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to my world! :)

what is your AOR? Mine is May 25th with no luck yet LOL
It is August 27th. detailed timeline in my signature. I saw a ghost update and woke the hell up from my happy world. That update has really messed things up. I was a happy woman before that. :/

detrtonca

Nov 16, 2018
Hey guys, I would like to share my situation and hopefully it could be of help.

CEC inland
Chinese Citizen
AOR June 1st, 2018

Received an email on June 12th, 2018, saying that there was an update on my application. Checked my account and found Medical Passed and the wording of Background Check is "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." According to this forum, it means IP2.

Ordered two sets of GCMS notes, one on July 12th and one on Aug 12th. From the notes, my Eligibility was Recommended Pass by an analyst on June 20th, 2018. Criminality is In Progress in both notes and Security is Not Started.

Noticed a Ghost Update in my account (no email) on Oct. 15th, 2018 and another Ghost Update (no email) on Oct. 21st, 2018. According to this forum, this is a good sign, as it at least means someone was working on my application :)

I consider my application to be very normal, except for one thing, which is that I joined the Chinese Communist Party when I was in China. I had no idea if it was going to cause me any trouble during Security check.

As time passed by after my second ghost updated, I began to panic, fearing that I was sent to the infamous SS stage due to bad luck or my party membership. Therefore, I emailed the great MP Ralph's office and his office replied within an hour with a piece of good news: application was approved on Oct. 21st (same time as my second ghost update).

Until now I haven't received the Golden Email.

Personal advice:
1. Ralph's office can only give us the status of our applications, e.g. Security in Progress or Criminality Passed. From what I read, they can't help expedite the progress. Consider it as a lite GCMS note without the need to wait for 30 days.

2. If you think there might have been a status change in you application, especially after noticing a ghost update, you can email Ralph's office to find out. The email address is ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca and I gave them my full name, UCI, EE application number and DOB. However, do note that one can only imagine how busy they are, so use this as a last resort.

3. I guess being a member of Chinese Communist Party doesn't mean automatic SS lol

Best wishes to all my peers!

Last edited:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018

CEC inland
Chinese Citizen
AOR June 1st, 2018

Received an email on June 12th, 2018, saying that there was an update on my application. Checked my account and found Medical Passed and the wording of Background Check is "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." According to this forum, it means IP2.

Ordered two sets of GCMS notes, one on July 12th and one on Aug 12th. From the notes, my Eligibility was Recommended Pass by an analyst on June 20th, 2018. Criminality is In Progress in both notes and Security is Not Started.

Noticed a Ghost Update in my account (no email) on Oct. 15th, 2018 and another Ghost Update (no email) on Oct. 21st, 2018. According to this forum, this is a good sign, as it at least means someone was working on my application :)

I consider my application to be very normal, except for one thing, which is that I joined the Chinese Communist Party when I was in China. I had no idea if it was going to cause me any trouble during Security check.

As time passed by after my second ghost updated, I began to panic, fearing that I was sent to the infamous SS stage due to bad luck or my party membership. Therefore, I emailed the great MP Ralph's office and his office replied within an hour with a piece of good news: application was approved on Oct. 21st (same time as my second ghost update).

Personal advice:
1. Ralph's office can only give us the status of our applications, e.g. Security in Progress or Criminality Passed. From what I read, they can't help expedite the progress. Consider it as a lite GCMS note without the need to wait for 30 days.

2. If you think there might have been a status change in you application, especially after noticing a ghost update, you can email Ralph's office to find out. The email address is alph.goodale@parl.gc.ca and I gave them my full name, UCI, EE application number and DOB. However, do note that one can only imagine how busy they are, so use this as a last resort.

3. I guess being a member of Chinese Communist Party doesn't mean automatic SS lol

Thanks so much for the detailed experience. Really appreciate you taking out time. Some of us, including myself, know we're approved while some, do not. I think Ralph thing would be a good idea to have some clarity specially to those who are still not sure, whether or not they are approved. Just to be sure, could you please confirm the email ID for those who'd like to know progress on their file via this process. Is it alph.goodale@parl.gc.ca or Ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca? :)

Thanks again!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
It is August 27th. detailed timeline in my signature. I saw a ghost update and woke the hell up from my happy world. That update has really messed things up. I was a happy woman before that. :/
Ghost updates are usually good news, so I'd suggest you stay the happy woman you are. :)
And also read the above conv. and see if you'd like to do this Ralph thing :)

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019

CEC inland
Chinese Citizen
AOR June 1st, 2018

Personal advice:

2. If you think there might have been a status change in you application, especially after noticing a ghost update, you can email Ralph's office to find out. The email address is alph.goodale@parl.gc.ca and I gave them my full name, UCI, EE application number and DOB. However, do note that one can only imagine how busy they are, so use this as a last resort.

wow thank you so much for the update. My question to you, does Ralph office answer to everyone? I was thinking should I approach to MP in my area or them? Please enlighten me :)

detrtonca

Nov 16, 2018
Thanks so much for the detailed experience. Really appreciate you taking out time. Some of us, including myself, know we're approved while some, do not. I think Ralph thing would be a good idea to have some clarity specially to those who are still not sure, whether or not they are approved. Just to be sure, could you please confirm the email ID for those who'd like to know progress on their file via this process. Is it alph.goodale@parl.gc.ca or Ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca? :)

Thanks again!
Damn it lol Thanks for spotting that. Just edited the original post

Reactions: r00hi

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
bwe a
be a happy woman again! do not stress out. see all of US! we are waiting :) get in line lady! we will be getting it soon