+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Any idea why all the CEC's from Feb are in hold? Not only May, the 80% of CEC's from Jan/Feb are on hold and only FSW are getting processed. I am from June CEC and stuck in IP2 since july. And came to know from the stats and immitracker that most of the CEC's are stuck. Any specific reason? We have to identify this else this had to be sorted out by notifying this to higher authorities. My assumption is that, CEC has reached its quota for this year and so the remaining applications will be processed starting from Jan. What do you all think?

tzarnick

Jul 9, 2018
Any idea why all the CEC's from Feb are in hold? Not only May, the 80% of CEC's from Jan/Feb are on hold and only FSW are getting processed. I am from June CEC and stuck in IP2 since july. And came to know from the stats and immitracker that most of the CEC's are stuck. Any specific reason? We have to identify this else this had to be sorted out by notifying this to higher authorities. My assumption is that, CEC has reached its quota for this year and so the remaining applications will be processed starting from Jan. What do you all think?

That's not the case a few of em got PPR who applied in October bro.

They got PPT in less than a month. Check the October thread.

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
That's not the case a few of em got PPR who applied in October bro.

They got PPT in less than a month. Check the October thread.
That's why I have mentioned 80%
I dint mean entire CEC's. Probably all the CEC's who are stuck might have submitted RCMP and who have gone through might have not submitted RCMP.

ari.banerjee

Nov 16, 2018
Didn't know there was a quota for CEC?

I seriously dont get this crappy system. My cousin from India applied and got her PR more easily and she has never been to Canada. She and her husband moved here with no problem. The subway lady in my city I go to got her PR super fast as well. Now she said that she is about to receive her brother who will again come and join Subway as a sandwich artist with her. His processing was flawless as well.

Is there a prejudice against people who come here to study and work before applying for PR? This is ridiculous as the preference should be given to people who have invested some time living in the country. It makes me insane thinking about these scenarios and how it works so effortlessly for some and other good candidates as held back.

I once met an immigration officer at a bar. This chick was black out drunk and not very smart to say the least. She said she processes applications and hates her job. I mean imagine having your application in the hands of one of these officers. Are they really equipped to evaluate your profile on a meritorious basis?

My application was rejected coz the formatting was wrong. I send them back the updated letters within a week but with no luck. I received a letter to reapply all over again. How hard is it to review the new letter of employments and hear a person out than to outright reject his/her application?

I know this seems like a rant but the system isn't designed to be fair.

Reactions: arun_kumar543

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Didn't know there was a quota for CEC?

I seriously dont get this crappy system. My cousin from India applied and got her PR more easily and she has never been to Canada. She and her husband moved here with no problem. The subway lady in my city I go to got her PR super fast as well. Now she said that she is about to receive her brother who will again come and join Subway as a sandwich artist with her. His processing was flawless as well.

Is there a prejudice against people who come here to study and work before applying for PR? This is ridiculous as the preference should be given to people who have invested some time living in the country. It makes me insane thinking about these scenarios and how it works so effortlessly for some and other good candidates as held back.

I once met an immigration officer at a bar. This chick was black out drunk and not very smart to say the least. She said she processes applications and hates her job. I mean imagine having your application in the hands of one of these officers. Are they really equipped to evaluate your profile on a meritorious basis?

My application was rejected coz the formatting was wrong. I send them back the updated letters within a week but with no luck. I received a letter to reapply all over again. How hard is it to review the new letter of employments and hear a person out than to outright reject his/her application?

I know this seems like a rant but the system isn't designed to be fair.
Very True.. sometime our fate rests on dumbs hand.. but this is so pathetic to see the applications of people who are already working in Canada and paying their money as taxes to government are kept aside and giving importance to outsiders.. I am talking for the sake of all CEC applicants.. In mean while, my LMIA would get expired for which I have claimed 50 points. My employer said if this PR is not going to be processed with this lmia, they can't renew it and wanted me to leave Canada. I am so worried now. It was 12 months when they have locked my application but I don't know what is going to happen now.

Reactions: goosegoose20

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Very True.. sometime our fate rests on dumbs hand.. but this is so pathetic to see the applications of people who are already working in Canada and paying their money as taxes to government are kept aside and giving importance to outsiders.. I am talking for the sake of all CEC applicants.. In mean while, my LMIA would get expired for which I have claimed 50 points. My employer said if this PR is not going to be processed with this lmia, they can't renew it and wanted me to leave Canada. I am so worried now. It was 12 months when they have locked my application but I don't know what is going to happen now.
Your frustration is understandable. And that would be really unfortunate if what you're saying, happens. I might sound stupid asking this question, so sorry in advance, but do you come down below the cut off if those 50 points are taken off?

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Your frustration is understandable. And that would be really unfortunate if what you're saying, happens. I might sound stupid asking this question, so sorry in advance, but do you come down below the cut off if those 50 points are taken off?
Govt officials have their own law and freedom. No SLA or transparency. Why online is not showing the exact status?

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Yes.. that is why I am so much worried..

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
And I am assuming you already ordered GCMS for yourself and that didn't give any clarity either?
I have ordered for the third time now. First 2 had same status.
Eligibility recommended pass
Criminality under process
Security hasn't started
The status remains the same since July

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I have ordered for the third time now. First 2 had same status.
Eligibility recommended pass
Criminality under process
Security hasn't started
The status remains the same since July
Okay. When was the last time you ordered? I mean what if something would have changed after you'd ordered it. Also, if you, by any chance, are in Toronto, you can send an email to Ralph. This email has helped a lot of people in different threads that I am following. They reply really fast. If not, did you call CIC lately. I came to know about my approval through an agent only.

ari.banerjee

Nov 16, 2018
Okay. When was the last time you ordered? I mean what if something would have changed after you'd ordered it. Also, if you, by any chance, are in Toronto, you can send an email to Ralph. This email has helped a lot of people in different threads that I am following. They reply really fast. If not, did you call CIC lately. I came to know about my approval through an agent only.
Who is Ralph? is there a Ralph equivalent in Winnipeg? Whats his title? And I've tried to call CIC but good luck getting through. With a ft job that's almost impossible to hold a phone on the line for 2 hours.

ari.banerjee

Nov 16, 2018
Were you approved for your PR? Congrats and how did you find out? Did your status change?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Who is Ralph? is there a Ralph equivalent in Winnipeg? Whats his title? And I've tried to call CIC but good luck getting through. With a ft job that's almost impossible to hold a phone on the line for 2 hours.
MP