+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Guys,
Had always heard this whole process is a mess and now I understand what that meant lol.
Here is my timeline:
AOR: May 10, 2018
Medical passed: May 16, 2018 (a guess because it was within a week).
Addiitional Document Request: May 18, 2018 (Asked for PCC, because there was no field when I was applying online by which I was shocked and scared lol which was a whole another issue but it was resolved right away)

Now since they acknowledged the additional documents, there has been no updates.
They're still processing the eligibility, and still processing the background checks.

Last week I received my GCMS notes, 78 pages long and I haven't been able to sit down and go through the whole thing. First thing I noticed was that they were last updated May 29th so what I had was all the info till that date. Going through the notes I saw that I was recommended passed and "minimum requirements met - ready to finalize RPRF". Now if I was recommended passed by May 29th, what's taking it so long!!!!!!
Just needed to vent guys, did anyone else get GCMS???
Because it was recommended passed by an agent... an officer has to review and PASS is formally. Not sure you should check within your notes if Criminality has been passed or not.
After Eligibility, the BGC starts...

hvrrykang

Jul 26, 2018
Because it was recommended passed by an agent... an officer has to review and PASS is formally. Not sure you should check within your notes if Criminality has been passed or not.
After Eligibility, the BGC starts...

Yeah I figured, still makes you anxious though lol. Criminality was not started at that time. I know it will take a while, I just wanted to share with everyone who might fall under similar timeline.

Reactions: Ashare and LunaMay

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,
Had always heard this whole process is a mess and now I understand what that meant lol.
Here is my timeline:
AOR: May 10, 2018
Medical passed: May 16, 2018 (a guess because it was within a week).
Addiitional Document Request: May 18, 2018 (Asked for PCC, because there was no field when I was applying online by which I was shocked and scared lol which was a whole another issue but it was resolved right away)

Now since they acknowledged the additional documents, there has been no updates.
They're still processing the eligibility, and still processing the background checks.

Last week I received my GCMS notes, 78 pages long and I haven't been able to sit down and go through the whole thing. First thing I noticed was that they were last updated May 29th so what I had was all the info till that date. Going through the notes I saw that I was recommended passed and "minimum requirements met - ready to finalize RPRF". Now if I was recommended passed by May 29th, what's taking it so long!!!!!!
Just needed to vent guys, did anyone else get GCMS???
Read it and refer to gcms notes thread in EE section. Let us know if u have more than commonly asked questions. As far as I experienced, I was on bgc 2 months full after getting recommended pass until final ppr. However, bgc time differs for each individual. I heard friends stuck in bgc for months until 6 months since aor to get ppr. In general, CEC bgc will take 2-4 months to complete. No panic, it’s normal and enjoy everything you have and final success is just around the corner.

Reactions: Ashare

Shaq

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Did you guys notice "no update" for May applicant since last week? Why? Why? Why? :( it's so frustrating :(

pintu999

Jul 20, 2018
I got a new section in my application. not sure what it is

Can anyone help me

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
  • Expiry Date:

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017

Android16

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I got a new section in my application. not sure what it is

Can anyone help me

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
  • Expiry Date:
I got the same, i think its only valid for people who require Biometrics.
For me it still says not required under biometrics

pls-answer

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application

this also shows the similar trend.. applications from the last week of April to May 10 are stuck. Another thing is, if you notice those who have received it, they have more than one dependent (most of them). My application is also from the first week of May, and the last update/interaction with them was during last week of May when they requested RPRF. After that the status was "document provided has been uploaded". I just noticed that it now says "We are reviewing uploaded doc". Not sure on which stage I am in right now, it is frustrating :(

---------

Your timeline is fairly similar to mine.
I got a request to pay RPRF in early June as my AOR is late May. I had no updates until the end of July.
The status for Additional Documents has just changed from "...uploaded" to "we are reviewing ..."
I am in IP2 at the moment as the overall status says "we are processing background check"
This, however, could take several months. It has been more than 2 months now.

PPL are saying that when one has got a request to pay RPRF, it is a good sign though.
because there is no point in requesting the applicant to pay this fee if the application is likely to be rejected.

Reactions: Shaq

namans

Aug 7, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have a general question regarding the documents required to submit for Express Entry. As per my document checklist, cic did not ask me for ielts,birth certificate, nor my work permit.

Im really confused and would appreciate if senior members can provide their opinion on it.

Thank you very much!

Soccer_rage

Aug 7, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have a general question regarding the documents required to submit for Express Entry. As per my document checklist, cic did not ask me for ielts,birth certificate, nor my work permit.

Im really confused and would appreciate if senior members can provide their opinion on it.

Thank you very much!

Hey , All the three documents you mentioned are not requested by CIC because they already have information about the same:-

1.Ielts - You provided the IELTS form number during profile creation.

2.Birth Certificate :- The soft copy of your passport will have all the information that your birth certificate would have.

3.Work Permit :- The UCI number provided will give CIC access to all the permit/permits related to you.

Hope this answers your question.

Reactions: namans