+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

Ashare

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
how much time does bgc take any idea?
I’m seeing all kind of patterns
Some are clearing in a week, and some in 2 months time for bgc. So I think it all depends on each persons profile. Since you have been waiting for over a month I would guess you to get PPR in the next 2-3 weeks. Fingers crossed

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I’m seeing all kind of patterns
Some are clearing in a week, and some in 2 months time for bgc. So I think it all depends on each persons profile. Since you have been waiting for over a month I would guess you to get PPR in the next 2-3 weeks. Fingers crossed
I do have a rather extensive travel history compared to the one of my spouse....
tonnes of travel within the gulf countries...
Hope you are good with your predictions mate ;)

Reactions: Ashare

krishv

Nov 22, 2017
Hello Guys,

Here is my Timeline.

April 11 - ITA

May 24- Uploaded my documents.

May 25- AOR

June 2- Medicals Passed

June 4 - Started Background Verification.

June 20- Received an email from cic for landing interview ( never requested) for june 29.

June 29- Attended the landing interview and got COPR.

But my online account did not changed anything. Still showing in Progress.

Reactions: Ashare

Ashare

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hello Guys,

Here is my Timeline.

April 11 - ITA

May 24- Uploaded my documents.

May 25- AOR

June 2- Medicals Passed

June 4 - Started Background Verification.

June 20- Received an email from cic for landing interview ( never requested) for june 29.

June 29- Attended the landing interview and got COPR.

But my online account did not changed anything. Still showing in Progress.
Congratulations!!!! Such a great news
One question Krishv how did u know background verification started on June 4th ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
My AoR is 6 Apr, CEC-Inland, Toronto based..

I have been in the so called "IP2" since 2nd week of Apr..so when I spoke to the IRCC agent he told me the following:
- Eligibility - Pass
- Medical - Pass
- Criminality - Pass
- BGC for spouse - Pass (she received an ADR request on 23 May and 24 May, it was cancelled saying it she passed the RCMP clearance)
- BGC for myself - Ongoing since end of last month... I hope I am not in the endless black hole of Security Screening now...(learnt during my call on 28 June)

This is the msg i received and that's where I learnt my file was in Calgary...

Application: xxxxxxxxx

xxxxx xxxxx,
Recently, you received a notice to have your spouse do RCMP fingerprints. Please ignore that request as our system has already passed her for her RCMP clearance. At this time, there is no outstanding items needed. Your file should be completed soon.
Thank you.

Case Processing Agent
Calgary CIC"

Question: Is there anyone on the thread whose file is getting processed in Calgary CIC too ?

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
My AoR is 6 Apr, CEC-Inland, Toronto based..

I have been in the so called "IP2" since 2nd week of Apr..so when I spoke to the IRCC agent he told me the following:
- Eligibility - Pass
- Medical - Pass
- Criminality - Pass
- BGC for spouse - Pass (she received an ADR request on 23 May and 24 May, it was cancelled saying it she passed the RCMP clearance)
- BGC for myself - Ongoing since end of last month... I hope I am not in the endless black hole of Security Screening now...(learnt during my call on 28 June)

This is the msg i received and that's where I learnt my file was in Calgary...

Application: xxxxxxxxx

xxxxx xxxxx,
Recently, you received a notice to have your spouse do RCMP fingerprints. Please ignore that request as our system has already passed her for her RCMP clearance. At this time, there is no outstanding items needed. Your file should be completed soon.
Thank you.

Case Processing Agent
Calgary CIC"

Question: Is there anyone on the thread whose file is getting processed in Calgary CIC too ?
Hey bud my secondary offices on notes are CIO, OSC and this Calgary CIC. And my file did get sent to there somehow in middle of the process. Don’t know why but I read my notes and found this VO as part of my applicantion processing VO. But file got sent back to CPC Ottawa after. Only one entry shows this Calgary VO

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey bud my secondary offices on notes are CIO, OSC and this Calgary CIC. And my file did get sent to there somehow in middle of the process. Don’t know why but I read my notes and found this VO as part of my applicantion processing VO. But file got sent back to CPC Ottawa after. Only one entry shows this Calgary VO
Thx you for the highlight bud... I am waiting to receive mine anytime next week.

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
does anybody know my options to know whats going on with my file? I'm CEC outland, AOR may 22nd, I know it hasn't been long but I'd like to know how to contact CIC and enquire about my case in a couple of months. Apparenlty phone numbers and emails only work within Canada. Are GMSC notes my only way to know about my file?

notee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
does anybody know my options to know whats going on with my file? I'm CEC outland, AOR may 22nd, I know it hasn't been long but I'd like to know how to contact CIC and enquire about my case in a couple of months. Apparenlty phone numbers and emails only work within Canada. Are GMSC notes my only way to know about my file?
I found this thread, maybe useful https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-call-cic-from-outside-canada-us.518057/