+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

Shaq

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Just a random question: If lets say 50 applicant have applied for CEC in May. Out of those 50, there are few with ITA of over 700 and those with an ITA of 450. Does that point system matter at all while processing the application or it is just based on date and time of application received. I know there are other factors like background check which varies but I wanted to know if the points pushes you further or not. (I've asked the same question in the other thread).

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Just a random question: If lets say 50 applicant have applied for CEC in May. Out of those 50, there are few with ITA of over 700 and those with an ITA of 450. Does that point system matter at all while processing the application or it is just based on date and time of application received. I know there are other factors like background check which varies but I wanted to know if the points pushes you further or not. (I've asked the same question in the other thread).
Naa

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Officially, once you get your ITA your CIC score doesn't matter anymore. Only your place in the queue and your case specifics. But who knows right?

Reactions: Shaq

prabhu020

Jun 4, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I received my ITA on April 25, CEC Inland, AOR - 23rd May, MEP - 25th May. Me and my wife applied together. I am the primary applicant currently working in Canada and my wife is in India. My current status is as given below:

Review of Eligibility:- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement
Review of adiditional document:- We do not need additional documents
Background Check:- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final Decision:- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Could someone please guide me on the current stage of my application?

Also, if someone knows about anyone who recently applied together with wife under CEC. Similar situation wife in India and husband in Canada. How much time did it take for ppr? I wanted to get a rough idea although I know that each case is different

Last edited:

leilap

Apr 4, 2018
May 31 AOR
June 12 Medicals Past
June 12 ADR Spouse RCMP check requested
June 13 Ghost Update
June 20 Submitted ADR (rcmp request for spouse)
July 17 PPR (I do not have to submit my passport though just copies), the email said they need this to issue the COPR so I don't want to mislead anyone, I don't have the COPR yet.

Reactions: Ashare

notee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
May 31 AOR
June 12 Medicals Past
June 12 ADR Spouse RCMP check requested
June 13 Ghost Update
June 20 Submitted ADR (rcmp request for spouse)
July 17 PPR (I do not have to submit my passport though just copies), the email said they need this to issue the COPR so I don't want to mislead anyone, I don't have the COPR yet.
Congratulations, so exciting!!!! :)