+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC MARCH 2018 APPLICANTS

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
what is the best way to get hold of CIC agent? I tried so many times but after I enter my application number, its runs the same update as in my online account, and then the phone is disconnected, never had any option to talk to agent?
I heard that it only works within Canada is this true? How am I supposed to get updates on my application? (will be submitting in two weeks aprox.)

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
Hello guys,

Today I received CIC-Etobicoke-Landings about my landing interview. Does anyone know what is this interview is about?
This may be related to below message flashing on CIC website login page
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We plan to expand our fingerprint and photo requirements
Starting July 31, 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.

Find out if these changes may apply to you.

seba

May 14, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
05-03-2018
Hi everyone! please PM me the link to whatsapp group. anyone seeing any activity?? I've been stopping myself from calling and ask about it.

AOR: 18-03-05 | ADR: 18-03-14 | ADR submitted: 18-03-22 | MEP: 18-03-14

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hi everyone! please PM me the link to whatsapp group. anyone seeing any activity?? I've been stopping myself from calling and ask about it.

AOR: 18-03-05 | ADR: 18-03-14 | ADR submitted: 18-03-22 | MEP: 18-03-14
Link PM'd. Cheers.

Reactions: seba

verob

Apr 30, 2018
Hello guys,

I submitted my application on March 5, Landing interview email from Etobicoke received on May 11, no updates in my profile to date.

I called the agent today, to verify my status and ask about rescheduling the landing interview due to my scheduled travel plans. I called around 8.30 am, was waiting on hold 30 min. Then very nice agent told me that my application has been approved, congrats and that I will receive the Confirmation of PR at the interview.

Hour later I received email from Etobicoke office to contact them after I return to Canada to schedule new date for the interview.

Call center 1-888-242-2100, then dial 3-4-1-0 to speak to an agent. Be prepare to wait, but they can tell you what is the status of you application.

Best of luck to all!

Reactions: HADDY and limin_w

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hello guys,

I submitted my application on March 5, Landing interview email from Etobicoke received on May 11, no updates in my profile to date.

I called the agent today, to verify my status and ask about rescheduling the landing interview due to my scheduled travel plans. I called around 8.30 am, was waiting on hold 30 min. Then very nice agent told me that my application has been approved, congrats and that I will receive the Confirmation of PR at the interview.

Hour after that I received email from Etobicoke office to contact them after I return to Canada to schedule new date for the interview.

Call center 1-888-242-2100, then dial 3-4-1-0 to speak to an agent. Be prepare to wait, but they can tell you wjatbis the status of you application.

Best of luck to all!
Congrats and appreciate you sharing your experience!!

Reactions: HADDY

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
Hello guys,

Hour later I received email from Etobicoke office to contact them after I return to Canada to schedule new date for the interview.

Call center 1-888-242-2100, then dial 3-4-1-0 to speak to an agent. Be prepare to wait, but they can tell you what is the status of you application.

Best of luck to all!

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
Hello guys,

Best of luck to all!
I told u that u r application was approved. Anyway,congrats man. So happy for you. There's hope. When did u pass ur medical?

Varun Hogade

Feb 25, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi All,
AOR- March 27, 2018
Could you please send me the whatsapp link ?
Thanks and good luck to all!

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Hello guys,

Best of luck to all!
I tried this option but this is related to study permit?

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Hello guys,

Best of luck to all!
congrats

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
I read somewhere that Canada is making biometric compulsory for PR applicant? should we do RCMP report before hand

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
I read somewhere that Canada is making biometric compulsory for PR applicant? should we do RCMP report before hand
don't think that candidate that submitted prior to July 31st would be affected,
see the message below:
We plan to expand our fingerprint and photo requirements
Starting July 31, 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.

Find out if these changes may apply to you.

Vivian2018

May 18, 2018
Hi All,

Application Submitted - 5th March
AOR - 5th March
Medicals Passed - 13th March

Status - Submitted
Background Check - "We will update you when we start your background check" (no change in this update, it's been 2 months already).

CIC customer service's response is not as expected, they sound like they do not want to provide the exact status.

Note: I'm already in Canada on WP

Any informational comments on this?