+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC --- Looks like continuous 12 months exp in Canada is a must ...

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
It looks like for the canadian points to be issues, continuous full time exp of 12 months is a must.
For those who went on a vacation for 4 weeks ... looks like not able to get those points..

CIC Web site says ... Canadian exp need not be continuous...
Gazette web sites say.... it must be continuous...

EE tool is designed as per Gazette update...

Now, this screwed up a lot of points... :(

ONLYMISSR

Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
Does is have to be continuous with the same employer?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
yea looks like many people here are not gonna like this. From the two sources you listed, there are different requirements in CEC and claiming EE points.

What I'm getting is: CEC people with interrupted experiences can gets into the pool with CEC, but cannot claim EE points because they are not continuous.

Although IIRC there are people saying they do get the points with interrupted experiences. So I don't exactly know, maybe there are glitches in the system after all.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
tdot_guy said:
any one have a link for this?
Try adding 6 monthss of Canada exp.. leave 5 weeks and add 8 more months..
Calculate the points..

although u spent 14 months.. which is over a year...u get 0 points.. cuz its not continous..
Check Gazatte.ca site.. its mentioned clearly.. which contradicts with cic site..

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
curious_123 said:
I took 3 weeks of unpaid vacation?is it going to be continuous then?
There are couple of issues...

EE system is designed to calculate points as below.
For example, you have taken an assignment in Canada on 28 of Feb 2014.
EE does NOT capture the date. It only captures the month.

So, you would select Feb for month and 2014 for year.
If you are selecting Jan for month and 2015 for year..EE awards one full year in canada points thinking that you have started your assignment on 1st of Feb.
You may get the invite, but technically, you did not do full 12 months. Later, officer may slap u with mis-representation of facts ("May" being the keyword)..

In your case, since its 3 weeks, even if you add two rows of work exp, EE will ignore and award points. The fact that you are unpaid, makes it more difficult to argue from your end that it's same job...

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it happens when u skip more than a month between jobs, like in my case I quit my job in may and started in june...even though there was a gap of few days I did not loose point.. I'd still say its very unfair to ask for continous experience

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tdot_guy said:
I think it happens when u skip more than a month between jobs, like in my case I quit my job in may and started in june...even though there was a gap of few days I did not loose point.. I'd still say its very unfair to ask for continous experience
Hey, this is worrying me. So If I quit my job on April 29th and join a new job on May 1st 2015 and my 1 year goes from July 1st 2014 to July 1st 2015, I won't lose points?

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did the same thing inface I had a weeks gap, my profile seems ok because they ask for months,,, so u will say u quit in april and started the new one in may, i think you should be fine. good luck!

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Even I have interrupted experience,

1.Employer 1 -NOC B - Oct 2013 - June 2014.
2. Employer 2 - NOC B - July 2014 - Present.

Will I get the points for my experience ??

Thanks.

tailcat

Nov 26, 2013
i got more than 1560 hours of part time work experience, 0 points. so i guess it has to be full time then.
equivalent doesn't count too :(

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
It is easy to "make" the system assign points.
Concerning thing is how the officer will interpret it later on when he reviews the app.

Not getting a PR visa is one thing. Getting banned for 5 years for "misrepresenting" is a whole different thing..