+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - JULY 2022 - APPLICANTS TIMELINE ***

FrenchTonst

Dec 23, 2022
Yes they said : "seems fine ... you still need to have few eligibility" ... I'm single, lived in Canada for the past years, 548 CRS, ... very basic case.

I really don't understand the issue. :(
Very very similar situation here, they also told me my file looks fine, but no improvement...
To answer a few of your questions, the person on the phone told me that the next steps are a quick double check by another agent, then email #1 with the questions to answer, then portal email, then copr.
They don't have any timeline, could take up to 21 months, but we are technically close to the end (even tho it could still take month).
Between email number 1 and COPR it usually takes 2 days, but now some people have waited 2 month to get it.
And yes, after COPR you can work

Zee234O

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
No ...where can I find it?
You have to confirm from the agent you speak to or on gcms note. You can confirm next time you call.
Also answerabove by frenchtoast is also valid. Most of us are close to the end already

Lelex

Jan 5, 2023
Thanks to both you.

Yes on their website it went from 9 months (July 2022) waiting to 21 months in December and now 20 months... On the phone she told me that for our requests from July 2022 it should NOT take 20 months. (plus ... it's supposed to be "express" right?)

I tried to call them (again and like 10 times) today but ... it does not work of course.

Ohhh wow 2 more months instead of 2 days! Insane.
Last thing is it possible to travel with CoPR only?

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi guys,

For me CEC (inland)
  • ITA: July 20
  • AOR: July 22
  • Medicals passed: September 20 (until here it was fine) - submitted status
  • No more update or info or anything else since September 20.
  • I'm still in "we review blabla... you don't have to do anything at that stage blabla"
  • I sent a request but as you can imagine no one answered me back yet
Just to let you know, a friend of mine was invited in late August 2022 for classic Express Entry (not CEC), she sent her files in October and received 3rd January 2023 her PPR... (normally EE-CEC was supposed to be faster than the classic pathway)
Reminder: Express entry is supposed to be 6 months or less... (and faster for CEC people)

I'm sorry I'm lost for many topics ... maybe you guys could help me (and others) with those questions :
In the website "MyIMMItrack" it seems that many people get the full loop AOR to PPR around 70-90 days ...I'm at 160 days today ! Do you think there is something wrong with my file?
How do you know which office is in charge of your file? (I didn't find where to find the info)
What is the next step after "eligibility"? and why is it sooooo long?
When you receive "the" email for the portal ... how long to receive CoPR? (is it by email or post-canada mail?)
Could you work just with CoPR (until you get the real physical PR card)?
Could you travel outside Canada just with CoPR?
How long to get physical PR card after CoPR?

Thanks for your help.
Same with me ,Passed Eligibility 2 months ago , but still stuck on info-sharing & background. For some people info-sharing just take few day but in my case already been 3 months since started ,

don’t know why

NeedHelp2020

Jul 23, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Same with me ,Passed Eligibility 2 months ago , but still stuck on info-sharing & background. For some people info-sharing just take few day but in my case already been 3 months since started ,

don’t know why
Just curious, do you have other PCCs including USA

FrenchTonst

Dec 23, 2022
Same here unfortunately
Let's cross the fingers for next week!
People that got the portal email in the last 2 weeks, did you receive COPR yet?

Reactions: Lelex

lumberjack23

Mar 17, 2015
To anyone else who got portal email - i just got mine and the UCI in the PDF is different from the one I've been using, anyone knows why?

Lelex

Jan 5, 2023
Just had someone on the phone ... cold as possible.
The only answer : "processing time is 20 months, that's it, I cannot tell you anything else we are under the processing time"...

My primary office is Edmonton apparently.
I passed everything so far according to the agent, medical, criminality, police, funds (even if we should not be asked during the doc review), security, etc. except : Eligibility.
No details on: have they started? is there a blocking point? which experience is now checked?
GCMS notes : 30-40 days to receive ... the receipt! not the notes. Crazy!

I tried to get info from the agent on ... "ok but usually, from your experience or on average, how long does it take for "eligibility"?"
--> answer: "now... it's 20 months that's the processing time"
:mad:

A nightmare!

Zee234O

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Just had someone on the phone ... cold as possible.
The only answer : "processing time is 20 months, that's it, I cannot tell you anything else we are under the processing time"...

My primary office is Edmonton apparently.
I passed everything so far according to the agent, medical, criminality, police, funds (even if we should not be asked during the doc review), security, etc. except : Eligibility.
No details on: have they started? is there a blocking point? which experience is now checked?
GCMS notes : 30-40 days to receive ... the receipt! not the notes. Crazy!

I tried to get info from the agent on ... "ok but usually, from your experience or on average, how long does it take for "eligibility"?"
--> answer: "now... it's 20 months that's the processing time"
:mad:

A nightmare!
Sadly I've had similar experience before too with cold agents but its all good.
I think most of us waiting long have the same VO and similar status. We just have to be patient

Reactions: klubsoda

FrenchTonst

Dec 23, 2022
Sounds like the lady I talked to yesterday lol
But as you said, back in July 2022, processing times were 9 month, I think we should take this into consideration, I think the 20 month is for people that apply now.
Now it's just a waiting game, but at least, everything else is done

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Sounds like the lady I talked to yesterday lol
But as you said, back in July 2022, processing times were 9 month, I think we should take this into consideration, I think the 20 month is for people that apply now.
Now it's just a waiting game, but at least, everything else is done
I think applications from July onwards are going to processed within the 6 months. That's what was announced in May, before the EE draws resumed.