+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - JULY 2022 - APPLICANTS TIMELINE ***

Lelex

Jan 5, 2023
@Frenchtone …
Did you apply in French?
i wonder if it’s longer to apply in French rather in English because both of us are latest from July now without any PPR! And we are above the 6 months!!!!

otbi

Jan 25, 2023
ITA: 28th September 2022
AOR: 5th November 2022
Portal email: 20th January 2023
Address & Photo Submission: 24th January, 2023
1st Office: Etobicoke

I'm a CEC (Inland) applicant with an Outland Dependant

My permanent residence application was recently approved along with my wife (Outland dependant), with the final steps being to confirm my permanent residence and also create my permanent resident card via the Permanent Resident Portal.

However, my wife has never been to Canada and we are still awaiting instructions on how my wife would obtain her passport request (PPR) to submit for her Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) in the visa office allocated in her country of residence and apply for a visa in order for her to come to Canada.

My question is what would be the next steps for my wife in particular?

Will I have to get my eCOPR first before they send an email requesting (PPE) for her Visa?

Reactions: spreadpeace

gottagetthatpr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
ITA: 28th September 2022
AOR: 5th November 2022
Portal email: 20th January 2023
Address & Photo Submission: 24th January, 2023
1st Office: Etobicoke

I'm a CEC (Inland) applicant with an Outland Dependant

My permanent residence application was recently approved along with my wife (Outland dependant), with the final steps being to confirm my permanent residence and also create my permanent resident card via the Permanent Resident Portal.

However, my wife has never been to Canada and we are still awaiting instructions on how my wife would obtain her passport request (PPR) to submit for her Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) in the visa office allocated in her country of residence and apply for a visa in order for her to come to Canada.

My question is what would be the next steps for my wife in particular?

Will I have to get my eCOPR first before they send an email requesting (PPE) for her Visa?
no. your wife will get ppr separately and everything is actionable from there onwards. once she gets ppr, she can book for passport submission from the authorised centres (hopefully, I guess it's vfs) and it will go to the visa office along with mentioned documents and she will receive her passport along with copr via registered post ( that's where I'm at)

otbi

Jan 25, 2023
no. your wife will get ppr separately and everything is actionable from there onwards. once she gets ppr, she can book for passport submission from the authorised centres (hopefully, I guess it's vfs) and it will go to the visa office along with mentioned documents and she will receive her passport along with copr via registered post ( that's where I'm at)
The Portal Mail was sent to both of us even though she is outland - is that normal and they'll still send her the PPR later on separately?

gottagetthatpr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
The Portal Mail was sent to both of us even though she is outland - is that normal and they'll still send her the PPR later on separately?
PPR is received at the representative/ first applicant's Email address and it is issued from one of VOs from the home country/ residence country of the spouse (can confirm mine). Weirdly enough, I got PPR for the spouse one day before PR Confirmation email (I haven't heard this before either)

Reactions: otbi

FrenchTonst

Dec 23, 2022
@Frenchtone …
Did you apply in French?
i wonder if it’s longer to apply in French rather in English because both of us are latest from July now without any PPR! And we are above the 6 months!!!!
No, I applied in English, I guess it's just the VO being extra slow

Reactions: Lelex

Aliban

Sep 3, 2022
I have received a request for an additional document yesterday, I uploadid it the same day but I still have this message in my profile :
« We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. »

is that normal??!

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I have received a request for an additional document yesterday, I uploadid it the same day but I still have this message in my profile :
« We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. »

is that normal??!
Yes, it might take a week or two to actually acknowledge the receipt of your additional documents. Once they confirm, you should also receive an email from IRCC on the same.

Reactions: Aliban

FissionMailed

Oct 6, 2022
Hi All. I've added my spouse post AOR and she's in India. Today both of us got the PR confirmation emails. In the attachment they sent, it mentions that principal applicant can act on behalf of the dependents. I'll fill the requested details. But when the portal is created, is there a way I can fill my spouse's Indian address and when will she receive passport request?

FissionMailed

Oct 6, 2022
Hi. Am in a similar situation. Me and my wife got the same PR confirmation emails. What did you do?

techie448

Jan 27, 2023
CEC inland

ITA 14 sept 22
SUBMITTED 25 sept 22
AOR 25 sept 22
MEDICAL 21 oct 22
IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal Email today!!!!! 27 jan 23

the email didn't share any portal details? only asked questions like uci, email, name, date of entry, current in canada?
also on my IRCC account there are no updates or mail.. it didn't change anything today, the last update is still for medical.

is this normal?
i did reply to the email... what are the next steps? why did my ircc account not update if my PR is confirmed?

UPDATE:
Submitted details back today 27 jan 23
PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Credentials for the PR Portal (received second email same day) 27 jan 23

this portal needs confirmation if you are inside canada (for ecopr), address and photo (for PR card). submitted all 3 today.

let's see how long ecopr and PR card take now

Last edited:

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
CEC inland

ITA 14 sept 22
SUBMITTED 25 sept 22
AOR 25 sept 22
MEDICAL 21 oct 22

the email didn't share any portal details? only asked questions like uci, email, name, date of entry, current in canada?
also on my IRCC account there are no updates or mail.. it didn't change anything today, the last update is still for medical.

is this normal?
i did reply to the email... what are the next steps? why did my ircc account not update if my PR is confirmed?
Congrats! yes totally normal. You will receive a second email with PR credentials

Fakename01

Jul 28, 2022
My AOR is July 27, 2022. Biometric, Medical, Eligibility Passed. I called IRCC today, they told me my application is at Security Check. What is that and how long does it take. They said it’s at the last stage. 1st VO: Vancouver 2nd VO: Etobicoke

PR2023

Dec 28, 2022
CEC inland

ITA 14 sept 22
SUBMITTED 25 sept 22
AOR 25 sept 22
MEDICAL 21 oct 22

is this normal?

UPDATE:
Submitted details back today 27 jan 23
PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Credentials for the PR Portal (received second email same day) 27 jan 23

this portal needs confirmation if you are inside canada (for ecopr), address and photo (for PR card). submitted all 3 today.

let's see how long ecopr and PR card take now
Congratulations! What's your visa office?