+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - JULY 2021 - APPLICANTS TIMELINE ***

D

Deleted member 1061270

Today,After multiple tries, I was able to connect to an agent who provided me the status of my application.My background check (including criminal and security -all passed) and the eligibility still in progress.My primary VO is in Vancouver and the last update to the file is from Yukon.The agent also mentioned that the last time the visa officer opened my file was on sept 17th.Waiting for the visa officer to do the final eligibility review.Dont know when will it happen.
It seemed like security was usually the final process of the background check, but that is no longer appearing to be the case.

My call with the agent has also shown that my security was completed but my criminality and eligibility were in progress. I got a GCMS notes telling me that some review is required for my eligibility, particularly with education credentials.

But then again, it is possible to have certain stages completed earlier despite having begun earlier, so who knows.

It seems like the pandemic has made the processing done out of order or something, but I hope you get your portal email soon.

AnurajAnnie

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
It seemed like security was usually the final process of the background check, but that is no longer appearing to be the case.

My call with the agent has also shown that my security was completed but my criminality and eligibility were in progress. I got a GCMS notes telling me that some review is required for my eligibility, particularly with education credentials.

But then again, it is possible to have certain stages completed earlier despite having begun earlier, so who knows.

It seems like the pandemic has made the processing done out of order or something, but I hope you get your portal email soon.
I have applied for the GCMS notes on oct 8th,haven't received any response yet.I have send them a reminder email today.

D

Deleted member 1061270

I have applied for the GCMS notes on oct 8th,haven't received any response yet.I have send them a reminder email today.
Yeah that's should do the trick. I did that a day before yesterday and got the notes that way too.

I have concerns that many of us won't see the good news even at the end of 2021, but I guess what can we do. But I think your process is nearly done. So I hope all is good.

AnurajAnnie

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
Yeah that's should do the trick. I did that a day before yesterday and got the notes that way too.

I have concerns that many of us won't see the good news even at the end of 2021, but I guess what can we do. But I think your process is nearly done. So I hope all is good.
I hope the same for all of us.There are chances that if the files are not processed by November,then might need to wait for the next year as most people will be taking their days off in December.(could be the case with Visa officers too)

Pariya

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
What is it with you? Just what is it? Someone is trying to keep us positive here and you just can’t help yourself but find a negative thing in that too, eh?

You have been doing this to a lot of people here. What do you mean by him having nothing practical, informative or constructive to offer? Can you read your own posts/replies to everyone here in this thread? Can you let everyone know that how many of those are constructive or substantial additions to this thread? Because I definitely know just how many of them are rude replies targeting other fellow members of this thread. I have nothing against that guy who is venting here in “July” thread even though he has a march AOR but just because he is venting about IRCC you have liked a couple of his posts in this thread. What substance are you getting from a rant about IRCC? Why did not you call him out?
Someone is trying to be positive and trying to keep others positive here and you can’t just demotivate him to stop. It’s always you who has a problem with other users in this thread. YOU SHOULD STOP. If you don’t like the post by someone in this thread, stay silent. You really don’t have to say anything.

This is an OPEN thread. People are free to join this thread. People will communicate in their own way. You are free to create a different thread and invite only so called “smart” applicants who you think have substantial information to share.
The problem is that he cannot be quiet, he is in every place. Only nice people can be nice to others, not everyone can do it. He thinks he is the boss here and he knows everything while he is not. We are all here to help each other with any words and opinions and solutions, give hope to others what we need all now.

By the way, I got my email and my AOR was July 18th. I wish you all the best and receive good news soon.

D

Deleted member 1061270

The problem is that he cannot be quiet, he is in every place. Only nice people can be nice to others, not everyone can do it. He thinks he is the boss here and he knows everything while he is not. We are all here to help each other with any words and opinions and solutions, give hope to others what we need all now.

By the way, I got my email and my AOR was July 18th. I wish you all the best and receive good news soon.
Congratulations! Glad you got the good news after all the wait. Hope everything is going well for you!

45thgrr

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Another day ! Folks hang in there decision is coming. Those genuinely anxiously waiting I treat you with compassion.

Have a nice day !

Alaa Afifah

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Hi guys sorry I know this page is for CEC applications
But I just need quick help regarding sending my passport for TRV stamping in Ottawa inland

On the standred small envelope the one IRCC is going to return, do I have to write down thire address again or just my address?

Those who have done it before please answer
Thank you!

Bogushevskey

Oct 1, 2021
Hi all,

I have an unusual question and i couldn't find any answers so maybe at least one of you will know...

I already got my CoPR, but my brother had to use a representative (employers requirement to get a job offer ;/). Unfortunately, this representative is highly incompetent and when she received his portal email, she didn't forward it or say anything! We found out about it today, almost a month after IRCC sent a REMAINDER!

Does anyone know, if there's any time limit to respond to portal email? any help will be much appreciated!

D

Deleted member 1061270

Hi all,

I have an unusual question and i couldn't find any answers so maybe at least one of you will know...

I already got my CoPR, but my brother had to use a representative (employers requirement to get a job offer ;/). Unfortunately, this representative is highly incompetent and when she received his portal email, she didn't forward it or say anything! We found out about it today, almost a month after IRCC sent a REMAINDER!

Does anyone know, if there's any time limit to respond to portal email? any help will be much appreciated!
As far as I have looked, and from other peoples examples, I don’t think there is a specific deadline for responding to portal email, although sooner is definitely preferred. I can be wrong about this though, seeing as I never received a portal email myself.

I do however know that if you get your credentials email after replying to the portal email, then you have 7 days to get your address and photo uploaded to the portal website. That’s not the same thing though…

Once again I might be wrong, if someone else can correct me or give a more accurate information, I’d welcome them.

I suggest you reply to the portal email on your own but definitely mention your representatives email address just to make them clear that your representative email is not the same as your actual email. In that way they won’t reject your response because of the different email address.

if the IRCC does not respond, or tell you that it’s too late, then I suggest you complain to the representative, and demand that he/she provides an explanation letter or a formal apology in written form with his or her signature or stamp (I assume ouright negligence towards client can result in their RCIC code revocation if you appeal hard enough, so maybe use that as a bargaining chip?) , and then attach that with the portal PDF and your information. You can send all the attached documents to the portal email or by web form I guess.

And definitely cut ties with that consultant once everything is resolved, for sure. Make sure you retrieve all the private information and documents that the representative might have when you part ways eventually.

i’m sorry you have to go through this. I suggest you create a forum thread and direct it towards @legalfalcon and see if his expertise can help you more…

Showmik

Apr 21, 2021
Windsor, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-07-2021
But I just need quick help regarding sending my passport for TRV stamping in Ottawa inland

On the standred small envelope the one IRCC is going to return, do I have to write down thire address again or just my address?

Thank you!
Your address. This is where they are going to send back your passport. Didn't get my CoPR but going by my previous experience of sending documents four different times to IRCC (TRV, TRV extension etc.) and I believe/assume, the process of your said query shouldn't be any different than all those.

Showmik

Apr 21, 2021
Windsor, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-07-2021
Hello, looking for an advice. I got my AoR on July 18th and the last update was Medical Passed on 18th August (and biometrics the day after) and since then no update. I am on PGWP and have a TRV (multiple-entry V-1). Given the very recent trend, it doesn't look like I would get any update or CoPR this year. Now I am planning to go home in mid-January for a month and a half, was wondering do I need to inform IRCC? If so, then should it be done before or after going there? If I get CoPR during my trip then what would be the next step?

This might not exactly be the correct thread to seek advise but thought someone might have/had been in that situation. Going home is an absolute necessity for me, my mother has last stage liver cirrhosis. Thank you.

sanish2014

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021

Thank you!
Your address only