+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC July 2018 Applicants

deryairdem

Nov 19, 2018
You can order for notes. A lot of us-- CEC applicants-- have yet to hear any tangible updates.
Did you try to email Ralph to find out perchance, if your eligibility has been passed, or if review is required?
thank you. How can I order GCMS notes? and who is Ralph? sorry I am a little bit ignorant about this process (glad that I managed to apply!)
my eligibility is still under review- no update.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
July 4 AOR (CEC). No update after medical.
I am in the same situation. CEC inland applicant

AOR july 4th and nothing after medical update. my work permit expires on nov 25th 2018
applied BOWP on sept 21 and till date no update.
I have plans to travel to my home country in Jan which looks very difficult now :(

MCWrang

May 23, 2018

AOR july 4th and nothing after medical update. my work permit expires on nov 25th 2018
I have plans to travel to my home country in Jan which looks very difficult now :(
My AOR is July 8th, and my work permit expired October 22, but my BOWP came through yesterday - exactly 68 days after I applied (as per the CIC processing time estimate). You will likely go into implied status on the 25th, but receive your approved BOWP a few days later :)

Minxmystery

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
thank you. How can I order GCMS notes? and who is Ralph? sorry I am a little bit ignorant about this process (glad that I managed to apply!)
my eligibility is still under review- no update.
Nothing to be sorry about. We are all here to assist and inform in anyway we can. Ralph is an MP in Saskatchewan, whose office helps check the status of your file- Nothing detailed. However, you can find out what status your eligibility is, and if necessary, order gcms notes for more detailed info.
Also note, that since you're in Canada, your local MP can order the same services as Ralph .

Read this link below for a step by step process towards ordering one:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

Best wishes

Last edited:

qw19367

Nov 6, 2018
I have a question- would CIC send us a ghost update any time they move to a new process? for example, would they send you a ghost update to inform you that you passed the medical exam? Can someone guide me on this? Much appreciate! And, best of luck to all of you- hope that we will receive PR soon- it is not an easy process after all.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I have a question- would CIC send us a ghost update any time they move to a new process? for example, would they send you a ghost update to inform you that you passed the medical exam? Can someone guide me on this? Much appreciate! And, best of luck to all of you- hope that we will receive PR soon- it is not an easy process after all.
Not always! Not for medical at least, for that you'll see a sure change as "medical passed'.

Reactions: qw19367

DeeGee1234

Aug 10, 2018

My boyfriend's BOWP also took around 67 days. We then used the In Canada Approval letter for the BOWP (the letter CIC send you through your profile to let you know that the work permit was approved) to apply for his TRV - we provided a letter of explanation in the TRV application that we didn't want to wait for the work permit to arrive in the mail due to the ongoing strike as we have travel plans.

Hopefully, your BOWP will be approved soon as well :)

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
My boyfriend's BOWP also took around 67 days. We then used the In Canada Approval letter for the BOWP (the letter CIC send you through your profile to let you know that the work permit was approved) to apply for his TRV - we provided a letter of explanation in the TRV application that we didn't want to wait for the work permit to arrive in the mail due to the ongoing strike as we have travel plans.

Hopefully, your BOWP will be approved soon as well :)
Heya thank you so much for that, by the looks of it I have more 7 days to wait before reaching the 68 days mark. Hopefully everything will be worked out as well..

skybot

Nov 21, 2018
I have received my GCMS notes today. My AOR is 9th July and Med Passed is 23rd July. I see that my eligibility is recommended pass, criminality check is ongoing and security screening has not started. I see my office is CPC Vegreville, but I thought it was closed. It seems the last update was made at the end of July. Is it taking more time? Could that closed office delay the application processing time?

Muhammad_khurram

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I don't think so that would help they are taking time as much as they want...i know its quite frustrating for me also. I already applied 17 of July under CEC but no update except medical... gcms notes is just satisfaction for you to know about what they are doing exactly....

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
And you receive GCMS notes at least 2 weeks after it's generated, which defeats the purpose. If you are in Canada, one way is to approach the MP of you locality and ask him/her to get the details from CIC. A lot of people have been asking Ralph Goodale, who is based in Regina. Poor gy is being flooded with 100s of emails. I'd rather go to a local politician. Alternatively, obviously is to make a call. I am planning to call next week.

Status from my GCMS notes:
Eligibility: recommended Passed and then passed
Meds: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: In progress

What's next?

Last edited:

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
hi everyone, do you know how long it would take to move from IP2 to PPR? I'm on IP 2 now.
That's is a million dollar question that - almost like the world economy - no one knows. I have been in IP2 since July and some have reached IP2, like you, later in the stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: qw19367