+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC July 2018 Applicants

maryjanesmith

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Thank you so much. This is really helpful. I tried "checking the status of my application" on the CAS but it did not come up. I logged in the usual way to see my updates. I passed my Medicals and I have been asked to provide a RCMP clearance with fingerprints. I went to my local RCMP a couple days ago and got it done. They said to expect it in 10 days.

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Thank you so much. This is really helpful. I tried "checking the status of my application" on the CAS but it did not come up. I logged in the usual way to see my updates. I passed my Medicals and I have been asked to provide a RCMP clearance with fingerprints. I went to my local RCMP a couple days ago and got it done. They said to expect it in 10 days.
Good to know you are done MEP stage and background checks are in progress.
What is your AOR?

maryjanesmith

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I got it on July 10. I am a little worried because I forgot to attach the offer letter and contract for my current job which shows that it's for an indefinite period but I attached a letter from my employe showing position, description of duties, salary and that my contract is "full-time regular'. I thought they would request it when they began to look at my application but they have only requested the RCMP check. It seems our timeline is quite similar

Reactions: mcaranay

ANN604

Jul 27, 2018
Hi all,

I just got an ITA in the July 25th draw. Congrats to everyone else who did as well.

I think I've gone in to that panic of stressing out about the small stuff...

I took photos of all my documents and created a PDF (as I did when I applied for my study permit and my pgwp).

But I feel like I keep seeing the words "scan" on everything and I just want to know if anyone else did the same as me. Used photos instead of scans.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: skinny123
Nov 9, 2017
Hi All,

I received my ITA under CEC for July 25th draw. Can someone please confirm if I need to submit experience letter for my spouse who is NOT the primary applicant and his work history did not gain any score in CRS. I'm planning to provide his offer letters and proof of employment letter, are these two suffice? or is it mandatory to provide my spouse experience letter though he do not have any Canadian work experience?

Please confirm!
Thanks in advance.

skinny123

Jan 18, 2018
Hi All,
I have a few questions in regards to my application, I got ITA under CEC for July 25th draw and submitted my application on July 26th.

I currently have a full time job (which I used for my application) and a seasonal part time job I do a few days in a month, it's not a serious job (just 3 hours daily) and I wasn't claiming points for it. I forgot to add it to my personal history but I added it to my letter of explanation. Will this be an issue with my application?

Also, my work permit expires on the 1st of September 2018, I applied for my WP extension last month but it shows online its going to take about 100 days more to get this. I was meant to get 3yrs work permit but I got 1yr because my passport was expiring in 1yr.

Not sure what to do about this, should I apply for the bridging work permit? if I don't get my PR and my work permit extension before September 1st, will I have to leave my job?

veraww

Jul 24, 2018
AOR July 9 2018. Received request for RCMP clearance today July 24, 2018
Hi, do you know whether a lot of people were asked for it? Could you please explain your situation? I have lived in Canada since my 18 years old and I am not required for any police certificate. Do you have the same situation but they asked for a Canadian police certificate?

maryjanesmith

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi, do you know whether a lot of people were asked for it? Could you please explain your situation? I have lived in Canada since my 18 years old and I am not required for any police certificate. Do you have the same situation but they asked for a Canadian police certificate?
Hi I am not sure why they asked for it. I supplied one from my home country (New Zealand). I got my AOR on July 10 and on 24 July, they asked me for the RCMP clearance. I got one and uploaded it today. So the wait continues.

chiru1973

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Team, I have a major query related to job offer point in crs calculator site : 8) Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (if needed)?
I am getting job offer against my PGWP. After 1 year, I can be eligible to apply under EE, provided I get additional point for the question , mentioned above.
My query is ,if I can consider my offer valid, as per LMIA? Kindly revert with your valuable feedback. Regards

purvesh007

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-06-2018
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-07-2018
Apologies in advance for the dumb question but how do know if you have received a ghost update?
If you get email stating that your account is updated, but when you check online into your account, nothing has change. That is called ghost update.

purvesh007

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-06-2018
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-07-2018
Team, I have a major query related to job offer point in crs calculator site : 8) Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (if needed)?
I am getting job offer against my PGWP. After 1 year, I can be eligible to apply under EE, provided I get additional point for the question , mentioned above.
My query is ,if I can consider my offer valid, as per LMIA? Kindly revert with your valuable feedback. Regards
Mostly no for the normal job(unless you have offer letter which is LMIA which is very rare)

Soj917

Jul 14, 2018
If you get email stating that your account is updated, but when you check online into your account, nothing has change. That is called ghost update.
Got the same email. I checked and noticed that it a said my medicals were ok. I guess that was the update.