+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - January 2024 AOR ******

alokpatel007

Mar 19, 2024
You get 2 separate BILs for each of you? They're both shown in the account?

And what was the ADR about?
`Yes, I received 2 BIL in total today. ADR was about IMM5406, they wanted a signature, I missed that part when I shared them before. Also, maybe they wanted to see the change in address of my Spouse. When I submitted this document first the address was for India, and now as my spouse is in Canada the address changed. Maybe the officer wanted to check this stuff, if that's true he is for sure smart.

Reactions: CanGoldDigger

HKS12

May 24, 2019
Hello,

A quick question .
I applied for BOWP and I received a letter stating that ircc has received my application. Can I continue working or should I wait for any other letter that states I am eligible to work .

adamtesting

Mar 1, 2024
received BIL & medical request on March 26
Medical exam done on April 5 -> no updates yet
BIL done on April 12 -> updated in gckey portal the same day
and idk why my tracker has not been updated since March 27

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
Hello,

A quick question .
I applied for BOWP and I received a letter stating that ircc has received my application. Can I continue working or should I wait for any other letter that states I am eligible to work .
Do you have a valid WP?

Reactions: HKS12

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
received BIL & medical request on March 26
Medical exam done on April 5 -> no updates yet
BIL done on April 12 -> updated in gckey portal the same day
and idk why my tracker has not been updated since March 27
Tracker isn't 100% consistent. Some people got their P1 or P2 or even CoPR and their tracker isn't updated yet. At some point I got a visa, then my tracker got updated like one week later.

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
Yes , but it's expiring tomorrow. I have already applied for BOWP
As long as you submitted your BOWP before your WP expiry, you're considered to be on so-called Maintained Status (previously called Implied Status). That means, you're good to work as long as you're in Canada. But if you leave, your permit is broken.

Roughly speaking, you're good.

Reactions: HKS12

MichaelT

Apr 18, 2024
Applicants : Self
Eligibility Category : CEC
Occupation Category: STEM
Job Offer : Yes
LIMA : No LIMA
Docs Submitted : 11 JAN 24
AOR Received : 11 JAN 24
Biometrics: In Progress
Medical : Not Started
Background : In Progress
Eligibility: Not Started

I submitted my biometrics, medical, and any other required documents with the initial application on January 11, 2024. My UCI changed from CAN to E on March 29, 2024. No emails, requests, or updates on the status tracker, also tracker hasn't been updated since March 29. I applied for a bridging open work permit, but have not heard back.

Anyone in this situation? Feels like I am stuck in limbo.

adamtesting

Mar 1, 2024
Tracker isn't 100% consistent. Some people got their P1 or P2 or even CoPR and their tracker isn't updated yet. At some point I got a visa, then my tracker got updated like one week later.
Thanks for your input and congratz on your ecopr!
Just found out I passed medical exam on gckey today. Tracker still has not yet been updated, not sure what is happening with the site but you're right it is not consistent as it's supposed to be

Reactions: SamDam

luizesc

Mar 12, 2024
Thanks for your input and congratz on your ecopr!
Just found out I passed medical exam on gckey today. Tracker still has not yet been updated, not sure what is happening with the site but you're right it is not consistent as it's supposed to be
Yeah, Tracker is quite weird, since my BIL, it never updated anything, I already got my P1 this week, but tracker still shows Biometrics and Background in progress, and Medicals and eligibility as not started.

Gckey shows biometrics complete and medicals passed, and shows a date in the decision made (in progress still), and as I mentioned, I already got P1 and replied...

I don't know what's the purpose of the tracker if it does not track anything.

luizesc

Mar 12, 2024
Just received P1 and already replied.

My signature is up-to-date
Got P2 this Monday

My signature is up-to-date

BTW, Tracker is still "dead". I don't know what is happening, but it looks like lots of people are going through the same. You create an account there to get updates, and it ends up being less up-to-date than the GCKey LOL

Reactions: SamDam

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
Applicants : Self
Eligibility Category : CEC
Occupation Category: STEM
Job Offer : Yes
LIMA : No LIMA
Docs Submitted : 11 JAN 24
AOR Received : 11 JAN 24
Biometrics: In Progress
Medical : Not Started
Background : In Progress
Eligibility: Not Started

I submitted my biometrics, medical, and any other required documents with the initial application on January 11, 2024. My UCI changed from CAN to E on March 29, 2024. No emails, requests, or updates on the status tracker, also tracker hasn't been updated since March 29. I applied for a bridging open work permit, but have not heard back.

Anyone in this situation? Feels like I am stuck in limbo.
The procedure is supposed to take like 5 months in total. The real processing -generally speaking- starts in the last month i.e. 4 months after your AoR. That said, in your case (aslo generally speaking), you shouldn't expect any progress in April. However, people aren't in a strict queue in terms of processing their applications, I don't know why.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelT

tubelip

Sep 5, 2023
I'm anxious that a lot of people seem to not receive the P1 Email, only to call IRCC and be told that it was sent a month ago.

Is that something I should do with my timeline for peace of mind that no P1 was sent?

• December 08, 2023: ITA STEM Draw
  • Jan 01, 2024: AOR CEC Inland
  • March 25, 2024: Biometrics Collection Letter and Submitted
  • March 27, 2024: Biometrics Submitted and Updated to Completed
  • March 27, 2024: BG Check In Progress, Eligibility Not Started, Medical passed

luizesc

Mar 12, 2024
I'm anxious that a lot of people seem to not receive the P1 Email, only to call IRCC and be told that it was sent a month ago.

Is that something I should do with my timeline for peace of mind that no P1 was sent?

• December 08, 2023: ITA STEM Draw
  • Jan 01, 2024: AOR CEC Inland
  • March 25, 2024: Biometrics Collection Letter and Submitted
  • March 27, 2024: Biometrics Submitted and Updated to Completed
  • March 27, 2024: BG Check In Progress, Eligibility Not Started, Medical passed
I think with this timeline, you should definitely call, my CEC inland for the same draw with the AOR on 17 JAN is already on P2 (check my signature for full timeline), of course we know that there's no standards with IRCC, but if you completed you Bio a month ago, you most likely are in one of their "semi-limbos" that a call "makes it move"