+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - January 2019 applicants

bmukadam

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
Hello experts!

I have a question
I submitted my CEC inland application on January 3, 2019 and got AOR the same day.

Now my dilemma is that my passport is expiring December 2019.
What are the chances that they can reject my application because my passport is expiring soon?

I can apply for a new passport but will I be able to upload the new document now that my application is already submitted? Will that increase the processing time.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would truly appreciate it.
Thank you!

elviejopaulino

Jan 6, 2019
Anyone got any updates?
In my case It's been 1 month since AOR and still no updates. Not even medicals passed :/
Anyway. Please kindly let us know of any updates on your end :)

ypd_ken

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
you won't need to submit a criminal check for Canada when you submit your PR. You will get asked for it later after you pass the medical exams. So don't worry and submit your PR at your earliest convenience. Good luck!
Hi one query on the Police clearance for Canada for those who are living for more than 6 months in Canada. Does everyone need to get the criminal check done in Canada or its individual PR application based and not for everyone ?

bmukadam

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
Hello,
I just got an update saying I passed medical.
Background check changed from “Not applicable” to “we are processing your background check.”

What’s next? Any idea how long it takes from that stage to the next update?

AOR January 3, 2019.

elviejopaulino

Jan 6, 2019
Hello,
I just got an update saying I passed medical.
Background check changed from “Not applicable” to “we are processing your background check.”

What’s next? Any idea how long it takes from that stage to the next update?

AOR January 3, 2019.
Great news!
Did you actually get an email saying there was an update on your account? or did you check directly on your cic account profile?
I'm literally checking every day but no updates so far!

bmukadam

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
Great news!
Did you actually get an email saying there was an update on your account? or did you check directly on your cic account profile?
I'm literally checking every day but no updates so far!
No email
I was just randomly checking (do that around 4 times a day lol) and I saw that medical and BG had changed.

What’s your AOR? hopefully you will hear soon :)

elviejopaulino

Jan 6, 2019
No email
I was just randomly checking (do that around 4 times a day lol) and I saw that medical and BG had changed.

What’s your AOR? hopefully you will hear soon :)
My aor is January 2, 2019. I also check at least 2-3 times each day lol. I guess I should expect an update soon. Hopefully this week!

bmukadam

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
My aor is January 2, 2019. I also check at least 2-3 times each day lol. I guess I should expect an update soon. Hopefully this week!
Good luck :) let us know.
Also what’s IP1 and IP2? Any idea what should I expect next after today’s update and when??
Thanks for all the help

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
Finally, I passed the medical exams!
Background check in progress now :)

AOR: Jan 2, 2019
Medicals Passed: Feb 15, 2017
Congrats !

Just a quick question since your category is CEC, did they send you any biometric letter request? Or would you need one for CEC?

elviejopaulino

Jan 6, 2019
Congrats !

Just a quick question since your category is CEC, did they send you any biometric letter request? Or would you need one for CEC?
So far I have not received any request to provide biometrics. Not sure If I will need one though. I guess I will find out later on.

bmukadam

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
Hello, I got a ghost update today. It shows that there is a change in the application status but all the fields remain the same. Should I be worried?