Background Check changed from Not Applicable to In Progress (1): April 10, 2017
Hoping for BGIP 2 and PPR soon! :D :D :D :D

joyleo

Apr 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my_yute said:
I applied Feb 23 and later sent a CSE when I got my AOR in March
So you are saying that you had applied for the BOWP even before you received your AoR? I read of cases where people were refused the BOWP because they had forgotten to attach the AoR. They even tried raising a CSR and attaching it through that, did not work out. So long story short, if I am understanding this correctly then you are quite lucky. :)

varuncbe123

May 24, 2015
Hi All this is my current status:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

On March 1, I got a query from CIC which I had uploaded on March 13, and again on March 17 I got a mail regarding incompleteness of medical test. At that point my BG status was We are processing your background check

I submitted my completed medicals and submitted the report on friday, which is April 7th. Today morning my BG check changed from In progress to Not applicable, and again to in progress

I am little worried as I had submitted my documents on December 15 and it has been 5 months. Also not sure about if they have reviewed my additional documents, and I am CEC inland.

Need your comments in this regard and thanks all in advance.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varuncbe123 said:
Hi All this is my current status:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

On March 1, I got a query from CIC which I had uploaded on March 13, and again on March 17 I got a mail regarding incompleteness of medical test. At that point my BG status was We are processing your background check

I submitted my completed medicals and submitted the report on friday, which is April 7th. Today morning my BG check changed from In progress to Not applicable, and again to in progress

I am little worried as I had submitted my documents on December 15 and it has been 5 months. Also not sure about if they have reviewed my additional documents, and I am CEC inland.

Need your comments in this regard and thanks all in advance.
Did you order your GCMS NOTES yet ? if not do so that will tell you in details as to what is going on

my_yute

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
joyleo said:
So you are saying that you had applied for the BOWP even before you received your AoR? I read of cases where people were refused the BOWP because they had forgotten to attach the AoR. They even tried raising a CSR and attaching it through that, did not work out. So long story short, if I am understanding this correctly then you are quite lucky. :)
Yes, I applied online with my medicals before I got AOR. Maybe its luck or maybe it's an unwritten rule that CIC don't want us to know about. At the end of the day, just remember that approval depends on the officer handling your file.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Caesarpy said:
My timeline:

ITA: Jan 11, 2017
E-APR & AOR: March 5, 2017;
Medical passed: March 27, 2017;
Background check In progress for the first time: March 27, 2017;
Background check changed back to Not Applicable: March 28, 2017;
Schedule A request: March 31, 2017;
Schedule A submitted: April 5, 2017;
Background check changed to In progress again: April 6, 2017;
PPR: April 7, 2017.

:D
OMG. This was SO FAST! :eek:
Wish mine is processed fast too... :)

joyleo

Apr 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my_yute said:
Yes, I applied online with my medicals before I got AOR. Maybe its luck or maybe it's an unwritten rule that CIC don't want us to know about. At the end of the day, just remember that approval depends on the officer handling your file.
There is nothing truer than that!

Scifier17

Apr 13, 2017
immshunli said:
Hello, did you notice any background check status change before PPR
I have an agent who did it for me on my behalf so I don't have all that info as only he can access it. Sorry.