CEC INLAND SHARE YOUR TIMELINE

Pinga

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Peers,

I have just joined the wait list with my AOR today. Wish the wait be as less as possible ;)

Pinga

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
magnifichole said:
Got PPR last friday, June 10, 2016 :)

Jan 16, 2016 AOR
Meds passed after a week
No update since then.
Got email notification June 8 and finally Got PPR June 10.

Congrats Magnifichole

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
Hi Guy,
I got a request from CIC for Schedule A form, they want details of my address from Sept 2012 to July 2013.

I downloaded the generic Schedule A form and its very long and there are things in there which CIC did not ask for like education history work history. My question- do i need to fill the entire form or just the address history section?

Pinga

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenfeizh said:
guys just got an update email

Medical has been cleared as of 15/Jun/2016

BG Check went from not needed to in progress as of 15/Jun/2016

So grateful that my file was being worked on. Hope to hear some good news from you guys too :D
Wish everything moves on in-time for you Wenfeizh and congrats for the Medicals

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinga said:
Wish everything moves on in-time for you Wenfeizh and congrats for the Medicals

Thanks you too Pinga :)

we have the same CRS and both CEC haha.

You single applicant? Any Canadian education? Just curious.

Pinga

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenfeizh said:
Thanks you too Pinga :)

we have the same CRS and both CEC haha.

You single applicant? Any Canadian education? Just curious.
Hey Wenfeizh,

I have applied with my spouse included and i dont have Canadian education

Radu1981

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 December 2015
Doc's Request.
26 May 2016
AOR Received.
15 December 2015
Med's Done....
20 December 2015
Passport Req..
7 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2016
LANDED..........
25 June 2016
Update

CEC - Inland with LMIA
AOR 15 December
Medical passed 20 December
Application closed and refused on 11 May 2016 because of the expiration date of the LMIA (the issued date and expiration date was in the same day)
Email to CPC-Ottawa on 23 May 2016 with correct expiration date of the LMIA
Application re-opened on 26 May 2016
Request for RPRFee on 26 May 2016
Paid and submitted the RPRFee on 26 May 2016
PPR request on 7 June 2016
PPR sent on 7 June 2016
PPR received by CPC-Ottawa on 9 June 2016
Application closed and approved on 15 June 2016
PPR + Copr = Waiting

Good luck to all

sahil1986

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016

Chlo224

Jun 8, 2016
Hi all,

No updates on my side but I am finding myself in a tricky situation and I need your help answering a few questions:

I have to travel to my home country (France) in September. My current work permit expires on August 31, 2016. I have applied inland for PR under CEC category on February 24 so hopefully I will receive COPR before end of August - but who knows, right?

So, just in case PR would take too long to be approved (or not be approved at all – ouch!), I have also applied for a BOWP on May 27 but haven’t received it yet either (processing time is 3 months so I am not really surprised).

Now I understand that if I receive COPR before the expiration of my current work permit I can either do landing at a CIC office or at the border – there, I would get record of landing and would have to wait to receive PR card which takes about 6-8 weeks to be mailed to my Canadian address. That’s a risk that I won’t receive the PR card before leaving September though.

Apparently, I can still leave the country and then apply from France for a PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) but to be honest the process looks quite complicated to me so I’d rather avoid it if I can + I’d only stay there for a week. So my first question is: Can I just leave Canada before the expiration date and then come back and do landing with COPR when flying back to Canada?

OR If I receive BOWP and COPR, can I just get the BOWP validated so that I can travel outside and then do landing with COPR when coming back to Canada? I am afraid the Border officer might not validate my BOWP if he sees in the system that PR has been granted.

I have read somewhere that to be able to validate your COPR when entering at a Canadian airport you need proof of legal status in Canada, that’s why I don’t really know if I need the BOWP to be able to do that or the PRTD or none of them. Also, I won't be on implied status if Immigration has already made a decision and sent me the COPR.

Thanks in advance for your help guys and sorry for the HUGE post! ;D

MapleIt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2016
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016
Nomination.....
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
e-APR
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2016
LANDED..........
19-11-2016
Hi All,

Congratulations to all the successful aspirants.

Best of Luck to rest of us.

My timeline in the signature. 8)

Pinga

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chlo224 said:
Hi all,

No updates on my side but I am finding myself in a tricky situation and I need your help answering a few questions:

I have to travel to my home country (France) in September. My current work permit expires on August 31, 2016. I have applied inland for PR under CEC category on February 24 so hopefully I will receive COPR before end of August - but who knows, right?

So, just in case PR would take too long to be approved (or not be approved at all – ouch!), I have also applied for a BOWP on May 27 but haven’t received it yet either (processing time is 3 months so I am not really surprised).

Now I understand that if I receive COPR before the expiration of my current work permit I can either do landing at a CIC office or at the border – there, I would get record of landing and would have to wait to receive PR card which takes about 6-8 weeks to be mailed to my Canadian address. That’s a risk that I won’t receive the PR card before leaving September though.

Apparently, I can still leave the country and then apply from France for a PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) but to be honest the process looks quite complicated to me so I’d rather avoid it if I can + I’d only stay there for a week. So my first question is: Can I just leave Canada before the expiration date and then come back and do landing with COPR when flying back to Canada?

OR If I receive BOWP and COPR, can I just get the BOWP validated so that I can travel outside and then do landing with COPR when coming back to Canada? I am afraid the Border officer might not validate my BOWP if he sees in the system that PR has been granted.

I have read somewhere that to be able to validate your COPR when entering at a Canadian airport you need proof of legal status in Canada, that’s why I don’t really know if I need the BOWP to be able to do that or the PRTD or none of them. Also, I won't be on implied status if Immigration has already made a decision and sent me the COPR.

Thanks in advance for your help guys and sorry for the HUGE post! ;D
My understanding is, once you get a COPR all your Workpermit/BOWP become Void. So the day you are planning to come back to Canada, if you have COPR already, then i think you do not require to have the BOWP validated anymore

Seniors correct me, if i am wrong

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Pinga said:
My understanding is, once you get a COPR all your Workpermit/BOWP become Void. So the day you are planning to come back to Canada, if you have COPR already, then i think you do not require to have the BOWP validated anymore

Seniors correct me, if i am wrong
Correct. You only need a valid status if you're doing landing within Canada (flagpoling).

Reactions: Adanac11

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
manidhatt said:
Correct. You only need a valid status if you're doing landing within Canada (flagpoling).
Yes - the outsiders who are landing in Canada for the first time only have COPR + possibly visa.

To the original poster, several things you cited appear confusing.

If your PR has been approved, you can enter with COPR ONCE as part of completing your landing process. I believe you are from a visa exempt country which is why COPR is all that you need. Otherwise for people who are not visa exempt, they receive a VISA stamped on passport which is single entry and is crossed once they have completed their landing.

Important take away here is that a person needs a VISA to enter Canada (Work permit or COPR is not its substitute).

You do not need a visa to enter Canada probably because you are from a visa exempt country but

a) This exemption will only work ONCE when you land as a PR. After that you would need PR card or alternately travel document for entry to Canada.
b) If you do not do your landing and assuming you are visa exempt, you can enter Canada with or without bridging open work permit. If you haven't been approved your BOWP, you can still show proof that you have applied for BOWP already and are expecting to receive that soon. This could be in response to the question from CBSA when they inquire about purpose of your trip even if you are visa exempt.
But again it is not the BOWP that allows you to enter Canada. It just allows you to work here. So if you were NOT VISA exempt, you would have needed a TRV / Visa to enter Canada.

Lastly, a short vacation might be okay, but generally speaking - staying out of Canada for longer duration while your application was submitted in land results in many complications. Keep that in mind and preferably you should only leave Canada when decision is already made on your application.

Chlo224

Jun 8, 2016
First, thank you all for your responses! ;)

Second, I checked CIC website this morning and it is clearly stated that if you do landing at a Canadian airport you need COPR + proof of legal status in Canada OR implied status but since I will have COPR before leaving I won't be under implied status. Also, if I do landing when coming back from France, it means I would have to leave before the end of my current work permit - so August 31 - and that in between that time and the date I return, I won't have legal status here so can't be legally working so will lose my job and will probably lose my rights to OHIP as well.

I know travelling is not ideal but 1) I'm still hoping to get PR before the end of August and seeing on this forum that people who applied in January/February are already receiving theirs help entertaining this idea and 2) I am only going there because I really have to otherwise I wouldn't bother going through this hassle.

Here is the CIC link to the page explaining what I mentioned above about landing:
3w.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Chlo224 said:
First, thank you all for your responses! ;)

Second, I checked CIC website this morning and it is clearly stated that if you do landing at a Canadian airport you need COPR + proof of legal status in Canada OR implied status but since I will have COPR before leaving I won't be under implied status. Also, if I do landing when coming back from France, it means I would have to leave before the end of my current work permit - so August 31 - and that in between that time and the date I return, I won't have legal status here so can't be legally working so will lose my job and will probably lose my rights to OHIP as well.

I know travelling is not ideal but 1) I'm still hoping to get PR before the end of August and seeing on this forum that people who applied in January/February are already receiving theirs help entertaining this idea and 2) I am only going there because I really have to otherwise I wouldn't bother going through this hassle.

Here is the CIC link to the page explaining what I mentioned above about landing:
3w.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22
You can choose to do what you like. But you are unnecessarily worried and freaking out.

This link is about those who are already present in Canada. They need proof of their current status (either a work permit or a proof of application that you are on implied status.

If you leave for France and come back for landing, the above doesn't apply since you are not currently in Canada. Those who come from outside of Canada to do their landing, carry an immigrant single entry visa to enter Canada and complete there PR. Since you are probably French and do not require a visa to enter Canada this requirement doesn't apply and you can land with your COPR only.

Having a COPR doesn't change your status. People who intend to come and go several times in a short while at times delay there landing and continue to say go to US and come back on their work permit / TRV.

It is not until when you tell CIC that "I am here to land as a PR, here is my COPR" that they process your landing.

Even in that case, when some one from inside Canada comes to do their landing and say are not carrying some important document, CBSA simply does not complete their landing and tell them to go back to Canada and bring the doc.

What status do you think they enter with? It is based upon the same work / study permit + possibly TRV that they previously hold. Of course this doesn't apply to some one coming to Canada for the first time to complete their landing.

I don't know why you are worried about losing your job. If you had a work permit before and you applied for extension and are under implied status, that continues whether you are in the country or not. The only question would arise when you arrive at the border at which point you expect to be carrying either your COPR or if your extension work permit is approved.

OHIP is not cancelled if your work permit is valid as long as you are not away for more than 21 days from the province. Even that is possible if you inform them in advance of the trip. If your work permit is expiring and hence OHIP has the same date, you simply need to get health care renewed with new work permit when approved or when you become PR. This has nothing to do with you being out of country.

More than enough said.