+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC-Inland / Requirement for "Landing" upon receipt of COPR

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi Members,

I am a CEC-Inland including 2 x dependents (spouse + child with dual citizenship).

We recently received our PPR request and I assuming we will receive the COPR around the 21 April.

I may have to travel for business reason internationally the week from 24 - 28 April.

What is the required procedure as for landing?

- do I need to declare my intention for "landing" upon return to Canada at first entry upon possession of the COPR?
or
- can I return Canada basis my current work permit and arrange an "inland" landing afterwards?

Reason is I believe it will be either required or beneficial to do the landing when my spouse is with me.

thanks

ladydook

May 17, 2016
Hi,

I have the same question as Casio. I would like to find out can I choose to return to Canada with my current work permit and do the landing with the COPR another time at a later date? Or do I have to do the landing with the COPR upon return to Canada? Hope someone can kindly advice on this, thanks!

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
ladydook said:
Hi,

I have the same question as Casio. I would like to find out can I choose to return to Canada with my current work permit and do the landing with the COPR another time at a later date? Or do I have to do the landing with the COPR upon return to Canada? Hope someone can kindly advice on this, thanks!
You can land with your work permit first and later activate your PR. Just make sure to land with your COPR before the expiry date on it.

Reactions: cecict