+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC in Quebec, anyone had this experience?

FedD

Nov 20, 2016
Hello, currently I'm living and working in Quebec City. I applied for PR through CEC program, because I had bad times with learning French.
Received AOR on May 24th, waiting for my PR.

Some people told me that I won't need to leave Quebec after receiving my PR, others told me that the government might ask me to leave Quebec right away. I called IRCC Client Support Centre, even there they are not sure what government might ask me. Officially if you want to work in Quebec you have to apply through the local program...

I wonder if anybody here knows anything about it? Maybe you or your friends had the same story...

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, currently I'm living and working in Quebec City. I applied for PR through CEC program, because I had bad times with learning French.
Received AOR on May 24th, waiting for my PR.

Some people told me that I won't need to leave Quebec after receiving my PR, others told me that the government might ask me to leave Quebec right away. I called IRCC Client Support Centre, even there they are not sure what government might ask me. Officially if you want to work in Quebec you have to apply through the local program...

I wonder if anybody here knows anything about it? Maybe you or your friends had the same story...
1 - I'm sure you read the requirements which state that you "must plan to live outside the province of Quebec"
2 - During the processing of your application you'll receive a letter of intent in which you must explain your intention to move outside the province of Quebec.
3 - However, if you choose any city of Quebec as your destination where you plan to settle then rejection is coming your way.
4 - Finally, once you're a PR you can live wherever you want.

FedD

Nov 20, 2016
1 - I'm sure you read the requirements which state that you "must plan to live outside the province of Quebec"
2 - During the processing of your application you'll receive a letter of intent in which you must explain your intention to move outside the province of Quebec.
3 - However, if you choose any city of Quebec as your destination where you plan to settle then rejection is coming your way.
4 - Finally, once you're a PR you can live wherever you want.
thank you for reply,
"letter of intent"- what kind of things I should mention there?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you for reply,
"letter of intent"- what kind of things I should mention there?

Thanks
Anything that argues your intention to reside in another province or anything that shows that you have a connection to another province.

Reactions: FedD

FedD

Nov 20, 2016
Ok, thanks.

Do you know the procedure of getting PR in my situation? In case if everything is ok, I have to land in a province that I mentioned as intended to live in order to obtain my PR?

omargv

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hi,
Ok, thanks.

Do you know the procedure of getting PR in my situation? In case if everything is ok, I have to land in a province that I mentioned as intended to live in order to obtain my PR?
Hi,
Do you have any news about your situation?, I am in the same situation, I´m CEC working in Montreal, but I´d like to live when I get my PR...
Thanks!

omargv

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hi,
Ok, thanks.

Hi,
Do you have any news about your situation?, I am in the same situation, I´m CEC working in Montreal, but I´d like to live when I get my PR...
Thanks!

Edveigae

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
CSQ
Hi, I have the same situation. Applied for CEC and still working in Montreal. I attached a letter of explanation that I intend to move to Ontario in one or two months. Can I keep working in Montreal until I get my PR and move right after, or move before!?

FedD

Nov 20, 2016
Hello guys. My first application has been rejected due to miscalculated work experience. Now i am in second process. Should have results this june. But this time i do not work in Quebec anymore. But i live here. So will see