+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - February 2019

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Same here! my AOR is Feb 01, 2019. I called earlier after so many attempts. They said my application is in Calgary and they are still processing the security. hoping to get it soon!

Congratulations for all who got their PPR already!

Hope we get ours soon!
How long they have been processing your security?

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Same here! my AOR is Feb 01, 2019. I called earlier after so many attempts. They said my application is in Calgary and they are still processing the security. hoping to get it soon!

Congratulations for all who got their PPR already!

Hope we get ours soon!
So your eligibility & criminality is passed?

Mine is in Calgary too with no movement.

Only 28 days left.

Hope we get our PPR soon. :)

All the best!

Dsklite12

Jul 27, 2018
This is simply not right. I am originally from China, which is not a visa-exempt country, but I still get the direct landing interview at CIC etobicoke. Only a small amount of people are invited to landing directly inland but nothing to do with visa-exempt country.
If only a few visa-required applicants receive direct landing emails (on top of visa-exempt applicants), then it still doesn't explain the delay that so many visa-required people are experiencing. My speculation is that IRCC isn't in any rush to change the status of inland CEC applicants (which, if I recall correctly, make up the majority of CEC), given their workload.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for an update on my application, no PPR or landing emails yet. Hopefully soon, especially since people with a later AOR date than me are getting approvals. I'm a single applicant with a simple work, education and travel history. I'd be less frustrated if the process was more transparent, but what can I do (though I may send a sternly worded letter/inquiry about their priorities and transparency issues one of these days).

Last edited:

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
If only a few visa-required applicants receive direct landing emails (on top of visa-exempt applicants), then it still doesn't explain the delay that so many visa-required people are experiencing. My speculation is that IRCC isn't in any rush to change the status of inland CEC applicants.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for an update on my application, no PPR or landing emails yet. Hopefully soon, especially since people with a later AOR date than me are getting approvals. I'd be less frustrated if the process was more transparent, but what can I do (though I may send a sternly worded letter/inquiry about their priorities and transparency issues one of these days).
Same feeling... So all visa non required applicants receive landing interviews?

MK:)

Jul 4, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
winnipeg
Hello Everyone,

I am CEC Inland with below details:
AOR : 7th January 2019
Medical Passed:18th Feb 2019

No info after that. I just called CIC and agent mentioned that Eligibility is passed , Criminality & Security yet to start.
VO is Winnipeg.

6 months time frame ends on 7th July 2019.6 months time frame ends on 7th July 2019.

Is their anyone with similar situation? And how long would it take them to finish the rest as I haven't travelled post coming to Canada.
Thanks.

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Hello Everyone,

I am CEC Inland with below details:
AOR : 7th January 2019
Medical Passed:18th Feb 2019

No info after that. I just called CIC and agent mentioned that Eligibility is passed , Criminality & Security yet to start.
VO is Winnipeg.

6 months time frame ends on 7th July 2019.6 months time frame ends on 7th July 2019.

Is their anyone with similar situation? And how long would it take them to finish the rest as I haven't travelled post coming to Canada.
Thanks.
Follow up here, you will know more :)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/processing-at-winnipeg-ircc.609195/page-11#post-7980999

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
How long they have been processing your security?
Since the last update on my medicals which was March 17. And thats the last update.

So your eligibility & criminality is passed?

Mine is in Calgary too with no movement.

Only 28 days left.

Hope we get our PPR soon. :)

All the best!
Same no movement since March 17. Hopefully!! :)

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi guys,

I just called CIC for an update and they told me my file has now moved from Calgary office to Montreal office this week.

Can anyone from the senior members or experts help me understand why the file is moved to a different office but no update or progress.

I would appreciate your reply on this!

Criminality : In progress
Eligibility : Not started
Security : Not started

Category : CEC Inland
AOR : 1st Feb, 2019 (Single applicant)
Got Married : 9th March, 2019
My Medical Passed : 17th March, 2019
IP2 : 18th March, 2019
Notified CIC about Marital Status : 25th March, 2019
ADR from CIC : 28th March, 2019
Submitted Additional Documents : 24th May, 2019
Wifes Medical Passed : 4th June, 2019
Days remaining : 27

Awaiting PPR! :)

Hope everyone gets PPR soon!

Cheers!

SyedAli786

Jan 18, 2019
Update ...

Finally done with the Landing interview 24th June. at Etbicoke.

Interview was scheduled at 11:00 AM but reached at 9:30 AM, given a token and asked to check the display the token number. finally at 10:30 AM my token got displayed. hardly it was 10 mins at counter only checked Passport and asked same questions ( Crime , denied entry etc & and any dependents there ) confirmed the landed date etc,,

All the Best to everyone...
[Update. - PR Cards ]
I have linked my PR card application on 25th June 2019.
27th June 2019. got ghost update.
2nd July PR Card application got approved.
4th July PR card got delivered.( me , Wife & younger son)
Called CIC to know the Status of PR card for elder son, came to know they posted on 4th July. it will take 2 days to arrive.
8th July. i got Elder son PR card.

End of my PR card Journey

All the Best to everyone :)

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
[Update. - PR Cards ]
I have linked my PR card application on 25th June 2019.
27th June 2019. got ghost update.
2nd July PR Card application got approved.
4th July PR card got delivered.( me , Wife & younger son)
Called CIC to know the Status of PR card for elder son, came to know they posted on 4th July. it will take 2 days to arrive.
8th July. i got Elder son PR card.

End of my PR card Journey

All the Best to everyone :)
Great journey, Congrats. what do you mean by linking PR card application, please little explanation here? thx

wwtoronto

Jul 5, 2019
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
Date received: January 9, 2019
Estimated completion date: July 9, 2019

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results

wwtoronto

Jul 5, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Highlights of my application till now,

AOR - 6th Feb,
CEC category,
Medicals passed - 21st March,
BIL - 21st March, Requested for Spouse as spouse is in different country
Updated Biometrics info in account - 29th March

Ordered GCMS notes, received it on 25th May,
Status,
VO: Edmonton
Eligibility - Recommend Pass
Criminality - Passed
Medicals - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete
Security - Not started

45 Days Remaining as shown in CIC profile...

Keep Patience.... :) Fingers crossed...

Regards
Edmonton is terribly slow. My AOR is Jan 9th, and had no further update since Med Passed on Feb 20....Already 6 months. Be prepared to expect longer.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
Date received: January 9, 2019
Estimated completion date: July 9, 2019

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results