+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - February 2019

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
I came across with a strange thing with my application.

My medicals and biometrics completed on Feb 28th. Today i logged into my application i saw the status like “ Application has been updated” , I opened the application with bit excitement then no updates found and no email alerts to my mail box.

Then I logged off and logged in back, now the staus is showing as Submitted only.

Anyone experiences this situation? i am wondering what this means?
this is very normal, as it is called here in the forum (Ghost update) it might means the officer is moving your application from criminality check to security check or both checks have been done already and you are about to get your PPR ;) if my guess happens to you, you own me a gift from wherever you coming from :)

All the best..

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
this is very normal, as it is called here in the forum (Ghost update) it might means the officer is moving your application from criminality check to security check or both checks have been done already and you are about to get your PPR ;) if my guess happens to you, you own me a gift from wherever you coming from :)

All the best..
If it is a final check ghost update, how long it may take to get the PPR email?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
If it is a final check ghost update, how long it may take to get the PPR email?
When got one, I called CIC to ask about it. The Agent told me my file is Approved. It took 4 weeks from that ghost update to PPR email.

Reactions: ShreeS

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
When got one, I called CIC to ask about it. The Agent told me my file is Approved. It took 4 weeks from that ghost update to PPR email.
Thanks Myra... this is what the info I am looking for, I will call to CIC tomorrow and will ask.
By the way what would be the CIC number I should call? Is this outside canada number or current residing country embasy office number? Im in USA curently.

Last edited:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018

Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
ITA: 23rd Jan, AOR: 22nd Feb.
Medical Passed - 4th April.

My spouse (currently in India) will need to give her biometric in VFS (India/Kolkata). Received Biometric Instruction Letter (IMM5756) in the application.
Question: I don't see any link to update any document. Will VFS send the biometric info to IRCC directly?

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
Hi!! My medical going to expire on 24th April, what should I do?
AOR-15/Mar/2019
waiting for MEP

JoyForPR

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
I got an “Update” for my application today (no email yet). Medical changed to “ we are reviewing your medical results”; AND Background changed to “we are processing”. Timeline Bar activated and showed 4 months pending.
Do people get this message “we are reviewing your medical results” before the actual Medical Pass??

(AoR 14th Feb; CEC Inland)

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
I got an “Update” for my application today (no email yet). Medical changed to “ we are reviewing your medical results”; AND Background changed to “we are processing”. Timeline Bar activated and showed 4 months pending.
Do people get this message “we are reviewing your medical results” before the actual Medical Pass??

(AoR 14th Feb; CEC Inland)
Did you disclose any medical conditions to the doctor when you had your exams done?