+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Experience Requirement

siddhu723

Nov 25, 2013
I started work on Dec 17 -2012. I am currently on PGWP which expires on Dec 4th.! Can I apply for CEC and make a case that I got 11+ months experience (only short by 12 ish days) and I have way more hours.?
Even if not, can I still apply and get denied.? Will getting denied on a CEC application affect future applications.?

Coz, at the least, I at least wanna stay here till end of this year (on implied status) and not leave on the 4th.. To settle a bunch of stuff.!
I am waiting to hear back on a few job applications (with LMO).. And other things..

Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.!

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
1)apply for work permit extension with your current employer even without having an approved LMO yet,this will buy you time to complete one year of work experience as you will be on implied status even though your work permit extension without an lmo will be denied for sure.
2)if you apply for CEC with 12 days short you will definitely get rejected even if you have more then enough hours.
3)getting rejected under cec or any other immigration class will not have any impact on future applications.
4)you can change your status to a visitor if you need to remain in the country for more time to settle your affairs.

good luck :)

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
As far as I know, work experience gained under the implied status will not be counted towards the 1-year work experience required for CEC.

canadavisa13 said:
1)apply for work permit extension with your current employer even without having an approved LMO yet,this will buy you time to complete one year of work experience as you will be on implied status even though your work permit extension without an lmo will be denied for sure.
2)if you apply for CEC with 12 days short you will definitely get rejected even if you have more then enough hours.
3)getting rejected under cec or any other immigration class will not have any impact on future applications.
4)you can change your status to a visitor if you need to remain in the country for more time to settle your affairs.

good luck :)

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
YYZguy416,please do not say something you are not sure about and refer to CIC operational manuals and guidelines to find out.
implied status is totally LEGAL and he is allowed to stay in Canada and work under the same conditions meaning he can work for the same employer,doing the same job until he/she hears back from cic about the work permit extension.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
YYZguy416,

i would also like to inform that ONLY the work experience gained without proper authorization such as(undocumented work-work gained while studying full time) is not counted towards CEC experience requirement.

gudluckcanada

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-01-2018
canadavisa17 I think this was a great suggestion. This would be very helpful for him

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
people have done it before just to buy themselves time to meet the work experience requirement.otherwise he will fall 12 days short and its really a big deal.

siddhu723

Nov 25, 2013
Hey guys.! Thanks for the quick response.. Very much appreciated.. I looked up and found this..
Check IMM5610E.pdf in CIC site.! Not allowed to post links.. :(
Big bold block at the end of point 10 seem to support this.! :)

One more question on that regard is, my employers ar willing to offer me employment till march.! But they can't apply for my work permit because I'm contracted (not permanent) employee.. So, to apply for the work permit n without LMO like yu suggested, should I get my employers to do something at all.? What all documents would I require to file the extension (that is gonna fail. :p).?
Thanks..

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
you should get employer to apply for LMO for you and once he received a file number from service canada you can apply one week before your work permits expire and include the lmo application file number.
its called CONCURRENT process,they will hold your work permit application for some time until your employer gets a reply from service canada regarding the lmo.this will show that lmo application is pending why work permit application is submitted and legal status is maintained(implied status).
just make sure to apply for work permit extension by paper not online that way you can buy more time to fullfill the CEC work experince requirements.
look at:www.cic.gc.ca and you will be able to find out how to apply for work permit extension.

nivra18

Aug 2, 2012
good day everyone, i am a new member to this forum. I have a 1 year experience as skilled worker, can i apply CEC program even if just 2 years leaving in canada?