+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - December 2018 AOR

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Yes criminality is passed.. not sure if they started security.. the agent said that some checks are being done..
Ah ok, because when i called, the agent told me that the criminality was done and they were working on the second part, the security.
The way the agent spoke, let me to understand that they were active working on my security. But i can be wrong.
And yeah, that takes forever.....i will probably wait the 02 weeks and call anyways, lol

fkundrat

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hey guys, I am AOR Dec 7th, the following is my current profile status. Are you the same or different?

• Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
This waiting is killing me.. Thanks! :)

westcoastaccountant

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241, 1311
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
24-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-05-2019
Hey guys, I am AOR Dec 7th, the following is my current profile status. Are you the same or different?

• Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Same. Except it says for me my additional documents are being reviewed.

Reactions: fkundrat

Maangill

Sep 25, 2018
Hello Everyone

I called the cic today and the lady I spoke was very polite.

She told me that criminality is passed and the officer started working on your eligibility.

Everything looks to be in order.

johnpye

Feb 12, 2018

Pretty Similar apart from the AOR Date

Maangill

Sep 25, 2018
Hello Everyone

I called the cic today and the lady I spoke was very polite.

She told me that criminality is passed and the officer started working on your eligibility.

Everything looks to be in order.
But, what I assume is that eligibility is checked before they clear your criminality check. Please advise.

Canada_Diaries

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
IELTS Request
30-01-2019

What was ADR for?

westcoastaccountant

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241, 1311
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
24-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-05-2019
My ADR was just filling out and signing the form to designate an individual to access my personal info. They requested it on Feb 1st and I submitted the same day. Then status got changed to additional documents are being reviewed. They never updated it since. Although I know it was accepted because I've spoken to CIC agents who've told me so.

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018

Also the same except the additional document. (i did not have any request for additional documents)

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
But, what I assume is that eligibility is checked before they clear your criminality check. Please advise.
You eligibility is check twice.
The first officer check all your documents, request extra documents if he feels something is missing or if he needs any clarification, and in the end, he gives his recommendation. "recommended pass or not".

Than you application goes to another officer, what they call the "main officer", the one that will be making the final decision. There, they check criminality and security, on top of that they check again your eligibility to make sure they agree with the first officer recommendation, they read all the notes on your process(eligibility part). They don`t accept the recommendation blindly, although they usually go with the first officer recommendation.
That is why the "recommended pass or not" is the most important decision for the eligibility part of your process.

Does that makes sense? ;)

Reactions: Sparta02

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
My ADR was just filling out and signing the form to designate an individual to access my personal info. They requested it on Feb 1st and I submitted the same day. Then status got changed to additional documents are being reviewed. They never updated it since. Although I know it was accepted because I've spoken to CIC agents who've told me so.

Yeah, the updates on our account are pretty minimum....
Which drives me crazy!!!

Maangill

Sep 25, 2018
You eligibility is check twice.
The first officer check all your documents, request extra documents if he feels something is missing or if he needs any clarification, and in the end, he gives his recommendation. "recommended pass or not".

Than you application goes to another officer, what they call the "main officer", the one that will be making the final decision. There, they check criminality and security, on top of that they check again your eligibility to make sure they agree with the first officer recommendation, they read all the notes on your process(eligibility part). They don`t accept the recommendation blindly, although they usually go with the first officer recommendation.
That is why the "recommended pass or not" is the most important decision for the eligibility part of your process.

Does that makes sense? ;)
So, it mean my eligibility is checked already by first officer. Then, my criminality is all clear. Looks like final decision is yet to make.

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
So, it mean my eligibility is checked already by first officer. Then, my criminality is all clear. Looks like final decision is yet to make.
When you called CIC, did you ask about security?
Did they started? Did you pass? Is it done? Because if you pass everything, they are probably review your file to make the final decision, this could be a sign of good news! Fingers cross!