+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

revy231

Nov 10, 2018
I made mine require a signature, sent it from Toronto and it was literally delivered the next day. It was signed for by someone with a smiley face lol
Thanks for the info. I am considering resending it, just to be on the safe side!
This is the address I was provided with (I imagine it is the same):

CPC – Ottawa – PR

PO Box 8781

Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9

It arrived next working day and I have a tracking number, but it doesn't seem like it was signed for. Still says "ready for pickup" so I imagined it reached the PO box and now waiting for them to pick up the mail. But it doesn't seem like other people have had this problem :/...

revy231

Nov 10, 2018
I hope so that this means it has been reached. Unfortunately I lost my tracking number and hence cannot check my status .

But today I checked my online application (it seems after so long ) and there was a change wherein the final decision was concluded as approved. It also says check your messages but I don’t see any.

Can I assume they have received my passports already? Any one noticed that package has been received and then only they change the status online?
I wouldn't worry about the tracking number if your status has changed to approved! Congrats

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
The one thing that confuses me is - My work permit expires this Saturday (Feb 2nd) + my SIN, same for my wife.

PR is still at IP2 and I am waiting for BOWP/SOWP for and my wife to get approved so I guess after Saturday we're onto implied status until either PR or BOWP/SOWP is approved. But then that makes me thing what the point was for paying to apply for the BOWP/SOWP if implied status kicks in anyway? :S

Hi I just wanted to ask if you've applied for SOWP for your spouse? How long has it been since you applied for SOWP?

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
My online application has been updated further and now I can see
status = Approved
document number (which I believe is the CoPR/one time VISA ref) has been provided for all my family members
Start and Expiry date for the doc - which is 6 months from now.

So with this I am assuming that they have received and stamped already. Lets c when are they posting it. All looks good from my side.

Reactions: yaadman

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
My online application has been updated further and now I can see
status = Approved
document number (which I believe is the CoPR/one time VISA ref) has been provided for all my family members
Start and Expiry date for the doc - which is 6 months from now.

So with this I am assuming that they have received and stamped already. Lets c when are they posting it. All looks good from my side.
Now you have to change your username to GotThePRStatus :D

Joel19891

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hi I just wanted to ask if you've applied for SOWP for your spouse? How long has it been since you applied for SOWP?
I submitted a joint application for my wife and I which after submitting split into two seperate work permit applications in my CIC Dashboard.

We applied on Nov 27th and our IEC 2 year work permits that we were already on expired last Friday and it just so happened that CIC approved our BOWP/SOWP last Friday also. Just waiting for the permits in the mail.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I submitted a joint application for my wife and I which after submitting split into two seperate work permit applications in my CIC Dashboard.

We applied on Nov 27th and our IEC 2 year work permits that we were already on expired last Friday and it just so happened that CIC approved our BOWP/SOWP last Friday also. Just waiting for the permits in the mail.
Cool at least you know its approved,in our case my wife need SOWP to come to Canada, so does she need to apply from a new GC key account or do I need to apply it from my GC Key account which I used to apply my PR ? or Doesn't matter which ever.

Joel19891

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I'm not sure if it matters. In my case, as I am the primary PR applicant I also did the application for both my wife and myself in my CIC account

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I'm not sure if it matters. In my case, as I am the primary PR applicant I also did the application for both my wife and myself in my CIC account
ok I think i'll follow the same route, also how did you handle "Dual intent" coz applying SOWP after applying for PR would give rise to Dual intent right ?

Joel19891

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I hadn't even heard that term until you mentioned it.

All I know is that as I was on a 2 year work permit, in order for me to be legally allowed to continue working and remain in Canada while my PR application is pending, I needed to apply for the bridging work permit to bridge that gap so now that I am on my bridging permit (valid for 12 months), that will become void when I activate my PR (when it eventually gets approved)

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I hadn't even heard that term until you mentioned it.

All I know is that as I was on a 2 year work permit, in order for me to be legally allowed to continue working and remain in Canada while my PR application is pending, I needed to apply for the bridging work permit to bridge that gap so now that I am on my bridging permit (valid for 12 months), that will become void when I activate my PR (when it eventually gets approved)
Right, this is the Bridging work permit. But you did also mention about SOWP (Spousal open work permit)- for which this issue of "Dual intent" would be.

Joel19891

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
The SOWP was for my wife.

We were both on our own individual 2 year open work permits that expired Feb 2nd. Now that we have a PR application waiting (me as primary and my wife as secondary/dependant) it allowed us to apply for the bridging permit.

In order to remain in Canada and continue working, I applied for the open work permit for both my wife and I and explained in our application that my application was for the BOWP (for myself) and the SOWP (for my wife) which is the correct route to take.

So now that both of our bridging (BOWP and SOWP) permits are approved, we're fine to continue working until a PR decision is reached.

From my very limited knowledge of Dual Intent, dual intent is perfectly legitimate so isn't an issue as far as I am aware.

Reactions: Ivric

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
The SOWP was for my wife.

We were both on our own individual 2 year open work permits that expired Feb 2nd. Now that we have a PR application waiting (me as primary and my wife as secondary/dependant) it allowed us to apply for the bridging permit.

In order to remain in Canada and continue working, I applied for the open work permit for both my wife and I and explained in our application that my application was for the BOWP (for myself) and the SOWP (for my wife) which is the correct route to take.

So now that both of our bridging (BOWP and SOWP) permits are approved, we're fine to continue working until a PR decision is reached.

From my very limited knowledge of Dual Intent, dual intent is perfectly legitimate so isn't an issue as far as I am aware.
ok awesome thanks for taking time to explain. :)