+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

abyahsan

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Just got the Golden Email! Ready for Visa. Gotta send docs to Ottawa. My question is, when they send back the passport and CoPR, do I still have to flagpole to sign and validate the CoPR? Or can I land at the local IRCC office too?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Yeah thats what i have heard, and do they mark your passport? because in future do we need to tell in applications that you were denied entry into the country...
I don't have a written confirmation but saw a lot of people saying the same thing, you don't need it. They will deny you entry to the US and you can just walk/drive back to Canada.
Now I'm not too sure it's a good idea though, since a "denied entry to the US" could be a pain in the *** for future travel plans...
Hi,

I just did this a couple of weeks ago. Well, "deny" is not the correct word, because you'll tell your purpose as "flagpole" for CoPR. They will NOT stamp your passport saying "denied" or "rejected" at all. Don't worry about that :). It will say it on a white paper that "withdrawn" and reason would be "Flagpole".

You can read my entire experience on :: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-experience-17th-jan-2019-flagpoling-lewiston-bridge-took-just-20-mins-to-become-a-pr.606911/

Thanks!

Reactions: yaadman

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Just got the Golden Email! Ready for Visa. Gotta send docs to Ottawa. My question is, when they send back the passport and CoPR, do I still have to flagpole to sign and validate the CoPR? Or can I land at the local IRCC office too?
Congratulations!
You can do any of the two options. 100% your choice. :)

mshubha

Oct 25, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who got the golden email today. I received mine today too :) I just have a question. My husband lives in US and I live in Canada. The email says we need to send passports in a single package. Anyone here with similar case as mine? How did you handle it?

Rsk202020

Oct 24, 2018
Hi
Finally got pr email. I have question in email they didn't mention anything about flagpoling .they just mentioned send your documents .Can anyone tell me what we have to do now?

AOR 21 August
Mep 13 Sept
Ip2 29 Jan
Ppr 31 Jan

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
I know you need a US visa to enter US. I am talking about just for landing purposes, because you do not enter US. I came across a post that said you do not need a US visa. Just wanting to confirm

No you don't need US visa for flag polling. I did the same for a work permit. They will ask you the reason and you can explain to them that you need to do this for landing. So, they will tell you to return. Actually, they didn't mark anything on my passport. But you can check.

vijay7006313

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
IELTS Request
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Got Ppr this morning.
AOR- August 7
IP2 - Jan 15

Congratulations to everyone who got their today as well.

Reactions: Yesha Dave

qtxz438

Jan 31, 2019
Hi guys, I m new here, I m just wondering is the email titled "Ready for Visa" the so called "Golden Email" ?

Does it mean the application for PR has been officially approved ?

Thanks for anyone who answers my question. :)

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi guys, I m new here, I m just wondering is the email titled "Ready for Visa" the so called "Golden Email" ?

Does it mean the application for PR has been officially approved ?

Thanks for anyone who answers my question. :)

Yes, ready for visa is a Golden email.
No, this is not official PR but very last step. You have to send passport and they will stamp and return your passport with COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident).
COPR is the official letter for PR.

qtxz438

Jan 31, 2019
Yes, ready for visa is a Golden email.
No, this is not official PR but very last step. You have to send passport and they will stamp and return your passport with COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident).
COPR is the official letter for PR.
Thanks very much for the information !!

Have a wonderful day !

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
To those who got PPR today -first of all- Congratulations! Wonderful news!!
Quick question though: after you receive the PPR email, is there any change on your CIC account? is there a new message?