+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

revy231

Nov 10, 2018
From what I've been told, people abroad have problems getting through. There is an app called Talkatone that you can try, it will give you a dummy Canadian number. Use option 3-4-1-0 to skip the prompts
Thanks! I've tried on Textnow too (similar app) but it's just ringing and not giving me any menu options at all...which I find strange. It just rings off after a little while. That's why I was wondering what other people hear when they first dial the number.
Thanks for the help though!

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Thanks! I've tried on Textnow too (similar app) but it's just ringing and not giving me any menu options at all...which I find strange. It just rings off after a little while. That's why I was wondering what other people hear when they first dial the number.
Thanks for the help though!
Let us know if Talkatone works so others can use it if they need to :)

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Glad to see a movement in CECs.

I had a ghost update on dec 3rd and no updates since then. Not even ghosts..

yaadman

Jul 17, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
Anyone else got a second Ghost update?

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Hey everyone,

Called CIC today, our application has been approved!!!!!!!! :) I was approved on the 29th of January. If you received a recent second or third ghost update, you have likely been approved as well.

So when are we all having a party? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: yaadman

abyahsan

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hey everyone,

Called CIC today, our application has been approved!!!!!!!! :) I was approved on the 29th of January. If you received a recent second or third ghost update, you have likely been approved as well.

When we get the golden emails! :p

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hey everyone,

Bold of you to say "OUR" hahahah, but congratulations :)

Reactions: ktmerritt

Savi1246

Dec 18, 2018
Hello guys,

Got my golden email this morning.

I think they are going to shower yours soon.

Hope you will get in first week of feb.

Aor-1 august

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hello guys,

Got my golden email this morning.

I think they are going to shower yours soon.

Hope you will get in first week of feb.

Aor-1 august
Congratulations! I think they are going for full 6 months mark! So i am expecting to here on Feb 14! My Valentine for the day will be that email :D

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hey everyone,

Congratulation!!! You are almost there. :)

And just to add for all hopeful applicants, I got just one ghost update and I called CIC and they said I was approved. So, don't get disheartened if you don't get second ghost update! I never got second and I am a PR now :)

Reactions: ktmerritt

Tet83

Jan 10, 2018
Bold of you to say "OUR" hahahah, but congratulations :)
He meant mine and his :p We applied together, I'm the main applicant and he's only my dependent haha (=husband) ! I tried to stay away from there because it was too stressful and ghosts were too scary for me :D
I will only breathe when I see the email, though... fingers crossed and good luck to you all ;)