+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

abyahsan

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi guys, I just got a second ghost update today! Hope it means the golden email is coming soon!

Class: CEC
AOR: August 15, 2018
Med Passed + IP1: Sep 5, 2018
Ghost Update 1: Dec 3, 2018
Ghost Update 2: Jan 30, 2019

Didn't receive any other messages. Haven't called or ordered GCMS notes.

Reactions: HM9292

Hmstr

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
I’ve checked the forum for FSW and August people getting pprs like everyday.
Hopefully cec people should get soon too.

8 days left to 6 months and application moved to ip 2 on Jan 15.
Hard to wait more but ain’t do nothing.

CEC is at snail speed now. Haha

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hi guys, I just got a second ghost update today! Hope it means the golden email is coming soon!

Class: CEC
AOR: August 15, 2018
Med Passed + IP1: Sep 5, 2018
Ghost Update 1: Dec 3, 2018
Ghost Update 2: Jan 30, 2019

Didn't receive any other messages. Haven't called or ordered GCMS notes.
You should call, most of us who got ghost update yesterday had everything cleared and were getting applications finalized or already approved.

vijay7006313

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
IELTS Request
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Update-
So luckily my call to cic got it through to agent today and after taking my information, she told me everything is passed(eligibility, criminality, background, security) and then I’ve asked her could you also confirm that my application is approved and then she said yes it’s approved, everything is positive but I don’t know when the email will be sent to you or anything gets changed before the email but till today it’s a good news and hopefully you will get it soon so keep checking your email.
Great agent and maybe I thanked her like 5 times for telling me valuable information.

So now I just need to wait for golden email.

Timeline:
Aor : August 7
MEP : August 28
IP1 : August 28
IP2: January 15
PPR: Waiting

Reactions: HM9292 and movais

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Update-
So luckily my call to cic got it through to agent today and after taking my information, she told me everything is passed(eligibility, criminality, background, security) and then I’ve asked her could you also confirm that my application is approved and then she said yes it’s approved, everything is positive but I don’t know when the email will be sent to you or anything gets changed before the email but till today it’s a good news and hopefully you will get it soon so keep checking your email.
Great agent and maybe I thanked her like 5 times for telling me valuable information.

Timeline:
Congratulations, almost there :)

HM9292

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Update-

Timeline:
Great news! Congratulations.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Looks like all of our thing started rolling at the same time, won't be shocked if we also get the PPR email around same dates! :)

revy231

Nov 10, 2018
i called the same generic number 1888 242 2100 and waited for around 1 hour on the queue. not necessary you will be put into the q on the first call. But my experience (might be co-incidence), if you do back to back calls (3-4 times if you are too desperate as i was), you probably end up to be put in the Q.
Also, as i noticed, unless there is a substantial progress, no one for sure will update anything if you are not at 6 month mark.
Another lessons learned. Though everything is in progress, it might take one sitting for them to change the status from inprogres against each item to approved. that's what happened in my case. Its still in progress but just I have a verbal confirmation.

My wait is still ON for the so called Golden letter.
I tried to call CIC on that number but I couldn't get through. For me, it just rang as usual but there was no hold music or automated msg from CIC. I am abroad at the moment (international calling should be working fine for me) but I am wondering if you had the same experience? Or whether I am not getting through to the right place...

15 days left on my progress bar, but stuck on ip2 and "reviewing additional documents" (it changed to that after I submitted my RoPR fee on Nov 8th). Hoping something happens soon and it doesn't take longer than the 6 months :S

revy231

Nov 10, 2018
I tried to call CIC on that number but I couldn't get through. For me, it just rang as usual but there was no hold music or automated msg from CIC. I am abroad at the moment (international calling should be working fine for me) but I am wondering if you had the same experience? Or whether I am not getting through to the right place...

15 days left on my progress bar, but stuck on ip2 and "reviewing additional documents" (it changed to that after I submitted my RoPR fee on Nov 8th). Hoping something happens soon and it doesn't take longer than the 6 months :S
Just as I wrote that I also received my second ghost email. Hopefully that means good news.

vijay7006313

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
IELTS Request
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
Soon

I’ve called yesterday 5 times but call didn’t go through however called at 9 am today (British Columbia time) and it went through first time and just waited for about 30 minutes.
So keep trying.

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018

From what I've been told, people abroad have problems getting through. There is an app called Talkatone that you can try, it will give you a dummy Canadian number. Use option 3-4-1-0 to skip the prompts

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
I just called the CIC, about my ghost update on yesterday. They confirmed yesterday my security passed. And I asked them to provide the details about my eligibility and criminality, she said all passed. But she didn't confirm it is finalized or approved.
If everything has passed, you've been approved :)