+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

coolcancanada

Dec 27, 2015
Hi All,

Do any one know can we use to Case Specific Enquiry form from CIC to know the status of our application rather than GCMS which takes 30+ days ?

If your application processing time is crossed we can apply is what it was written on and even while calling CIC call centre the automated voice too indicates the same.

I wanted to know your opinion it before I apply.

secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Thanks in advance

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - Decision Made: 02/09/2016
coolcancanada said:
Hi All,

Do any one know can we use to Case Specific Enquiry form from CIC to know the status of our application rather than GCMS which takes 30+ days ?

If your application processing time is crossed we can apply is what it was written on and even while calling CIC call centre the automated voice too indicates the same.

Thanks in advance
We applied for GCSMS and Case Specific Enquiry on the same day and have not received either yet....not sure one is faster then the other to be honest...

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolcancanada said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance

we are all on the same you boat, and all our applications are beyond the processing times, so no need to worry.

you can apply but i think its irrelevant because we know cic is catching up on backlog. if all cases are done except yours then yes its worth but with the current circumstances its normal as we are all delayed

coolcancanada

Dec 27, 2015
teb said:
we are all on the same you boat, and all our applications are beyond the processing times, so no need to worry.

you can apply but i think its irrelevant because we know cic is catching in backlog. if all cases are done except yours then yes its worth but with the current circumstances its normal as we are all delayed
In one of my calls to CIC call centre the agent has advised me not to raise GCMS as it would hold a lock on the file and GCMS notes collection process goes on and even the case officer wants to access the file also, he cannot due to the lock of GCMS process. I still do not have any confirmation on those words on any websites nor authenticity. Hence I am considering the case specific enquiry form.

I need your assistance in raising one , I am in canada so, what is the option which I need to select in TYPE OF APPLICATION dropdown as I do not see suitable option for CEC inside Canada.

Please assist.

lau2014

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
teb said:
Call CIC at 1-888-242-2100, and ask them to resend the request by email, Make sure they have your right email address
I've just called CIC from outside Canada. The agent told me that is a paper correspondence and he didn't tell me the content. "It's something that will complete the application"...what does it mean? he also said that we'll receive it between 2 and 6 weeks by regular mail. really????? :eek: Did it happen to someone else???

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
They didn't got time in last 18 months to give us MR.
In that time frame 3 express entry candidates got PR, however
Now when they have started processing it seems like they are processing 5 application per day, except Monday and Tuesday,

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
coolcancanada said:
In one of my calls to CIC call centre the agent has advised me not to raise GCMS as it would hold a lock on the file and GCMS notes collection process goes on and even the case officer wants to access the file also, he cannot due to the lock of GCMS process. I still do not have any confirmation on those words on any websites nor authenticity. Hence I am considering the case specific enquiry form.

I need your assistance in raising one , I am in canada so, what is the option which I need to select in TYPE OF APPLICATION dropdown as I do not see suitable option for CEC inside Canada.

Please assist.
This is something new I came to know in last 2 years.

Can some seniors put light on it..

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolcancanada said:

Please assist.
i had applied for my notes and while that was in process i got requested police cerificate and then medical request and then i got my notes.. so dont think thts very accurate

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ushiee88 said:
i had applied for my notes and while that was in process i got requested police cerificate and then medical request and then i got my notes.. so dont think thts very accurate
exactly,,,

plus i don't trust these agents anymore ::) ::) ::) ::) LOL although i call them just to bug 'em,, hehehe kidding ;D

Deep2693

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
BRAMPTON
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2014
Med's Request
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
10-02-2016
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
4-3-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Pearl1 said:
exactly,,,

plus i don't trust these agents anymore ::) ::) ::) ::) LOL although i call them just to bug 'em,, hehehe kidding ;D
Can you please advise after how many days you get mr request after submitting police reports

eusquesio

Sep 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolcancanada said:

Please assist.
I requested the notes last week and today I called CIC. The agent had no problem checking my case and didn't say anything about that. Notes take a month to be released but In my very personal opinion I don't think that they are gonna work on it every single day of the 30 days the process takes. It probably takes them only 5 minutes of work. I believe the long wait is just due to the back log.

To be honest I also thought about it before I requested the notes - that it could somehow delay the process even more. I guess nobody has an answer.

Bhami

Feb 9, 2016
Hello all,

Thanks for all your notes.
I an Aug 2014 applicant as most of you and didn't receive any medical request yet. I received a request for RPRF last month in Jan and next day another email- it seems a mistake by CIC.

Dear...

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa.
Please disregard the previous request for payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee sent on January 18, 2016. That email was sent to you by error.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
lau2014 said:
I've just called CIC from outside Canada. The agent told me that is a paper correspondence and he didn't tell me the content. "It's something that will complete the application"...what does it mean? he also said that we'll receive it between 2 and 6 weeks by regular mail. really????? :eek: Did it happen to someone else???
Check in your spam and call another agent and check.

lau2014

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
goalkb said:
Check in your spam and call another agent and check.
He talked about paper corrispondence, I think the only thing is to wait a couple of days at least

Do you know what kind of correspondence may have they sent at this point of the application?

vikrantcanada

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP 30-03-2015. T4 and NOA for 2014 16-03-2016. RCMP (2nd time) 31-03-2016
AOR Received.
12-2-2015
Med's Done....
15-3-2016 (Upfront)
Interview........
RPRF 6-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
coolcancanada said:

Please assist.
There are lot of assumptions regarding GCMS notes. IMO requesting notes do not make any difference in your processing time at all. GCMS notes are just the information regarding the status of your file and there is a different department in CIC which handles it. Whereas, CSE is a specific inquiry which you have made to the VO which is handling your case. So the VO is bound to give you a reply regarding your query, which can alter your processing time .
If you read EE forum, people request GCMS notes on a daily basis and their applications are finalized in the allocated time.