ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gk08 said:
Hi - Quick question. Can I complete my Medical in advance? I live in Toronto and have the application number? Applied in August 2014 but haven't received any response yet.

With all the delays, I am wondering if it would be better to complete Medical in advance to save some time after they send the request. Please let me know. Thank you.
you can but it is advised not to by the call center agents. as sometimes the results get lost. or they ask you to give it again if they expire.. i would just wait for cic to ask you to go give it as it doesnt take that long for them to receive it.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Naheulbeuck said:
And I am sure we all understand your concerns but it doesn't change the definition of what backlog is. You can clarify it of course but a backlog doesn't have to have a justification:

"an accumulation of something, especially uncompleted work or matters that need to be dealt with." which is exactly the current situation. It is an accumulation of applications that are not completely reviewed (doesn't have to be unstarted or started, just have to be uncompleted) and that need to be dealt with.

You can give the reason why it is in backlog so that they understand that it is not for reasonable reasons, but it still is a backlog.
:eek:

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Apparently this delay has become a biggest obstacle in life now, its like whole life is stopped, we can not decide our future, not only us but our parents our family everybody is affected because of this delay, CIC set's expectations of each candidate to 1 year and then they turn hostile, its not at all fair , you need to be transparent, we understand you have work load, but we are waiting from 16 months and still you are saying , your file is PROCESSING, and mean while they talk about family reunification, what about our family? you just don't give damn * about our family,why?

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Any golden words updated to notes.

Late august applicants pls update. As of October 1st no update happened from my notes.

I applied new notes a week back and plan to send again, if no update is happening.

As I have a gut feeling that something will change only in Dec 2015 or Jan 2016.

Any eligibility review done for post 15 August 2015 applicants. :-\

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
goalkb said:
Any golden words updated to notes.

Late august applicants pls update. As of October 1st no update happened from my notes.

I applied new notes a week back and plan to send again, if no update is happening.

As I have a gut feeling that something will change only in Dec 2015 or Jan 2016.

Any eligibility review done for post 15 August 2015 applicants. :-\
i have a question for you ... do u have to be in Canada for applying GC notes or you can apply anywhere??

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
moe1360 said:
Someone in September page has called CIC and got some information that I thought it is also useful for us. I paste it here:

"Same here... No update... I just called CIC and ask for an update about my application submitted in Sept 2014. He said, the immigration officers are waiting for the clearence of Criminal Background checks for bulk applications submitted in Aug/Sept. I also said, how come Express Entry applicants are getting it within 6 months and he replied he has no update but they are doing everything they can to process it fast. He also confirmed that there are no issues with our applications, its just he can't do anything"
they should have done security by now ... i think its something else ... GC notes say that security is pending for so many people since last 4-5 months ... i think they are doing something else ...or maybe checking flaws in applications

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
andy103 said:
they should have done security by now ... i think its something else ... GC notes say that security is pending for so many people since last 4-5 months ... i think they are doing something else ...or maybe checking flaws in applications
Most likely not. Don't scare people with flaws, they haven't rejected more people, they just don't prioritize old CEC and therefore most (and by most I mean MOST, leaving very little for old CEC) resources are focused on new programs.

==> It is very slow...

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Naheulbeuck said:
Most likely not. Don't scare people with flaws, they haven't rejected more people, they just don't prioritize old CEC and therefore most (and by most I mean MOST, leaving very little for old CEC) resources are focused on new programs.

==> It is very slow...
you maybe right ... my bad but sometimes u knw it can lead to several things coming in one's mind when these things slow down ... i would hope they get on it soon ... its kinda lame that they dont want to prioritize that and not the old cec

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Naheulbeuck said:

==> It is very slow...
I would 100% agree to this comment....Its just a matter of prioritization that CIC officials has to do...There are limited CIC officials and unfortunately there are more important programs (which are politically more important - imagine how much noise we see in refugee cases, imagine how much noise did the govt made for EE system) that our old CEC.....So to make sure that all these politically important programs gets the attention, CIC officials have been working on it...
Now with the new minister and will all the letters that our colleagues from old CEC are sending...we may see some traction....but again its all speculative at the moment....wait for couple of months to see if something moves forward.....
Read this link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/liberals-plan-to-resettle-syrian-refugees-puts-existing-program-in-flux/article27082600/

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
ABS_1382 said:
I would 100% agree to this comment....Its just a matter of prioritization that CIC officials has to do...There are limited CIC officials and unfortunately there are more important programs (which are politically more important - imagine how much noise we see in refugee cases, imagine how much noise did the govt made for EE system) that our old CEC.....So to make sure that all these politically important programs gets the attention, CIC officials have been working on it...
Now with the new minister and will all the letters that our colleagues from old CEC are sending...we may see some traction....but again its all speculative at the moment....wait for couple of months to see if something moves forward.....
Read this link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/liberals-plan-to-resettle-syrian-refugees-puts-existing-program-in-flux/article27082600/
i hope they have some more staff and also reading that article it maybe unsure whether there are 25000 people ... if there are that many people the government has to work with the UNto identify potential refugees

god grace

Star Member
May 7, 2015
andy103 said:
i hope they have some more staff and also reading that article it maybe unsure whether there are 25000 people ... if there are that many people the government has to work with the UNto identify potential refugees

I already sent lots of mails to CEC, mates pls u also keep sending the mails so that they can feel pressure.... Bcs still there is no progress at all

leokumar007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-08-19
AOR Received.
2014-12-11
File Transfer...
2015-01-01
Med's Done....
2015-08-27
Passport Req..
2016-03-01
VISA ISSUED...
2016-03-15
LANDED..........
2016-03-20
Everyone of us must try all possible ways to get their attention.. I am not 100% sure they will get it but at least it will not go in vain..

dmylavarapu

Sep 9, 2015
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hello My Fellow August Applicants,

A good news for everyone. Looks CIC started working on our applications. I just recieved my MR and i'm an 11-Aug'14 applicant.
Wanted to share this good news with you all.

Please stay positive. Its (O)ur turn now :) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Choc24

May 27, 2014
dmylavarapu said:

A good news for everyone. Looks CIC started working on our applications. I just recieved my MR and i'm an 11-Aug'14 applicant.

yyyaaaayyyyy Congrats! That's great news.

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
dmylavarapu said:

congratulation buddy I know exactly how you are feeling now, I felt the same when I got MR back in January :p