+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

masterofnone

Nov 16, 2015
Intheloop said:
Thanks yeah i know, i tend to worry a bit to much sometimes.
Lack of Funds def not, we can support our self very well. Criminal or Security reasons shouldnt be any, as we already done a security screening, when we got posted to Canada. And there wasnt any problems otherwise we would have never got this Posting.
whats the difference between a visitors visa and a RECORD
same whats a BOWP, SOWP?
Thanks
BOWP is Bridge Open Work Permit, its an 1 year open work permit, to be able to work in Canada while you wait for a decision on your PR, you can get as many visas as you need while you application its in process. You have to apply while your current work permit its still valid. You should have applied before, because with a visitor visa you cant work. You get the implied status of the visa you applied for, if you sent a visitor visa, your implied status its as a visitor.

Intheloop

Feb 17, 2016
Hey juju
just had a look into it, yeah we could have applied for a BOWP, well def for me anyway, but when Hubby spoke to a CIC Operator we have been given the wrong information.
What still pisses me of, if i would have behaved like that in my job, they would have taken my Supervisor status of me and get me back into training.
We were told that no we cant get a BOWP that we had to apply a Extended Visitors Visa. That person even had problems understanding why my husband only had a visitor visa while working here, because he was foreign Millitary on a posting. And I had a work visa.
Didnt help when they are suppose to be Bilingual and their english is worse then mine.
Had to quit my job because of this, and my Manager other Supervisors didnt want me let go.
Sorry for the rant.

Intheloop

Feb 17, 2016
Before i forget what is everyone doing while waiting for the PR and no Alberta Health Insurance on hand because of no work visa?
Like is there a way to cover your health just in case?
Thanks

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Intheloop said:
Before i forget what is everyone doing while waiting for the PR and no Alberta Health Insurance on hand because of no work visa?
Thanks
World Nomads

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intheloop said:
Thanks
you can get visitors health insurance..

masterofnone

Nov 16, 2015
Intheloop said:
Hey juju
just had a look into it, yeah we could have applied for a BOWP, well def for me anyway, but when Hubby spoke to a CIC Operator we have been given the wrong information.
What still pisses me of, if i would have behaved like that in my job, they would have taken my Supervisor status of me and get me back into training.
We were told that no we cant get a BOWP that we had to apply a Extended Visitors Visa. That person even had problems understanding why my husband only had a visitor visa while working here, because he was foreign Millitary on a posting. And I had a work visa.
Didnt help when they are suppose to be Bilingual and their english is worse then mine.
Had to quit my job because of this, and my Manager other Supervisors didnt want me let go.
Sorry for the rant.
sorry to hear that, hopefully you will get PR soon. Wait shouldnt be that long at this point.

Cec201415

Nov 3, 2015
juju211221 said:
Order your notes ASAP. you will know the reason why you're in second review and can act accordingly ;)

How long it takes for the notes? Or should i call them again ? So confused. My friends applied from same company after two months i applied under same cec. They got their ppr request last week.

Harry0001

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18, 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP request- Feb 17, 2016... Sent-Feb 29..
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 12, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Jan 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 22, 2016
Interview........
CIC called my Employer on Feb 17,2016.
Passport Req..
April 07,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2016
LANDED..........
April 26, 2016
Cec201415 said:
How long it takes for the notes? Or should i call them again ? So confused. My friends applied from same company after two months i applied under same cec. They got their ppr request last week.
You will get your notes after 30 calendar days. If you call to CIC, they will not tell you any detail or reason for the second review. Best thing to do is that you order GCMS notes. Use the following link to apply.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

riverrdale

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Upfront RPRF fee 17-Feb, CIC confirmation on 22-Feb, Med Recvd 26-Feb
AOR Received.
20-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
27-01-2016
Med's Done....
13-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
1-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11=Apr-2016
CanadaCECPR said:
Thanks Riverrdale for update, some has told me that your dependent needs to land within one month or primary applicant landing (but by you explanation this not seems to be the case, thanks for that)

Do i need to wait (to submit my passport) for reply for wife Visa office change, or i can go ahead and do right a way.
Hi CanadaCECPR,

Send your passport with the enclosures I indicated. Once the change in Visa office comes in for your wife and then getting it stamped you are free to do the landing anytime as you wish and then your spouse can land.

Now bear in mind that only after your land you are becoming PR and from that day you accumulate the period for Citizenship.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Intheloop said:
Wouldnt that require us to be outside the country in order to apply for it?
And where would i get it?
That's why I recommend World Nomads. It's also for travelers who want to extend their stay and are already in the country.

juju211221

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
DM : 07-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
:D 22-03-2016
Intheloop said:
Hey juju
Sorry for the rant.
hey, so I think you already got some really good answer from other people.

1 ) A visitor visa is a visa which allow you to enter in canada under some criminality and security reason. Some country need some, some other, no ( visa exempt country: like europe, uk, japan, ect ... ). If you need a visa, you must apply and get one to apply for the next step :

2 ) you can then apply for a record visitor ( visitor permit if you want ). at this point, the officer will check your eligibility ( proof of fund, insurance, proof that you have some connection with your home country, ect ... ).

so bad you missed the bowp. Sowp is the same as BOWP but for Spouse. hopefully you will get your PPR/COPR soon and you can land ASAP :)

ps : You still may have one chance to get a work permit if you are age under 30 years old and coming from a specific country. We never know how long the PR process can take so, better to be safe than sorry. Please check this : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
juju211221 said:
ps : You still may have one chance to get a work permit if you are age under 30 years old and coming from a specific country. We never know how long the PR process can take so, better to be safe than sorry. Please check this : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp
That's an option. But you need to be outside of Canada for the application. Some people apply from inside of Canada and get away with it. I would not risk this with a PR in process.

marcelaprdslm

Mar 8, 2016
Ling006 said:
I checked on line it says "Decision Made" instead of "in progress" However when i checked that "decision made"
it shows
1.We received your application for permanent residence on August 7, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 28, 2014.
3.We started processing your application on October 29, 2014.
4.We sent you correspondence on June 29, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5.Medical results have been received.
6.We sent you correspondence on March 1, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I sent my passport last Friday, just wondering how long it will take to get it back?
Hello. My dates are exactly the same as yours. They just requested my PRPF yesterday March 7th. How many days they took to request your passport after paying the fee? Thank you.

For all applicants from August 2014, Call center informed me they will have all August applications done By June.