20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
29-Jan-2016 Med's Rec'd....: 08-Feb-2016 RPRF Request.: 25-Feb-2016 RPRF Paid......: 25-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
02-Mar-2016 Passport Rec'd: 21-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
SamSamSam said:
I do agree with you!!!!!

Anyways, I am August 15 applicant. I just called CIC. She confirmed that the processing time i still 14 months. I asked why is it taking long for all the applicants who applied under the old system and the same process is quicker for EE. She said CIC is aware of the problem and is working on it. I am not very hopeful however, I guess you all should call to check status every couple of weeks and ask them why is it taking so long so at least the issue is highlighted. She said if you want to complaint I can give you the contact.
Hi Sam,

Did you complaint regarding the issue?

Thanks,

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamSamSam said:
I do agree with you!!!!!

Anyways, I am August 15 applicant. I just called CIC. She confirmed that the processing time i still 14 months. I asked why is it taking long for all the applicants who applied under the old system and the same process is quicker for EE. She said CIC is aware of the problem and is working on it. I am not very hopeful however, I guess you all should call to check status every couple of weeks and ask them why is it taking so long so at least the issue is highlighted. She said if you want to complaint I can give you the contact.

do you get the contact ? sounds you met some nice guy who willing to answer your question .

leokumar007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-08-19
AOR Received.
2014-12-11
File Transfer...
2015-01-01
Med's Done....
2015-08-27
Passport Req..
2016-03-01
VISA ISSUED...
2016-03-15
LANDED..........
2016-03-20
OhWow said:
Today, I am marking my 15th month. Just saying. :-X
Cheers.. Me too...

member28

Oct 31, 2015
hi guys, just saying..I am applying through EE now. I was waiting for 15 months with no update at all. No sense waiting anymore. some people are getting their PR in 10 months through EE.
everyone good luck!

vvicky

Nov 18, 2015
Guys, someone from October thread contacted John McCallum on his facebook page, and his got the following reply:

"Thank you for contacting the Honourable John McCallum, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.

If you have any questions for Minister McCallum, please direct them to, Minister@cic.gc.ca.

Thank you again for your note."

vvicky

Nov 18, 2015
And also, someone from same October thread contacted the Liberal party Canada, and got the following reply:

"Volunteer/Bénévole (Liberal / Assistance)
Nov 13, 13:36

Dear,

Thank you for writing to the Liberal Party of Canada and sharing your situation with us. We appreciate the chance to hear from you.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide assistance involving your immigration case. Instead, we urge you to contact your local Member of Parliament (MP) or Citizenship and Immigration Canada directly.

Your local MP’s constituency office provides non-partisan services for Canadians interacting with Federal Government institutions. You can find your local MP here: parl ( d o t) gc ( d o t) ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode ( d o t) aspx?Menu=HOC

The online help portal and contact information for Citizenship and Immigration Canada can be found here: cic ( d o t) gc ( d o t) ca/english/contacts/index ( d o t) asp

Liberals believe that reuniting families is an essential aspect of successful immigration to Canada and key to attracting the best and the brightest. It also provides new immigrants with added supports, like family involvement in childcare. Please be assured the Liberal Party of Canada will continue to address this important issue.

We are currently in a transition period, and some of the information on the parl.gc.ca website may not be posted. Please have patients while the information is updated.

Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,

Volunteer
Liberal Party of Canada"

masterofnone

Nov 16, 2015
Well, the waiting time its obviously not 14 months anymore, when anybody got it yet and we are about to get into the 16th month of waiting. so actually 18 months sounds kind of optimistic. I got my medicals request on June 4th and still nothing.

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
vikasshr said:
Hi ,

Did you applied by yourself or by lawyer ?
we got a lawyer, got my GCSM notes yesterday and this is what I got

Eligibility : in progress
Security: not started
criminality : in progress
medical : not started

I will be applying for an extension of our BOWP, my first BOWP will expire on February 3, 2016.

VinaySharma

Nov 2, 2015
vvicky said:
Guys, someone from October thread contacted John McCallum on his facebook page, and his got the following reply:

"Thank you for contacting the Honourable John McCallum, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.

If you have any questions for Minister McCallum, please direct them to, Minister@cic.gc.ca.

Thank you again for your note."
Hi guys,

I just an email to the Minister McCallum regarding our situation. Worth giving a shot.

Here is the email if you wish to send one as well.

Dear Sir,

Please accept my heartfelt congratulations on the landslide win of the Liberal Party and for accepting the position of Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. I wish I could have been able to vote and contributed towards this new beginning of Canada.

I am writing you today as I feel abandoned by CIC. I applied under Canadian Experience Class last year in August (2014), when the processing time was 12 months, and applicants were receiving their Permanent Residency in 8 - 9 months. On that speed, I should have received my PR by May - June 2015. However, CIC launched a new process called Express Entry this year in January 2015 and stopped processing the old applications.

There are hundreds of skilled workers like me, who were in the old CEC process, waiting for CIC to start processing our applications.

I request you to please look into this issue and help us find our home in Canada.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
UCI - XXXX-XXXX
Application Number - XXXXXXXXXXX

Let's hope all our efforts gets his attention and he looks into this issue.

hanuljhamb

Jul 20, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I have been following this group for more than an year now and have been frustrated with the lack of action on the CIC part. My details are as follows:

Application Received: 15th August, 2014
AOR Received: 4th December, 2014
Medical: request not yet received

I have a question for you guys. It would be great if anyone could provide an answer to that.

I have switched companies a month ago and wanted to know if it is required to send the employment letter for my new company to CIC? If yes, how and where?

Thanks for your anticipated help.

Best,
Hanul

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
OhWow said:
Today, I am marking my 15th month. Just saying. :-X
I marked my 15th month five days ago. Still have heard nothing since AOR, one year and five days ago.

At this point I would normally consider just throwing in the towel and applying for EE, but in my field of work, permanent full-time contract offers are almost non-existent. Nearly all contracts are project-based and have a finite time frame. We go from project to project. And without a permanent full-time contract offer, it is very difficult to accumulate enough points under the EE system. I know many colleagues in my industry who want to apply for PR, but are in despair since they know they will not get permanent full-time contract offers, only contracts for a specific period. It just isn't how our industry works and everyone is used to it. But since both our employers and Canada immigration seem to be unaware of the problem, EE will force many qualified workers to leave Canada without PR once their 4 years are up. But there are not nearly enough qualified Canadians to fill these positions. If there were, neither me nor my many colleagues from other countries would be here.

aakash12

Aug 22, 2012
One of the writeups from September 2014 forum

Not sure if we discussed about this earlier but I received a newsletter which states :

"Foremost among the forecasts made by CIC is that the total intake of economic immigrants to Canada through Express Entry is set to increase once the backlog of applications from 2014 has been cleared. "

Full read here : http://www.cicnews.com/2015/11/important-updates-express-entry-selection-system-canadian-immigration-116607.html

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Please can any one advice if I leave Canada through the USA border, Can I re-enter Canada through border if I have the bridging work permit or I shall apply for the multiple entry?

Thanks

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
teb said:
Hello,

Please can any one advice if I leave Canada through the USA border, Can I re-enter Canada through border if I have the bridging work permit or I shall apply for the multiple entry?

Thanks
If you are going by road and you have valid BOWP then you are Okay I went with expired visa, but If you are going by plane or ferry I think then you need visa to re-enter in Canada.