+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
I am wondering if the number of PR's issued in 2020 is equal to the government plan for immigration in 2020 or it is far away from it?!

Lizz456

Nov 19, 2020
Hey guys,

I have recently called IRCC and they said my application is currently in criminality so an officer has to take a look at the biometrics given and then change the status to ‘Approved’ & then they’ll change the final decision corresponding to that . Considering the fact that i have given my Biometrics on October 14 so since from then my application havent moved at all.
My AOR is on April 24, medicals passed as per june 15...Anybody know how long more it will take!!
This is so frustrating i even did an enquiry with the local MP and the reply she got was similar to this only.
is there anyway we can escalate this?

Dundas2020

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Hey guys,

I have recently called IRCC and they said my application is currently in criminality so an officer has to take a look at the biometrics given and then change the status to ‘Approved’ & then they’ll change the final decision corresponding to that . Considering the fact that i have given my Biometrics on October 14 so since from then my application havent moved at all.
My AOR is on April 24, medicals passed as per june 15...Anybody know how long more it will take!!
This is so frustrating i even did an enquiry with the local MP and the reply she got was similar to this only.
Hi,
I am in the same stage as you. AOR April 18th, Biometrics on 15th Oct. When I called I got same answer. Waiting....waiting...

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hey guys,

Same.

Aor 22. Mp June 12.
Eligibility passed July 16
Biometrics August 4th
File never opened after.

Criminality in progress. Security not started

Dundas2020

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Same.

Aor 22. Mp June 12.
Biometrics August 4th
File never opened after.

Hi,
My AOR is April 18th and others are similar to you. I called two times and received the same answer "Criminality in progress. Security not started." I dont know why they dont know proceed further.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hey guys,

Most of the march,april and may applicants got stuck with same situation no moment once they started waiting for biometrics and after submission too no change..my frnd experienced same once there is some information missing the file will be left on hold and takes a while pre covid that wait time my frnd experienced was 2months.and now due to covid which they are taking as excuse looks like never ending waiting time.. not our fault for submission delay of biometrics they came up with stupid process and got delayed now the whole file was on HOLD..i assume we might see some moment may be by end of jan like ppl coming back from vacation and trying to clear the backlogs or may be im wrong it could be even worse..

Mehkal

Nov 13, 2020
Same.

Aor 22. Mp June 12.
Biometrics August 4th
File never opened after.

Same here

AOR April 16
Criminality in progress
Security not started
Bio exempt Oct 20

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Hey guys,

Same as yours. Same story.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Got the golden email guys.
CEC inland April 10 AOR
Biometrics Oct 5
Criminality was passed Dec 21st
COPR document issued Jan 5, 2021
Thanks for all the help everyone. Especially @legalfalcon Thanks a lot.
IRCC is trying to clear the backlog. Nice to see April,June,July AOR applicants are starting to get COPR.