+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Wow. This is great. Hopefully, Criminality will be closed soon after we submit biometrics.

From the notes, I can see that my security is on hold with the US. There are 2 communications with the US. One on Biography which returned 'No Reportable Trace' and another one on Biometrics which is on hold due to missing biometrics information.

I assume my security is also passed since I also see a similar update on my application status. 'Pending your action' is changed to 'Submitted'. I'll order another notes by the end of this month.
Yes, I noticed that in my profile also. Earlier it was showing "Your action required". Now, it says "Submitted". But Biometrics is still pending due to COVID. Think we are on the same boat and your security should have been passed by this time.

I ordered GCMS notes yesterday. Let's see what it has.

Last edited:

Tanvirshaikh

Jan 2, 2018
I called IRCC today and they said my security is passed. And I asked if eligibility is still under processing. Then she said, no. Security, eligibility, and medicals passed. Criminality is pending.
HI,which number did you call? Please if i can know as well

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I called IRCC today and they said my security is passed. And I asked if eligibility is still under processing. Then she said, no. Security, eligibility, and medicals passed. Criminality is pending.
Could you tell the number and also what questions do they ask us.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Could you tell the number and also what questions do they ask us.
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100) just call them and ask your application status. they might ask you few questions for identification (phone number, email address, appln number etc)

Reactions: Wrath

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
Yes, I noticed that in my profile also. Earlier it was showing "Your action required". Now, it says "Submitted". But Biometrics is still pending due to COVID. Think we are on the same boat and your security should have been passed by this time.

I ordered GCMS notes yesterday. Let's see what it has.
When is your AOR? Can you please if you got Biometric letter yet?

yalink

Apr 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
Guys,
Today, IRCC excluded Work Permit extensions filed within Canada from needing biometrics to be done. I wish, they could do the same thing with CEC candidates filed within Canada as well.
Awesome, I wonder if they will refund the Biometrics fees to applicants that paid.

Would you mind sharing the link of this announcement with us, please?

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Called IRCC on Friday and she said eligibility, security and medical is passed and criminality is on hold due to the biometrics. I raised a webform on the same day to know the status and I received the reply:

In addition, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility assessment is in process.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
In the webform response, it says eligibility assessment is in process. Whereas when speaking to the IRCC agent, she said eligibility passed. Which one should I believe?

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Awesome, I wonder if they will refund the Biometrics fees to applicants that paid.

Would you mind sharing the link of this announcement with us, please?
Interesting.. I saw the update at the below link. I even received a similar update from my company as well. But today, I do not see the temporary worker section. Looks like they removed it. :confused:

But they mentioned that the fee would be refunded.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Reactions: yalink

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Called IRCC on Friday and she said eligibility, security and medical is passed and criminality is on hold due to the biometrics. I raised a webform on the same day to know the status and I received the reply:

In addition, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility assessment is in process.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
In the webform response, it says eligibility assessment is in process. Whereas when speaking to the IRCC agent, she said eligibility passed. Which one should I believe?
Wait for the GCMS notes. You will get clarity.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
For those who are still eager to know the steps to request GCMS notes, please go through the below link. Once you submit the request, it takes 15-30 calendar days to receive the notes.
http://askkubeir.com/gcms-notes/

If you have dependents in your application, you need to fill and attach this form as well. Otherwise, they'll provide only your information.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/forms/request-5744.html
Hello. I filled out this form and sent it with myself being the Designated Representative and my husband being the Main Applicant and then I filled in two boxes for Related Individual (for my two son's). I received a reply saying:
  • ensure this form is signed by both parents OR
  • submit separate forms for each parent, listing the minor's information on each form.
If I were to do the first, where do I sign as the mother and if I were to do the second how do I go about that?

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Hello. I filled out this form and sent it with myself being the Designated Representative and my husband being the Main Applicant and then I filled in two boxes for Related Individual (for my two son's). I received a reply saying:
  • ensure this form is signed by both parents OR
  • submit separate forms for each parent, listing the minor's information on each form.
If I were to do the first, where do I sign as the mother and if I were to do the second how do I go about that?
I would try this. If possible, attach a consent letter along with the form for your children, and attach proofs to show your relationship.
Assumption: You are the PA and your husband, who is in Canada, requests GCMS notes. Both of your children are minor.

In IMM5744 form,
1. Your husband's details
2. Your details and your sign
2.1. Your first son's details and your sign as well as your husband's sign in the signature box (Put father/mother in parenthesis to designate, underneath each sign)
2.2 Your second son's details and your sign as well as your husband's sign in the signature box (Put father/mother in parenthesis to designate, underneath each sign)

Reactions: sherin42

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
I would try this. If possible, attach a consent letter along with the form for your children, and attach proofs to show your relationship.
Assumption: You are the PA and your husband, who is in Canada, requests GCMS notes. Both of your children are minor.

In IMM5744 form,
1. Your husband's details
2. Your details and your sign
2.1. Your first son's details and your sign as well as your husband's sign in the signature box (Put father/mother in parenthesis to designate, underneath each sign)
2.2 Your second son's details and your sign as well as your husband's sign in the signature box (Put father/mother in parenthesis to designate, underneath each sign)
I will do so. Thank you.