+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys,

Congratulations to everyone here. I just received my invite for pr and I have a question filling out the personal history portion of the application. I was wondering if I should include my 2 months of work experience in India (that i didn't claim points for) even if I don't have any supporting documents.

Thanks!
yes you have to include/list all the activities in the personal history section even though it was just for few days. for the last 10 years or since 18 birthday. you do not have to submit any supporting documents for things u did not claim the point.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Guys, I am unable to get PCC from back home country coz of lockdown until April 30. Me and spouse have pcc issued in sep 2019 and expired in dec 2019 we both are currently living in the home country. Should I wait for---dont know how long-- to get pcc or should I just submit the application with LOE?

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi
I have one query. Today Canadian Experience Class draw came 455 and the last one was 464. Is that means there is less candidate were in the pool who belongs to CEC. My question is that my CRS score is 454 and I am qualified for CEC class. If next draw came less than 455 is there any chances for me to get invitation?
Hoping for reply
Thank You
Regards
If IRCC decides to do the invitation, CEC only, you are definitely getting ITA. Keep hoping for the best.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Hope you all doing well. First of all congratulations to all who got or will get ITA from today's 145th Draw CRS 455 (CEC). I am at 459 (CEC) and waiting for an ITA. Just have a quick question regarding my job roles and duties. I am working as Returns Administrator and my NOC CODE is 1215.

Can anyone please advise if my roles and duties are good enough for NOC 1215 or do I need to make some changes? Following are my duties :
  • Responsible for the supply chain. Dispatching and assigning the orders based on client requirement.
  • Coordination with vendors to ensure a smooth delivery. Process customer’s RMA and determine disposition of returned product.
  • Handle the appointments and coordinating delivery schedules with the customers.
  • Process the invoices and purchasing transactions.
  • Assess,manage and mitigate the delivery issues when identified.
  • Responsible for the smooth operations of the systems, equipment and machinery. Arrange their maintenance and repair work.
  • Working on GERP and TMS software to generate RMA’s and loads. Process customer’s RMA and determine disposition of returned product.
  • Draw learning programs for the trainees and new joinees. Make them aware of safety procedures, company policies and the company culture.
  • Provide solutions to improve operational and processing efficiency in workflow.
Please let me know if I am good to move further with NOC 1215. Any comments much appreciated.

Thank you,

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Hi everyone, I just launched my express entry profile and want to know certain things in advance, in case I get ITA,

Do I need PCC certificate from back home (India) or only from here in Canada (As I have been residing here since Dec 2016)

What other docs do I need to worry after ITA?

Thanks

Reactions: askele

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi everyone, I just launched my express entry profile and want to know certain things in advance, in case I get ITA,

Do I need PCC certificate from back home (India) or only from here in Canada (As I have been residing here since Dec 2016)

What other docs do I need to worry after ITA?

Thanks
The requirements on PCC is clear:

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

Short answer is yes for India and No for Canada.
Another note would be when you submit your PCC, it should be in COLOR. As the IRCC office can reject your application if it’s in grayscale or black and white.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
yes you have to include/list all the activities in the personal history section even though it was just for few days. for the last 10 years or since 18 birthday. you do not have to submit any supporting documents for things u did not claim the point.

Hi there, quick question please. You have mentioned "not submit supporting docs for thing you did not claim pts." In my profile, i declared i have a relative, which is an uncle, here in Canada. Now, they require a proof of relationship. Would it be if i wouldn't just declare it since I didn't get points for that anyway? I'm under CEC too. Thank you.

Reactions: Walle_007

Partyman90

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
There are places in Toronto that are still booking appointment to do Medical. I book mine for May 8

Hi, guys. I got ITA on April 9. I have all the docs ready for submission except Medical exam and Biometric fingerprint. Can I submit my application now, and then waiting for RICC informs me to do medical and fingerprint, cuz nowhere can do these two things during COVID 19. Thanks

Ashish4

Nov 26, 2019
i have 15 months of CANADIAN work experience under NOC B, but when i create my profile it shows i met FSW not sure why it is showing that, im applying from india.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hi there, quick question please. You have mentioned "not submit supporting docs for thing you did not claim pts." In my profile, i declared i have a relative, which is an uncle, here in Canada. Now, they require a proof of relationship. Would it be if i wouldn't just declare it since I didn't get points for that anyway? I'm under CEC too. Thank you.
Well, it's odd that CIC is asking for proof of relationship for something they are not giving away points, however, it's just an automatic system that asks you.

You did the right thing to mention it as the question is asking you "relative" and not immediate family. So the best thing to is upload LOE in that slot explaining that you are not claiming points so no need to prove the relation ship.

This might help:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/should-i-mention-my-uncle-in-express-entry-profile-for-adaptability.572904/

Sagar95

Nov 20, 2018
Hey Guys,

I got my ITA under CEC on 16th April 2020. I still have a chance to review and make final adjustments in the profile. So i started working as a Computer Repair Technician (NOC 2242) on Feb 2019 worked for a whole year but got temporarily laid off due to COVID-19 (shortage of work) on March 22nd 2020 and was told by the employer that i will be called back to work once the business gets back to normal. I have completed my 1 year experience with the above position.

Now my question is, under the "Work History" tab in the express entry profile, there is a question "Are you currently working in Canada?" (I m on CERB and currently not working.) So should i answer it as "No"?. If I answer it as "NO", then i dont get the option to answer the 4 following questions. Or should i answer it as "YES" because i m not fired but just temporarily laid off and technically still have the job.

I m a newbie and will appreciate any of your help.

Thanks.

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hmm! I think you should say no, mainly because you are on CERB, and who knows if the immigration officer has access to your files to know whether or not you received CERB and are not currently working? You can probably explain your situation further in a letter of explanation, just as you did here.

Also, as far as you have your 1-year experience, it doesn't matter whether or not you are still working, when you submit your application. You just have to show proof of the work experience that made you eligible for the ITA. Hope this helps.

Hey Guys,

I got my ITA under CEC on 16th April 2020. I still have a chance to review and make final adjustments in the profile. So i started working as a Computer Repair Technician (NOC 2242) on Feb 2019 worked for a whole year but got temporarily laid off due to COVID-19 (shortage of work) on March 22nd 2020 and was told by the employer that i will be called back to work once the business gets back to normal. I have completed my 1 year experience with the above position.

Now my question is, under the "Work History" tab in the express entry profile, there is a question "Are you currently working in Canada?" (I m on CERB and currently not working.) So should i answer it as "No"?. If I answer it as "NO", then i dont get the option to answer the 4 following questions. Or should i answer it as "YES" because i m not fired but just temporarily laid off and technically still have the job.

I m a newbie and will appreciate any of your help.

Thanks.

tanujgyan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
I have seen people getting same issues in the past
There are 2 options
1. Decline ITA and wait for the draw after 21 May
2. Submit the documents after 21 May and explain it in letter of explanation that you received ITA before and you are submitting your application only after 1 year is complete.
I have seen people getting their PR with option 2 as well.
Good luck
As far as I know when you are submitting your application you can preview your score. Mine increased after recieving ITA

tanujgyan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hey guys
I have a question about PCC. I got my PCC from China and Notary Public gave me a translation also. They didn't include any affidavit. I was wondering if I have to get a translation done from Canada again as the website says that you need to get translation done from a certified translator

Jessisd

Apr 20, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I received my ITA in the draw #143 on April 16th. It was lower than expected, hence my spouse work experience is not necessary. Today I have 462 points, and without his experience it would be 457, which is still above the last draw of 455. My questions is: when completing the PR application can I not put his experience? This way I wouldn't need to provide his documentation and save me some time. Or should I update the profile before before starting the PR application? Will I lose the ITA if I change my profile as my letter now states I have 462 points?

I appreciate if anybody could help.

Thanks