+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I mention my Uncle in express entry profile for adaptability?

af56939

Jul 20, 2018
Hi Experts,

I would like to know if it is wise to mention my uncle who is a Canadian citizen in the express entry profile?.

I may not be able to produce the documents required to prove the relationship and would complicate the case for no reason.

I have Ielts band score of 8 and Masters degree evaluated . Do I need to mention the above relationship , as it wont affect my CRS score?

Please Advise...….

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Experts,

I would like to know if it is wise to mention my uncle who is a Canadian citizen in the express entry profile?.

I may not be able to produce the documents required to prove the relationship and would complicate the case for no reason.

I have Ielts band score of 8 and Masters degree evaluated . Do I need to mention the above relationship , as it wont affect my CRS score?

Please Advise...….
Do not mention. As if you will mention, you will have to support that with substantial proof.

af56939

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks Preetsingh.

Can you also let me know if having a visitor visa from Canada will have any impact on this, as I had mentioned my uncle while applying for visitor visa.
So just checking if they cross verify and penalize in case of non disclosure.

Thanks in advance.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
If your uncle lives in Canada and is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen, then you should answer yes otherwise it would be misrepresentation.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
If your uncle lives in Canada and is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen, then you should answer yes otherwise it would be misrepresentation.
Its nothing like that. I have so many uncles living in Canada. I never mentioned about them and I got PR.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
If the question is "Do you have a relative living in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident" and the answer to that is "No" despite having a relative, then it's surely the wrong answer and is misrepresentation. It's not necessarily a misrepresentation that would negatively impact one's application simply because a VO only cares about a misrepresentation that's in your favor, one you benefit from and results in you getting extra CRS points.

While not mentioning a relative in Canada is misrepresentation, it's not one that's likely to result in a ban because the applicant didn't stand to benefit from it and actually got less CRS points than he/she would have had they mentioned that relative.

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hi Experts,

Please Advise...….
Hey
just wondering what did you end of doing?
I'm in a pretty similar situation.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I once applied for study permit back in 2010 where I mentioned that I have uncle and aunt. Recently I submitted my eAPR and did not mention them in application, however in LOE I did declare that I have uncle and aunt and I didn’t include them is becuz I don’t want points for adaptability as I don’t want to go in hassle of proof of relationship. I guess seniors will agree that this was the rite thing to do

Aish2601

Jan 29, 2020
Hi, incase I don't mention my uncle in the eAPR and explain the same in the LOE, would my answer to the question have I mentioned all relatives in Canada be "NO"?

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
guys, the easiest way to solve this problem is to answer "YES" then upload an explanation letter instead of documents to prove your relationship onto the upload slot. So you are not misrepresenting at all and will not need to provide supporting documents to prove relationship.

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks Preetsingh.

Can you also let me know if having a visitor visa from Canada will have any impact on this, as I had mentioned my uncle while applying for visitor visa.

Thanks in advance.
What did you do? I'm in same situation. Had mentioned them in visitor visa.

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks Preetsingh.

Thanks in advance.
What did you do? I'm in same situation. Had my uncle mentioned in visitor visa.

Expelliarmus56

Sep 3, 2020
guys, the easiest way to solve this problem is to answer "YES" then upload an explanation letter instead of documents to prove your relationship onto the upload slot. So you are not misrepresenting at all and will not need to provide supporting documents to prove relationship.
Did you do this? And did you get the PR then?

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016