Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hi guys,

It's good to see almost all Oct 2020 folks got our result. I just wanna share my experience with CRA after status change so you guys can learn it from me.

When I got my new SIN at Service Canada, they said only need to notice banks and employers as CRA will get my new SIN automatically, don't worry :rolleyes: Yeah, I wasn't, until I realized that I need to create a new CRA account, as the old one linked to the old SIN, not a big deal. Logged in and saw that I OWED CRA money for GST/HST credit plus OTB. I was like, wtf, I called CRA around the end of June, they said again, don't worry, system is syncing my information now, I only change my SIN then no reason for owning money for that benefits. :rolleyes: YET, this morning, I official received messages in my new CRA account said I owe them money. Called again and worked through 1hr of wait time, the lady said, SIN is automatically changed, but I have to update my status with them, with proof of CoPR or PR card, so they can confirm my status. Like, what? o_O I never heard of residence status affecting those benefits, just marital status or having kids. But yeah, that's my story. I suggest you guys to have your status updated with CRA, or do it yourself to save the headache and heart-attack like me (I did my own tax so I have to chase them myself).

Not sure if any of you got this trouble but I think it's worth to share so we all new PRs can avoid, or at least know how to deal with it. Have a great day, guys :D
Hello Guys!! I have the exact problem, maybe someone here could help me (us).

So, I got my new SIN number since I got my copr.
I wanted to update it on my CRA account online. There is nothing to update it. I then called CRA, they said I should create a new account.
How do we do that? Because I can either access to my current CRA account (temporary SIN number) and when I tryt to create a new CRA account with my new sin, there is an Error 210.

I called again CRA and they said, canada service should transfer to CRA my new SIN. Once it is updated between canada service and CRA, then I could create a new account. Is this accurate? How did you manage to create a new SIN? Is there a thread here about new SIN after copr?

@Kerikeri ?

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
Hello Guys!! I have the exact problem, maybe someone here could help me (us).

So, I got my new SIN number since I got my copr.
I wanted to update it on my CRA account online. There is nothing to update it. I then called CRA, they said I should create a new account.
How do we do that? Because I can either access to my current CRA account (temporary SIN number) and when I tryt to create a new CRA account with my new sin, there is an Error 210.

I called again CRA and they said, canada service should transfer to CRA my new SIN. Once it is updated between canada service and CRA, then I could create a new account. Is this accurate? How did you manage to create a new SIN? Is there a thread here about new SIN after copr?

@Kerikeri ?
@stefi2020 i got my new SIN on july 26, i was told i should create a new one as well, i tried on Tuesday and i got the same error you did err210 and i still had access to my old SIN. I called too and got a run around but i was told it could take a month for the information to come over to new SIN. i tried yesterday and i was no longer able to use old SIN and i was allowed to register my new SIN. I would say give it a few days because one of the agents told me that cra and service canada do a weekly system link

Last edited:

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
@stefi2020 i got my new SIN on july 26, i was told i should create a new one as well, i tried on Tuesday and i got the same error you did err210 and i still had access to my old SIN. I called to and got a run around but i was told it could take a month for the information to come over to new SIN. i tried yesterday and i was no longer able to use old SIN and i was allowed to register my new SIN. I would say give it a few days because ome of the agents told me that cra and service canada do a weekly system link
Oh okay, thank you. Agent at canada wasn't sure about that, even at CRA. They told me to wait another week and to try again. Just wait then.
I just tried again, still the same error.

Reactions: Kerikeri

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Oh okay, thank you. Agent at canada wasn't sure about that, even at CRA. They told me to wait another week and to try again. Just wait then.
I just tried again, still the same error.
Hey stefi, you already received your PR completely or something is still pending?

Bonita1221

Jun 29, 2021
Hello guys,
I was asked to provide fingerprint. I submitted the receipt for the biometric fee by Webform. When can I get the instruction letter? (is anyone in the same situation? )
Could I do anything else to accelerate the process?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hello guys,
I was asked to provide fingerprint. I submitted the receipt for the biometric fee by Webform. When can I get the instruction letter? (is anyone in the same situation? )
Could I do anything else to accelerate the process?
fingerprints as in biometrics or the rcmp certified check?

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
Hey guys!!!!!
So this chapter has finally come to a close.... I wish you guys all the best especially those still waiting on portal emails or copr.

First portal email (Jul 22) answered after a few mins
Second portal email (Jul 22)
COPR (Jul 23) uploaded pics
Ghost update on gckey (Jul 26)
PR card approved (Aug 4) mailed out
PR card received (Aug 6)

Last edited:

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hey stefi, you already received your PR completely or something is still pending?
Hey, I got copr and waiting for my PR card. How did it go with your review?

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Big congrats! :D
I'm still waiting for IRCC as nothing has moved. It's been long, but I hope it's going to be worth waiting it in the end.
Well I feel for you. I waited like 5 weeks after the portal's email....to get my Copr! I dont even know what to say about IRCC and its random.....process.
Some get copr within 1 hour, some just wait....not days but weeks or months!

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Well I feel for you. I waited like 5 weeks after the portal's email....to get my Copr! I dont even know what to say about IRCC and its random.....process.
Some get copr within 1 hour, some just wait....not days but weeks or months!
Yeah, it's a wild ride for sure. But you got it man and have nothing to worry about :) Receiving a PR card is just a matter of time (if you have not already received it) as the most important part is passed.