+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application, what to upload? Offer of Employment / Employment Records / Letter of Employment

IbrahimS22

Jun 27, 2018
Hello everyone!

I applied for EE while on OWP and received an ITA after last draw. Strangely, all these documents are asked from me even though I'm still at the same company
(no new offer) and I have been working there for more than a year now. I already got Employment-Reference letter from my employer but should I upload the same letter for all these 3 sections? Smth like this:

1. Employment Records = Employment-Reference letter + Pay stubs + T4
2. Letter of Employment = Employment-Reference letter
3. Offer of Employment = Employment-Reference letter

Thank you in advance!

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Did you claim the 50 points for arranged employment (valid job offer in Canada) as well? That is the only scenario where system will ask you to upload the offer and letter of employment.

You mentioned you are on OWP and you would definitely not have an LMIA so you don't qualify for these points by claiming the job offer.

Reactions: hooper

IbrahimS22

Jun 27, 2018
I didn't get any points from Arranged Employment. I don't remember exactly what I answered but it could be that I answered "Yes" to "Do you have a valid job offer?" question. I assumed this was the correct answer since I was working. But for the next question about LMIA I answered "No". So I didn't get any points for the job offer.

What do you recommend in this situation?

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I didn't get any points from Arranged Employment. I don't remember exactly what I answered but it could be that I answered "Yes" to "Do you have a valid job offer?" question. I assumed this was the correct answer since I was working. But for the next question about LMIA I answered "No". So I didn't get any points for the job offer.

What do you recommend in this situation?
You can verify in your profile what you answered earlier. And for submitting the application, either you can change it to No while filling up the details, or explain it in LOE that you do not have a job offer and not claiming any points for the same.

IbrahimS22

Jun 27, 2018
You can verify in your profile what you answered earlier. And for submitting the application, either you can change it to No while filling up the details, or explain it in LOE that you do not have a job offer and not claiming any points for the same.
I changed my answer to "No" and Offer/Letter section disappeared. Also points stayed the same.
Thank you very much! Have a good one!

Reactions: rshangle