+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application- removing representative

SuryaCanada

Nov 8, 2013
Hi All,

I have submitted my PR application through an attorney and I have received AOR.

Now, I want to remove attorney and deal further processing myself. Do you see any issues? If not what is the procedure?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Surya

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
SuryaCanada said:
Hi All,

I have submitted my PR application through an attorney and I have received AOR.

Now, I want to remove attorney and deal further processing myself. Do you see any issues? If not what is the procedure?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Surya

If you have already named a representative, you can also use this form to cancel that choice.
[ Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp ]

Use this form and email it to CIC. If the form requires a signature I recommend emailing a scan with signature.

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
any problems if we are removing the representative??

If I have not paid any money to my lawyer. can he do anything after notifying the cancel representative form to CIC.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
siriPR2014 said:
any problems if we are removing the representative??

If I have not paid any money to my lawyer. can he do anything after notifying the cancel representative form to CIC.
There is no problem removing representative.

But regarding money I wouldn't do something If I were you. He cant do anything about your CEC file. But he might take legal action against you, and don't forget he has all copies of your documents which is plus point for him. :eek:

optimus

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-02-2013
IELTS Request
With App
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
I agree with Goku, There is nothing wrong in removing rep.
If I were you, I would openly discuss with the lawyer itself. Never know, they might even do it for you with mutual agreement.
If nothing wrong on your part, then this is the best option IMHO.

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
There is nothing wrong with me. He only told me that we will can cancel our agreement but I have not paid any money to him and he is ok with that.

My only question is will he be doing anything on my CEC application? will he be having authority after sending the cancel representative form to CIC.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
if you remove him as your representative then there is nothing he can do about it :)

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
One quick question: what is the email address to which we can send the "Use of a Representative" form?
It is not mentioned in this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
htrak said:
One quick question: what is the email address to which we can send the "Use of a Representative" form?
It is not mentioned in this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp
I would send it to the office processing the application. In you case CPC-Ottawa.
Information on how to contact CPC-O can be found following this link
>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/01/how-do-i-contact-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-regarding-my-cec-application.html

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
iam_toby said:
I would send it to the office processing the application. In you case CPC-Ottawa.
Information on how to contact CPC-O can be found following this link
>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/01/how-do-i-contact-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-regarding-my-cec-application.html
Thanks Toby!

anusl

Sep 12, 2015
Dear All,

Could someone please advice me on how to CANCEL the representative and link my EE profile (which currently resided with the agent account) over to my personal MyCIC.

I have tried many times through my personal MyCIC account to link the existing (through by submitting the Form IMM5476), but ended up with no luck at all due to a Validation error over the MyCIC submission.

Further noted, I'm still in the Express Entry profile stage and awaiting for an ITA through the next invitation round, as recently been nominated by state/territory sponsorship.

Please somebody assist me as early, before I receive an ITA to get the full authorization of my profile over to myself.

Thank you very much.
Anu

Reactions: Tiaa

Anish_M

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Please provide e-mail id for submission of Form (IMM5476) to CIO (Centralized Intake Office) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Catnat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
[ Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp ]

Use this form and email it to CIC. If the form requires a signature I recommend emailing a scan with signature.
Hi, I created an account myself and only recently linked it to my representative. I submitted the cancel representative web form 2 days ago. I wanted to ask whether CIC will automatically link my application back to my account after processing the web form and, if so, how long it takes?

Or do I have to link my application to my account myself through my CIC account? (I've tried 5 times already and it's saying there were no matches found.)

truestar

Jan 21, 2018
Dear all
I don't know ID and password of my Express entry profile. I want to remove my useless representative as he is good for nothing. I have this constant fear at the back of my mind that he will miss if there would be any email from IRCC. There is imm5476 form through which I can remove my representative but how would I get ID password of my profile. Am I dependent on a representative for that? Please guide.

Mohit shera

Jan 5, 2021
Dear all
I don't know ID and password of my Express entry profile. I want to remove my useless representative as he is good for nothing. I have this constant fear at the back of my mind that he will miss if there would be any email from IRCC. There is imm5476 form through which I can remove my representative but how would I get ID password of my profile. Am I dependent on a representative for that? Please guide.
Did you get through from this