+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application Rejected - What are my options?

apat311

Dec 16, 2022
My CEC application was rejected today. The refusal letter states that I did not provide any information for the job I am claiming Canadian Experience Points for. The letters I have provided, I also have a screenshot from the application have very clear responsibilities marked out so this seems like an oversight by the agent.

What options do I have? I don't think I can appeal the decision but there should be a way to address this oversight.

Edit:

The Letter states:

You provided a letter of employment dated July 7, 2022, that stated the following: job title, location of work, dates employed and salary. The letter however did not provide job duties that you have performed the lead statement and main duties of the declared NOC for this period of employment.

(the letter that I provided had this information and was uploaded in the Letter of Employment section of the application. Its a 2-page with full description of the job duties.)

Profile Information:

CRS - 571

ITA - July 6th, 2022

AoR - July 15th, 2022

Medical and Biometrics have passed

Please let me know what my options are.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
My CEC application was rejected today. The refusal letter states that I did not provide any information for the job I am claiming Canadian Experience Points for. The letters I have provided, I also have a screenshot from the application have very clear responsibilities marked out so this seems like an oversight by the agent.

What options do I have? I don't think I can appeal the decision but there should be a way to address this oversight.

Edit:

The Letter states:

You provided a letter of employment dated July 7, 2022, that stated the following: job title, location of work, dates employed and salary. The letter however did not provide job duties that you have performed the lead statement and main duties of the declared NOC for this period of employment.

(the letter that I provided had this information and was uploaded in the Letter of Employment section of the application. Its a 2-page with full description of the job duties.)

Profile Information:

CRS - 571

ITA - July 6th, 2022

AoR - July 15th, 2022

Medical and Biometrics have passed

Please let me know what my options are.
Can you share your NOC and roles/responsibilites you added in the letter? You can mask all other details.
It looks like maybe the officer is not able to align your duties with that NOC.
And what was your VO?

apat311

Dec 16, 2022
Can you share your NOC and roles/responsibilites you added in the letter? You can mask all other details.
It looks like maybe the officer is not able to align your duties with that NOC.
And what was your VO?
My NOC was 2171 Class A. My VO was Edmonton. I do not want to share the Letter here due to private and confidential information.
Other colleagues in my company have used a similarly worded letter for the same NOC and were approved in early 2021/late 2020 with similar CRS scores.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My NOC was 2171 Class A. My VO was Edmonton. I do not want to share the Letter here due to private and confidential information.
Other colleagues in my company have used a similarly worded letter for the same NOC and were approved in early 2021/late 2020 with similar CRS scores.
If you will not post duties in the letter due to privacy concerns, not much we can do to help. Seems like IRRC made an error if your job letter meets all the requirements listed in mandatory documents. Ask for reconsideration through webform with the job letter you included in your original application.

apat311

Dec 16, 2022
If you will not post duties in the letter due to privacy concerns, not much we can do to help. Seems like IRRC made an error if your job letter meets all the requirements listed in mandatory documents. Ask for reconsideration through webform with the job letter you included in your original application.
Okay, thank you.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
You don't need to put the entire letter. Just share the duties, that's all. Without that, we can all just speculate.

apat311

Dec 16, 2022
I have a LMIA exempt closed work permit with the same employer that sponsored me to Canada. It was an intra-company transfer and this was the NOC Code they used when I moved here. The reference letter is an extension of the job offer letter I have provided and my job title/role has not changed since I joined in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a LMIA exempt closed work permit with the same employer that sponsored me to Canada. It was an intra-company transfer and this was the NOC Code they used when I moved here. The reference letter is an extension of the job offer letter I have provided and my job title/role has not changed since I joined in Canada.
So you provided an new job offer stating that your will be employed one year after you get PR? If not, you needed a new job offer.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Your statements are sort of confusing. Questions to you-
1. Did you claim 50 points for job offer (called arranged employment)?
2. What letter did you submit to support your CEC experience? Did the letter include your roles/duties aligning to NOC2171?
What do you mean when you say 'The reference letter is an extension of the job offer letter I have provided'?

apat311

Dec 16, 2022
Your statements are sort of confusing. Questions to you-
1. Did you claim 50 points for job offer (called arranged employment)?
2. What letter did you submit to support your CEC experience? Did the letter include your roles/duties aligning to NOC2171?
What do you mean when you say 'The reference letter is an extension of the job offer letter I have provided'?
1 - I did claim the points
2 - I sent 2 separate letters regarding my current job. One that was the job offer whic allowed me to come to Canada, and then the letter that talks about the work performed as per the NOC.
3 - My other co-workers have used the same template for the job reference letter with same job title and NoC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1 - I did claim the points
2 - I sent 2 separate letters regarding my current job. One that was the job offer whic allowed me to come to Canada, and then the letter that talks about the work performed as per the NOC.
3 - My other co-workers have used the same template for the job reference letter with same job title and NoC.
You were rightly refused. You had to provide a new job offer with guaranteed employment one year past PR. You can’t use the same job offer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

quarantine2020

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
You were rightly refused. You had to provide a new job offer with guaranteed employment one year past PR. You can’t use the same job offer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
If OP has been in Canada and worked at that job in Canada for 1 year, he/she can claim the 50 points (CEC) without the employer guaranteeing employment for another year. The guarantee clause is only required for NEW job offer.

How long have you been in Canada, OP?

apat311

Dec 16, 2022

I understand this issue but then my CRS drops to 521.
If OP has been in Canada and worked at that job in Canada for 1 year, he/she can claim the 50 points (CEC) without the employer guaranteeing employment for another year. The guarantee clause is only required for NEW job offer.

How long have you been in Canada, OP?
I have been here since April 02, 2021. My ITA was July 06, 2022.