+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cec application - please help

pratikpatel2710

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi seniors

i have applied for CEC in june 2014. i want to discuss my case with you guys and hope anyone can help me with my case. so i graduated on april 26, 2013 and my graduation certificate has that date on it. i started working as fulltime employee on may 6,2013 but i was still on my off campus work permit. i applied for my PGWP in june and got it on june 25/2013. i took unpaid holidays for 14 days in feb 2014. so i applied for CEC on june 26/2014 thinking that they dont count off campus workpermit experience but i did not realise about my holidays.

so i have following concerns:

1) i am still working with same employer and same position. is there anything i can do now to update my experience?. i know i cant do anything untill i get AOR but what would be my best step if i get AOR?
2) what are the consequences if they dont qualify my experience. do they return my application or they process for wtever time and reject it?

really appreciate you help. please help me out.

thank you

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
pratikpatel2710 said:
hi seniors

i have applied for CEC in june 2014. i want to discuss my case with you guys and hope anyone can help me with my case. so i graduated on april 26, 2013 and my graduation certificate has that date on it. i started working as fulltime employee on may 6,2013 but i was still on my off campus work permit. i applied for my PGWP in june and got it on june 25/2013. i took unpaid holidays for 14 days in feb 2014. so i applied for CEC on june 26/2014 thinking that they dont count off campus workpermit experience but i did not realise about my holidays.

1) i am still working with same employer and same position. is there anything i can do now to update my experience?. i know i cant do anything untill i get AOR but what would be my best step if i get AOR?
2) what are the consequences if they dont qualify my experience. do they return my application or they process for wtever time and reject it?

thank you
1) They count your experience only as on the date of your application and there is nothing you could do now.

2) I do not think actual work experience is evaluated at the time of issuing AOR. It is evaluated while your application is assessed for eligibility.

I am not sure how, but I heard there is a way to cancel an application that is already submitted(but before the processing starts) .What it means is you will get the refund and your application will not be processed any more.(not sure if this true, I just heard it from friends.). But if this is true, then you may look at the option of resubmitting your application with the new experience letters & parallelly work on cancelling the current one.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
pratikpatel2710 said:
hi seniors

thank you
^ The above post is absolutely correct.

In addition to his/her post, you can request a withdrawal before you get your AOR : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=613&t=4

You will have to call CIC and ask them for the process. From other threads, they will ask you to email the case intake office and ask them. If you received your AOR, then follow instructions from Toby's post: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=613&t=4. In this case you won't get your refund back.

AdorableJat

Star Member
May 28, 2012
hi pratik.,.

i am in the same boat as you are.,

i worked 2 months on OCWP and then on PGWP. from august 1 ,2013 to august 31 this year,.,.,but i dont have any holidays,.,.

and yes i think if we take 14 days off it could effect our 1 year experience ...

but hope for best.,
best of luck

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
crama123 said:
2) I do not think actual work experience is evaluated at the time of issuing AOR. It is evaluated while your application is assessed for eligibility.
A basic check of work experience is indeed done at CIO - see OB554 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob554.asp).

"In order to be placed into processing, the applicant must have claimed at least 12 months of work experience in one or more eligible NOC Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B occupations. In assessing the applicant’s claimed work experience, the CIO will review the information provided by the applicant in the Schedule 8: Economic Classes – Canadian Experience Class form submitted with their application. The conformity of the work experience claimed by the applicant to the corresponding NOC description will not be assessed by the CIO. This assessment will be made by an officer once the application has been placed into processing.

Only CEC applications received by the CIO on or after November 9, 2013, that include original, valid test results from a language testing organization designated pursuant to R74(3) demonstrating that the applicant meets the language threshold set by the Minister for each language skill area (reading, writing, listening and speaking), that do not exceed the caps set out above and are not claiming work experience only in one or more of the six ineligible occupations listed above in support of their application, shall be placed into processing."

So basically, before issuing an AOR, they check that you have at least claimed 12 months qualifying work experience.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
^ I should add that OB572 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob572.asp) is the newer version but says pretty much the same thing.

pratikpatel2710

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

thanks for your concerns guys.

"If, after considering all other skilled NOC occupations specified in the application, the officer determines that the applicant does not have the qualifying work experience, they must return to the occupation and claimed work experience about which they have concerns and that was subject to the final determination of eligibility at the CIO. In accordance with the principles of procedural fairness, the officer must afford the applicant the opportunity to respond to any concerns related to the occupation and work experience in question.

After receiving additional information, if the officer is satisfied that the applicant has qualifying work experience, they should continue to process the file as usual. If the officer is not satisfied that the applicant has the qualifying work experience, they should refuse the application"

i found this from one of the above link. does that mean i ll get chance to update my experience?..how about i submit new employment letter and pay stubs for current date. does that benefit me or escape me from withdrrawing my application?..

thank you

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
^ You can't "update" your work experience in terms of adding more. The manual OP25a says that additional information may be requested if "the officer is unable to make a decision, due to lack of information or documentation, or there are serious doubts as to the legitimacy of the documents submitted".

The OB talks about work experience being assessed in two stages:

- the first one at CIO, which checks that you claimed enough experience (the NOC codes are eligible, there is 12 months full-time or equivalent part-time experience, the language test results are good enough).
- the second one during eligibility processing, which checks that you actually performed work that matches the experience you claimed (your duties match the occupation, etc).

I think the OB is saying that the check done by CIO is repeated during eligibility processing, before they look at your duties and so on. If CIO decides that you claimed enough work experience, and issues your AOR, then the processing officer forms a different opinion 4-5 months later, it's only fair that they allow you to respond.

pratikpatel2710

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

thanks LPS for clarification.

so how about if i want to file new application. can i send new application??...

thank you

pratikpatel2710

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

so if i send new application now what happens to my existing application. i havent received AOR but what if i send new application and received AOR for old application?..can i cancel my old application because i really want to submit new application now. dont want to take risk.

thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pratikpatel2710 said:
hi

so if i send new application now what happens to my existing application. i havent received AOR but what if i send new application and received AOR for old application?..can i cancel my old application because i really want to submit new application now. dont want to take risk.

thank you
You can't have 2 applications pending at the same time in the same category.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
pratikpatel2710 said:
hi

thank you
As PMM suggested above, you will need to withdraw your first application. Check my post above for instructions.

pratikpatel2710

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

i sent my application to Sydney,Nova Scotia. whom should i contact sydney or ottawa?