+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application Filed - Pregnancy During the Process

DK123

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Hi Seniors,

I mailed my application this month,,

Hopefully, if everything goes well, I will get the AOR within a couple of months.
My Questions -

1. After receiving AOR, what are the chances of Rejection of the Application
2. At the time of medicals, if I am pregnant, would that be an issue or delay our file?

Thanks

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
1) you can still be rejected any time. AOr only confirms all the boxes are ticked/filled in

2) you should read the CIC pages about this as it's your choice if you want to go ahead with the x-rays or wait until baby is born. If you don't have X-rays then you have to wait, obviously adding delays to your file-/ they won't grant PR witht the X-rays

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
DK123 said:
Hi Seniors,

Hopefully, if everything goes well, I will get the AOR within a couple of months.
My Questions -

2. At the time of medicals, if I am pregnant, would that be an issue or delay our file?

Thanks
for sure, pregnancy will delay everything as they wont agree to do the x ray. in my case, I got my medical done without an x ray. no doctor agree to send me to the x ray. I wanted to do it on my own consent and let them cover my belly with apron but all the doctors refused saying that it is not recommended during pregnancy so I don't have any choice other than to wait till I deliver and this will delay my application for 4 more months :(. so think twice b4 getting pregnant :) :) :p :p

Reactions: Nicie

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
DK123 said:
:p :p

seriously.. so much to think of! :mad:

Thank u for sharing your exp
Do u also happen to know the ans of my ques 1?
U still stand the chances of getting rejection after AOR if the VO isnt satisfied with ur documents. A lot of people get rejected after AOR on this forum so that's why it is good to be eligible b4 applying. Why do u think u might get rejected?

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
lpc19800 said:
1) you can still be rejected any time. AOr only confirms all the boxes are ticked/filled in

2) you should read the CIC pages about this as it's your choice if you want to go ahead with the x-rays or wait until baby is born. If you don't have X-rays then you have to wait, obviously adding delays to your file-/ they won't grant PR witht the X-rays
where in cic page did they mention the option about x rAY DURING PREGNANCY?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp

I read about it in the practitioner's handbook - my boyfriend (Ca citizen) want to try for a baby but decided to wait until I had my Medicals done - hope This helps!

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
lpc19800 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp

I read about it in the practitioner's handbook - my boyfriend (Ca citizen) want to try for a baby but decided to wait until I had my Medicals done - hope This helps!
By the way, the paragraph is at the end:::

A woman of reproductive age should be asked the date of her last menstrual period to assess whether or not she is pregnant. Should the possibility of pregnancy exist, and after appropriate counselling, the applicant should determine whether she wishes to undergo chest x-ray examination or to defer it. The decision is totally the applicant’s and no recommendation should be made by the DMP.

If the applicant declines to undergo a chest x-ray on account of the pregnancy, then a chest x-ray should be obtained and submitted after delivery, even though this will delay the IMA process. If the applicant elects to undergo an x-ray examination, abdominal shielding must be used.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
lpc19800 said:
By the way, the paragraph is at the end:::

A woman of reproductive age should be asked the date of her last menstrual period to assess whether or not she is pregnant. Should the possibility of pregnancy exist, and after appropriate counselling, the applicant should determine whether she wishes to undergo chest x-ray examination or to defer it. The decision is totally the applicant's and no recommendation should be made by the DMP.

If the applicant declines to undergo a chest x-ray on account of the pregnancy, then a chest x-ray should be obtained and submitted after delivery, even though this will delay the IMA process. If the applicant elects to undergo an x-ray examination, abdominal shielding must be used.
Thanks for the information, I am looking into it. if there is option, I don't see the reason why doctors refused to conduct the x ray for me. i am now 14 weeks and in my 2nd trimester. I am still willing to do it b4 delivery if I get a choice :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ujbaby said:
Thanks for the information, I am looking into it. if there is option, I don't see the reason why doctors refused to conduct the x ray for me. i am now 14 weeks and in my 2nd trimester. I am still willing to do it b4 delivery if I get a choice :(
They are refusing because the vast majority of doctors agree that x-rays can harm your unborn child - and from an ethics perspecitve, they do not want to be responsible for harming your unborn child.

I agree this is a personal choice. But I would encourage you to think about this decision carefully. Is it really worth is to have the x-ray now just so that you can get PR a few months faster - even though this could cause damage to your child?

If you want to go ahead with the x-ray, you will have to find a doctor who is willing to go through with the x-ray.

Arhaan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DK123 said:
Hi Seniors,

My Questions -

Thanks
Hey Me and my wife applied last June and got to know that she was pregnant in July...when she was asked to do her MR we were concerned too...The DMP informed us that it is totally up-to my wife whether she wanted to do the X-Ray or not as they will neither recommend or refuse to do it...Here I would like to mention that my wife was under observation by a Gynecologist from Apollo Hospital which is the largest and renowned chain hospital in Asia..Her Dr. advised her that she can go for the X-Ray if the Apron ( which comes with the X-Ray machine specially made for patient to cover body parts which need not to be exposed to the ray of the machine).. keeping that advised in mind we discussed the issue with the DMP and she also mentioned the same process...She also mentioned that it is a common practice which is known and approved by the Immigration medical department with the consent of the applicant and that's why they do it...We called local Canadian Embassy and they have informed us that they are well aware of the quality and service provided by my DMP and are satisfied with the DMP hence provided licence...well we went and did the X-Ray in last December and my baby was born in February...he is doing great so far and his doctor is very satisfied with his growth...Also we have received our passport a few week ago with visa and planning to land soon...

Hey please do not think that I am telling you go for it....just thought of sharing my experience...now you have to decide what you think is wise for you...Good Luck

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Arhaan said:
Hey Me and my wife applied last June and got to know that she was pregnant in July...when she was asked to do her MR we were concerned too...The DMP informed us that it is totally up-to my wife whether she wanted to do the X-Ray or not as they will neither recommend or refuse to do it...Here I would like to mention that my wife was under observation by a Gynecologist from Apollo Hospital which is the largest and renowned chain hospital in Asia..Her Dr. advised her that she can go for the X-Ray if the Apron ( which comes with the X-Ray machine specially made for patient to cover body parts which need not to be exposed to the ray of the machine).. keeping that advised in mind we discussed the issue with the DMP and she also mentioned the same process...She also mentioned that it is a common practice which is known and approved by the Immigration medical department with the consent of the applicant and that's why they do it...We called local Canadian Embassy and they have informed us that they are well aware of the quality and service provided by my DMP and are satisfied with the DMP hence provided licence...well we went and did the X-Ray in last December and my baby was born in February...he is doing great so far and his doctor is very satisfied with his growth...Also we have received our passport a few week ago with visa and planning to land soon...

Hey please do not think that I am telling you go for it....just thought of sharing my experience...now you have to decide what you think is wise for you...Good Luck
how many weeks along was she when she did the x ray??

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
scylla said:
They are refusing because the vast majority of doctors agree that x-rays can harm your unborn child - and from an ethics perspecitve, they do not want to be responsible for harming your unborn child.

I agree this is a personal choice. But I would encourage you to think about this decision carefully. Is it really worth is to have the x-ray now just so that you can get PR a few months faster - even though this could cause damage to your child?

If you want to go ahead with the x-ray, you will have to find a doctor who is willing to go through with the x-ray.
Thanks Scylla, I am still desperate to do it with a lead apron because I cant wait till February after delivery and then it will take me up till march or April 2014 to get pr . The reason why I cant wait is because I will have to go thru the process of renewing my work permit again. do u know any Dr. to recommend? I am now in my 2nd trimester. pls respond

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
ujbaby said:
Thanks Scylla, I am still desperate to do it with a lead apron because I cant wait till February after delivery and then it will take me up till march or April 2014 to get pr . The reason why I cant wait is because I will have to go thru the process of renewing my work permit again. do u know any Dr. to recommend? I am now in my 2nd trimester. pls respond
Have you considered the open bridging work permit?

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
lpc19800 said:
Have you considered the open bridging work permit?
that's the work permit that I am using right now

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Congrats ujbaby on your little bundle of joy. ;)

ujbaby said:
for sure, pregnancy will delay everything as they wont agree to do the x ray. in my case, I got my medical done without an x ray. no doctor agree to send me to the x ray. I wanted to do it on my own consent and let them cover my belly with apron but all the doctors refused saying that it is not recommended during pregnancy so I don't have any choice other than to wait till I deliver and this will delay my application for 4 more months :(. so think twice b4 getting pregnant :) :) :p :p