+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Waiting for CEC Draw & Work Permit expiring in 3 months

Mayu11

Jan 22, 2022
Category........
CEC
Hello All,

Anyone waiting for CEC draw to happen eagerly, but found out CEC draw is not gonna happen until end of this year (2022). My Work Permit expiring in 3 months.
My Express Entry score is 496. What can be done here?

I heard PNP nomination can help but which one or how quickly can I get PNP nomination?

Reactions: radhika98

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hello All,

Anyone waiting for CEC draw to happen eagerly, but found out CEC draw is not gonna happen until end of this year (2022). My Work Permit expiring in 3 months.

I heard PNP nomination can help but which one or how quickly can I get PNP nomination?
Try PNP. CEC dead bruh.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
You don't give enough information here for anyone to properly help you.

Is your work permit open or closed?

If Closed, then reach out to your employer and explain the situation, and see if they would be willing to renew it. This may require them to get a new LMIA prior to the application.

If Open, then just apply for an extension of your current status.

If you want to go the PNP route, use Google for starters.

EricNguyen1992

Nov 13, 2018

If Closed, then reach out to your employer and explain the situation, and see if they would be willing to renew it. This may require them to get a new LMIA prior to the application.

Can the pgwp be extended? My brother is in the same situation, his pgwp will expire in May this year

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hello All,

Hi, I am also waiting for CEC draw and doing the same research as you, however my work permit does not expire anytime soon. Good luck! Please keep everyone posted.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello All,

Someone in your situation should really be looking at PNP

Reactions: Mayu11 and dankboi

Mayu11

Jan 22, 2022
Category........
CEC
Try PNP. CEC dead bruh.

I have a OPEN PGWP expiring on May 2022.

Thanks for sharing the link in regards to extending the Work Permit. I will check the link.
But quick question is it possible to apply for Open-Work Permit Extension without a PR invitation?

Last edited:

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
No, a PGWP is a one-time permit and not extendable, you'd have to look at other options (like an LMIA from your employer, as one example, like another commenter mentioned.) But also check the policy in place currently regarding PGWPs due to covid.

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
Hello All,

I'm in a similar situation. Have a little more time left on my PGWP, but not much, and given how slow these processes can be, I'm worried.

CEC seemed like a surefire way to get in especially if you have a pretty high CRS score, but.... If they don't draw at all, that's no good. At all.

As for PNP nominations, it depends, since each province has its own programs and they differ in eligibility criteria and processing speed. I'd recommend looking at PNP programs in different provinces (I've started doing that as well, seeing the lack of CEC draws) and seeing if you may be eligible.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
This policy is expired now but I heard IRCC is still giving out WP's to people who applied on this.
I have not heard anything about that. You should call IRCC to check. If the policy is expired, then it is expired. You may have to revert to being a visitor for the time being.