+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Sep 2020 **Join Here**

Anu08

Jul 7, 2021
IRCC doesn't update the application status in their portal promptly. You can trust the update from IRCC agents on phone. They have latest info on the application.

Most of us here had the same initial status even after receiving COPR. Mine changed finally after the PR card was issued. Good luck to you.
Thank you very much for the reply.

Reactions: Canada_mp

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Got the PR card on July 5, 2021.
PR card application got approved on IRCC portal - July 1, 2021
I really appreciate all the help you guys provided over the past 8-9 months. This was a stressful process but this forum really helped.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. My best wishes to all of you.

Reactions: HD092020

Raj90Raj

Nov 20, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-09-2020
Any CEC inland candidate with AOR in Sept still waiting for security to start or am I the only one left? As per IRCC website, they are processing applications received in 1st week of Sept now but is it really trustworthy? I am loosing hope day by day
Same for me. I may have lost all hopes. I saw people with February AOR awaiting security to start.

Reactions: Vlcbs

CanadaDesi_2021

Jun 9, 2021
Same for me. I may have lost all hopes. I saw people with February AOR awaiting security to start.
Feb 2020 applicants are still waiting for a decision whereas many Feb 2021 applicants already received their COPR. There is no pattern, no timeline for those who are still kept hanging....Frustrating!!

Reactions: Vlcbs

Csanchez

May 6, 2020
@legalfalcon - I'm on a closed work permit and it's going to expire in Nov 2021 [I don't have VISA on passport, TRV is in progress right now].
I will be eligible to apply for BOWP in Aug. As far as I know, with BOWP we can continue the work while we wait for the results of the PR application.

1) Can I travel out of Canada and re-enter Canada with BOWP ?

if yes for question 1.

2) will it have any impact on my PR ?
3) will it impact my work status ?
4) could you please let me know if I miss any complications here ?

Note: My PR is completed in the backend but it's on HOLD, as my dependents are in India. IRCC is not giving COPR because of current travel restrictions.
[AOR : Sept 14th 2020]
From what I know yes you can travel in a BOPW, but it is not recommended to travel much or for a long period of time as you want to prove you want to stay in Canada. The one thing I was never told is that if you want to travel to a country you submitted a background check you have to be careful as the background check/police certiifcate might get canceled and you will be asked to resubmit and the process will be longer. This is based on my experience.

Csanchez

May 6, 2020
You are not alone. I am also on same boat. Aor 15 September. Security not yet started and eligibility recommended pass. Inland applicant with one inland dependent .
Same here. Months with no updates. I'm on "the documents you provided are being reviewed" I know many people that applied after me that already have it. I guess it is case by case and same are more difficult than others

pm_157

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
received eCopr today! Finally the wait is over :)
thank you everyone for the support & Best luck to all!

Here is my timeline:
AOR: Sep 17, 2020
PR portal first email - 28th May
credentials email - 5th June
eCopr - 14 June
VO - OSC
Received PR Card today! :) Final update -

PR card mailed and approved on IRCC portal - 2nd July
PR portal case closed and photo & address approved - 4th July
PR card received (from Sydney) - 8th July

Hope those who are waiting will receive theirs soon! Best Luck!

sunnybee

Sep 17, 2020
Any CEC inland candidate with AOR in Sept still waiting for security to start or am I the only one left? As per IRCC website, they are processing applications received in 1st week of Sept now but is it really trustworthy? I am loosing hope day by day
Same here. AOR Sep 21st. I can see that my eligibility & criminality & security checks got finalized from MP email but still didn't hear anything from IRCC. My friend's case is even worse - she's AOR March and security check is not started yet :(

ksudhakar

Feb 18, 2021
Yes , however with the current timeline even TRV stamping is taking 5+ months so its better to have more than a year passport validity
Right now, my TRV is in progress for the work permit which is going to expire in Nov 2021.
So, considering minimum 6 months validity my TRV request might get denied. and I'm planning to apply BOWP in next month. I think it's better to cancel from my end before going to BOWP.

ksudhakar

Feb 18, 2021
@legalfalcon - Sir, I'm on Closed work permit and next month planning to apply BOWP.
PR is on HOLD in finalizing stage as dependents are in India. my family is waiting for PR to finish, they don't have any status to come here.

can I apply VISA's to my wife and daughter under family reunification to bring them to Canada ?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - Sir, I'm on Closed work permit and next month planning to apply BOWP.
PR is on HOLD in finalizing stage as dependents are in India. my family is waiting for PR to finish, they don't have any status to come here.

can I apply VISA's to my wife and daughter under family reunification to bring them to Canada ?
Absolutely. However, the exemption from travel restrictions is discretionary.