+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Sep 2020 **Join Here**

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
If anyone can help, have a question. When we call IRCC, is there a specific set of options to be chosen to reach the right kind of agent to get status info? What do we ask the agent?

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Press 3 4 1 0
Nope - Its 1 1 2 0 I think. Thats what I normally choose. It is for PR - They ask for your application number starting with what alphabet and punch in the numbers then year of bith and then they would tell you what you see in mycic after you hear to it choose option 0 at the end. Good Luck and let us know what your update is is

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Nope - Its 1 1 2 0 I think. Thats what I normally choose. It is for PR - They ask for your application number starting with what alphabet and punch in the numbers then year of bith and then they would tell you what you see in mycic after you hear to it choose option 0 at the end. Good Luck and let us know what your update is is
@madhav.malhotra3089 My sequence is slightly different for some reason. I choose 1,1,2,2, enter application number, year of birth, 1 for application status, 0 for agent
PS: I have heard one can dial 3 4 1 0 to skip and go directly to the agent connection part, but haven't tried it out

Akku123

Nov 30, 2018
@madhav.malhotra3089 My sequence is slightly different for some reason. I choose 1,1,2,2, enter application number, year of birth, 1 for application status, 0 for agent
PS: I have heard one can dial 3 4 1 0 to skip and go directly to the agent connection part, but haven't tried it out
It's same. At the end you will get Connected to Agent

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Thanks for the correction. I missed the 2.

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
When you call, what do you ask or say to the agent?

This might be an odd question but the only time I called I simply asked for a detailed update status on my file and the agent was almost angry that I called to ask for that. I see everyone here getting updates when calling them but when I did I got nothing, so I'm not sure if I said something off

My requested GCMS notes passed the 40 days mark now and I really want to know what's going on

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

This might be an odd question but the only time I called I simply asked for a detailed update status on my file and the agent was almost angry that I called to ask for that. I see everyone here getting updates when calling them but when I did I got nothing, so I'm not sure if I said something off

My requested GCMS notes passed the 40 days mark now and I really want to know what's going on
Justbe specific that you want to know your security and eligibility update and may be try to be polite and ask might help

Reactions: ntachi

__rsingh__

Dec 1, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2282, 2281
Doc's Request.
22-10-2020
AOR Received.
04-09-2020
3 4 1 0 is shortcut. I have tried many times. After 2 set of instructions when they start talking about "Press 1 for this.." right away press 3 4 1 0 and it will straight connect to agent. You don't have to wait for all the instructions or to enter profile number. You should also try this once.

Reactions: chakrat

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
until Jan, I was trying below steps and getting connected to agent BUT since Feb 01, I am at unable to connect to agent (even at 8 am, 9am, 10 am and so on) .... any particular steps to get to the agent directly ? many thanks in advance !

1. CIC Call centre : 1-888-242-2100
2. press 1
3. Status or processing times - Press 1
4. Become permanent resident - Press 2
5. Application starts with E - Press 2
6. Enter Application number followed by - #
7. Listen to the entered number and press 1 to confirm
8. Enter the year of the birth and then listen the entered number and press 1 to confirm
9. Hear the details - Don't wait just enter 1 to check status (there will be a pause)
10. Hear detailed status at the end Press 0 to speak to agent

__rsingh__

Dec 1, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2282, 2281
Doc's Request.
22-10-2020
AOR Received.
04-09-2020
until Jan, I was trying below steps and getting connected to agent BUT since Feb 01, I am at unable to connect to agent (even at 8 am, 9am, 10 am and so on) .... any particular steps to get to the agent directly ? many thanks in advance !

1. CIC Call centre : 1-888-242-2100
2. press 1
3. Status or processing times - Press 1
4. Become permanent resident - Press 2
5. Application starts with E - Press 2
6. Enter Application number followed by - #
7. Listen to the entered number and press 1 to confirm
8. Enter the year of the birth and then listen the entered number and press 1 to confirm
9. Hear the details - Don't wait just enter 1 to check status (there will be a pause)
10. Hear detailed status at the end Press 0 to speak to agent
As I said earlier, when you call IRCC there are 2 set of instructions regarding COVID processing times and Biometrics appointment cancellation. After that when system says, for application status press 1, You can press 3 4 1 0 at once and it will straight put you in queue to connect to agent. I hope I am able to make it clear. Please let me know if still have doubts.

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020

It is totally normal to get an agent who is not interested or even mad at you. The system is fucked up, IRCC can easily give detailed status update but they are not, and applicants are justifiably nervous and curious so they keep calling at this available line. Blame is on both sides.
In any case, you just have to try another day and hope a friendly agent comes online. I had to try 3 times before I got a half decent answer. And as others have mentioned, which I hope you are already doing, just be polite, keep it short by specifically asking for the stage (ex. security, eligibility) update.
There is no magic sentences you can utter to get your info, it is pure luck.

Reactions: ntachi

madhav.malhotra3089

Star Member
May 27, 2016
As I said earlier, when you call IRCC there are 2 set of instructions regarding COVID processing times and Biometrics appointment cancellation. After that when system says, for application status press 1, You can press 3 4 1 0 at once and it will straight put you in queue to connect to agent. I hope I am able to make it clear. Please let me know if still have doubts.
Thanks a bunch!