Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Completed 6 months officially. o_O

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

Reactions: shredder

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.
Welcome to the club! :)
P.S: a message about 20% is a standard one they show for all of us who have passed the 100% milestone.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

Welcome to the group. I think next month is crusial for us. If nothing happens next month I will proceed with my work permit renewal

harsh_8081

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Anyone in the group who is a CEC Inland Primary Applicant and Out-land Spouse with September AOR approved?

Today I completed 6 months and got that 20% message

Reactions: qaimali

ksudhakar

Feb 18, 2021
Hi All,
AOR : Sept 14th 2020. [CEC Category]
Present status in Canada: Closed work permit,

I mentioned that i have a valid job offer during PR submission, The part of the job offer letter provided by the employer says as follows

"This letter is to confirm that an offer of continuous, full-time employment has been extended to [My Name] for a duration of at least one year after the date on which his permanent resident visa is issued, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in [My Name] employment contract"

As we all know valid job offer will get additional points in CRS score. I'm in some situations now, In case if i move to India with same company [location change].

will it impact my PR ?
will they re calculate score?
will they proceed with location change ?

If anyone have idea on this situation please reply here.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Hi All,

I mentioned that i have a valid job offer during PR submission, The part of the job offer letter provided by the employer says as follows

"This letter is to confirm that and offer of continuous, full-time employment has been extended to [My Name] for a duration of at least one year after the date on which his permanent resident visa is issued, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in [My Name] employment contract"

As we all know valid job offer will get additional points in CRS score. I'm in some situations now, In case if i move to India with same company [location change].

will it impact my PR ?

Thanks.
What is your Eligibility status now? My case is also similar to you and my Eligibility is Recommended pass and from here I dont think they will ask much docs until unless they want fresh offer letter by final officer. But I am thinking I am safe atleast after Recommended Pass, so please check your Eligibility status and take decision on this. Location change will be definitely an issue as per my opinion.You will loose 50 points.

levisalarcon

Sep 24, 2019
Hi All,

"This letter is to confirm that and offer of continuous, full-time employment has been extended to [My Name] for a duration of at least one year after the date on which his permanent resident visa is issued, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in [My Name] employment contract"

will it impact my PR ?

Thanks.
I'm not an expert and this is just my educated guess... I understand that what gives you the points is having a valid offer from a Canadian company. It doesn't necessarily mean that you need to be working for them already, for CEC, what matters is that you have at least 12 months of experience in Canada within the last 3 years. That being said, I think there are some things to consider. Obviously, the main question here is: is that job offer still valid? to answer that you may want to consider things like: Will you be working from India remotely? meaning that you'll still be working for the same company, only that you'll be performing your duties from a different place? or are you being transferred and you'll be working for say an established branch of the company in India? (this may lead the officers to think that they have relocated you and the job offer is no longer valid).

Long story short, I think that if your job offer is still valid you have nothing to worry about, you'd be just relocating but that doesn't affect your profile at all.

vg2013

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I had a question (different people have provided varying perspectives about it though). I am on Closed WP but got BOWP approved last month. I have claimed 50 points for the "valid job offer condition".

Am I allowed to switch jobs (on back the BOWP) - I am on NOC 2174 with AOR as Sep 21 ? Or do I need to wait for Copr?

Some folks are claiming that is OK and we just need to inform IRCC while others say I would lose 50 points (including the consultant thru whom I have applied) which will invalidate my PR application.

Thanks...

levisalarcon

Sep 24, 2019
What is your Eligibility status now? My case is also similar to you and my Eligibility is Recommended pass and from here I dont think they will ask much docs until unless they want fresh offer letter by final officer. But I am thinking I am safe atleast after Recommended Pass, so please check your Eligibility status and take decision on this. Location change will be definitely an issue as per my opinion.You will loose 50 points.
Why would he lose 50 points? Could you ellaborate? I'd really like to know why :)

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Why would he lose 50 points? Could you ellaborate? I'd really like to know why :)
Hey, Did you claimed 50 points? If Yes, then you need to work for same Employer until at least you get PR. If not, you wont loose 50 points. Changing work location and informing IRCC will be not a safe step.

Working remote wont be a problem but transfer to India branch is the main problem where 50 points will be reduced if claimed.

levisalarcon

Sep 24, 2019
Hey, Did you claimed 50 points? If Yes, then you need to work for same Employer until at least you get PR. If not, you wont loose 50 points. Changing work location and informing IRCC will be not a safe step.

Working remote wont be a problem but transfer to India branch is the main problem where 50 points will be reduced if claimed.
Take a look at your Express Entry invitation letter. They give you 50 points for "Arranged Employment". To me that means a valid job offer, that you can start as soon as conditions are met, not that you have to be currently working in Canada. And of course you can have valid job offers being outside Canada. That is how a lot of Express Entry applicants do it.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Take a look at your Express Entry invitation letter. They give you 50 points for "Arranged Employment". To me that means a valid job offer, that you can start as soon as conditions are met, not that you have to be currently working in Canada. And of course you can have valid job offers being outside Canada. That is how a lot of Express Entry applicants do it.
Hey, For closed work permit if you need to claim 50 points you need work in Canada for atleast one year for same Employer and you offer letter also should be valid for one year and location also matters because they will check Employer name and address in work permit :) . Its LMIA exempt and rules are different. I am aware of all rules and off-course I claimed points and near to PR. So no need to check my doc again :)

levisalarcon

Sep 24, 2019
Hey, For closed work permit if you need to claim 50 points you need work in Canada for atleast one year for same Employer and you offer letter also should be valid for one year and location also matters because they will check Employer name and address in work permit :) . Its LMIA exempt and rules are different. I am aware of all rules and off-course I claimed points and near to PR. So no need to check my doc again :)
I think you're confused my friend. The type of work permit does not affect your profile at all. I think what you're trying to say is that if he hasn't complete his 12 months of Canadian experience and he moves out he'll lose those points. That is correct, but you're working under the assumption that he still doesn't have his 12 months. If he does have them, changing his location won't affect his process, as long as the job offer is still valid. Cheers!

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
I think you're confused my friend. The type of work permit does not affect your profile at all. I think what you're trying to say is that if he hasn't complete his 12 months of Canadian experience and he moves out he'll lose those points. That is correct, but you're working under the assumption that he still doesn't have his 12 months. If he does have them, changing his location won't affect his process, as long as the job offer is still valid. Cheers!
All the best. Have a great weekend.