+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - Nov 2020 *JOIN HERE *

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
i think it all depends. if its FSW then its just sad, those are not getting looked into at all. For CEC its a bit different. for the 2021 draws with very low crs cut offs, those are very easy to check tbh. all they need is one year work exp in canada (which is usually easy to verify from a legit company and job duties match the noc code), and it doesnt matter if education or anything else cant be verified as even if you take everyhting away, theyd be above the crs cut-off, making them very easy to approve as long as there is no criminal inadmissibility/health (which again, is rare). So with those being so easy to verify, it makes sense to approve quickly, this then makes the overall average processing time look very nice once year end reports come out (and average out some CEC taking 2-3months while others taking the full 6-8months).
I am talking about CEC candidates not FSW.
And one of my friends and his wife got the COPR in June 2021, but their ITA & AOR are from Jan 2021, they applied when the cut off mark is 453 or something (can’t remember exactly).

Anyway they had to submit docs to prove their previous work experience (back home), how I know this because they contacted me to get more information about CEC documents requirements.

mine it is almost 8 months now and if you check the August 2021 AOR thread, there are inland CEC applicants (single) almost close to 11 months now :(

Reactions: amairena95

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
I am talking about CEC candidates not FSW.
And one of my friends and his wife got the COPR in June 2021, but their ITA & AOR are from Jan 2021, they applied when the cut off mark is 453 or something (can’t remember exactly).

Anyway they had to submit docs to prove their previous work experience (back home), how I know this because they contacted me to get more information about CEC documents requirements.

mine it is almost 8 months now and if you check the August 2021 AOR thread, there are inland CEC applicants (single) almost close to 11 months now :(
Oh no so sorry to hear that! Have you order gcms notes yet to see exactly whats going on? Maybe theres a review required in eligibility or criminality and they have just forgotten to ask any additional documents. The call centre agent at best will tell you if something has started processing or if it has passed, but wont give you any insights into whether theres a review required somewhere.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Oh no so sorry to hear that! Have you order gcms notes yet to see exactly whats going on? Maybe theres a review required in eligibility or criminality and they have just forgotten to ask any additional documents. The call centre agent at best will tell you if something has started processing or if it has passed, but wont give you any insights into whether theres a review required somewhere.
I contacted the IRCC few times, even last week too, but they saying same thing again and again, which is what indicating in my EE profile. So I am fed up of contacting them anymore.

And no I didn’t order GCMS notes because I heard it will take minimum 1 month to come these days.

Just wanna know whether my application is accepted or not, if yes I am happy, else I can consider other options.

But in order to decide, IRCC isn’t responding at all.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
I contacted the IRCC few times, even last week too, but they saying same thing again and again, which is what indicating in my EE profile. So I am fed up of contacting them anymore.

And no I didn’t order GCMS notes because I heard it will take minimum 1 month to come these days.

Just wanna know whether my application is accepted or not, if yes I am happy, else I can consider other options.

But in order to decide, IRCC isn’t responding at all.
Do you actually talk to an operator? The automated msg will just repeat the same stuff in your profile. Try asking directly, 'whats the status of my eligibility and my background checks'.
Yea gcms takes one month, but it's the only way to know for sure. Heck you might even be approved while you wait for them but it will be worth it to know whats really going on.
If you come to realize that you atleast passed eligibility, rest assured, youre probably ok and its just a matter of time!

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Do you actually talk to an operator? The automated msg will just repeat the same stuff in your profile. Try asking directly, 'whats the status of my eligibility and my background checks'.
Yea gcms takes one month, but it's the only way to know for sure. Heck you might even be approved while you wait for them but it will be worth it to know whats really going on.
If you come to realize that you atleast passed eligibility, rest assured, youre probably ok and its just a matter of time!
Yes, I talked to a human not VOIP.
And yes I asked above mentioned questions specifically but they said the same what is showing in my EE profile.

Frustrating…

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Yes, I talked to a human not VOIP.
And yes I asked above mentioned questions specifically but they said the same what is showing in my EE profile.

Frustrating…
Thats frustrating i understand. Youve been unlucky with the ppl that pick up your call, ive had some of those. Eventually i got to one that told me the exact status (eligibility and all pass) just pending criminality (after i submitted their rcmp request).
So thats how i know its just a matter of time, maybe youre in a similar boat!

gouravchoubey

Jun 13, 2019
Thats frustrating i understand. Youve been unlucky with the ppl that pick up your call, ive had some of those. Eventually i got to one that told me the exact status (eligibility and all pass) just pending criminality (after i submitted their rcmp request).
So thats how i know its just a matter of time, maybe youre in a similar boat!
Same is my story.

AOR : 9 Nov 2020 and till now only Medical Exam clearnce update.
Called Aagents and they play same record that eligiblity review is in process and we are processing your aplication
I am surprised and shocked to know event after 8 months they are reviewing the eligiblity...what the hack.What are they doing form past 8 months.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Same is my story.

AOR : 9 Nov 2020 and till now only Medical Exam clearnce update.
Called Aagents and they play same record that eligiblity review is in process and we are processing your aplication
I am surprised and shocked to know event after 8 months they are reviewing the eligiblity...what the hack.What are they doing form past 8 months.
Just saw from your comment history that you just got your pr portal email. Congrats!!!

Reactions: Meka290

gouravchoubey

Jun 13, 2019
Just saw from your comment history that you just got your pr portal email. Congrats!!!
Thanks ..I got biometric call letter on 24 and provided biometrics ysterday .Today I received PR prtal first email.

Could you please advise on what should be entered in Original entry date:?

Name:
UCI:
Email (as set out in this message):
Original entry date:
Date of last time entered Canada:
Location(Port of Entry):

I visited canada first time in 2012 on business visa(2 months only) .After which my passport got renewed in 2016.After which I am in Canda on WP since 2018.So Original entry date should be 2012 or 2018 ?

Reactions: huxing0522

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks ..I got biometric call letter on 24 and provided biometrics ysterday .Today I received PR prtal first email.

Could you please advise on what should be entered in Original entry date:?

Name:
UCI:
Email (as set out in this message):
Original entry date:
Date of last time entered Canada:
Location(Port of Entry):

I visited canada first time in 2012 on business visa(2 months only) .After which my passport got renewed in 2016.After which I am in Canda on WP since 2018.So Original entry date should be 2012 or 2018 ?
In your case i actually dont know. I dont think there would be much issues if you put the 2018 as thats the one for your work permit and will count as half days for your future citizenship app.

Meka290

Star Member
May 12, 2021
Ya that pretty much means youre approved! It's the new process for virtual landing, getting copr and pr cards. Keep us updated on your timeline from first email to copr!
I replied already waiting for the 2nd email.Can you reply the email twice?How long do you think it might take to get the copr?

Meka290

Star Member
May 12, 2021
I replied already waiting for the 2nd email.Can you reply the email twice?How long do you think it might take to get the copr?
Pls is there anything wrong if i reply the first email twice? I did not copy ,I just answer the questions as in
Name:
Uci:
Email:
Original date of entry:
Last time entered canada:
Location of entry: