+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - Nov 2020 *JOIN HERE *

GCoak

Nov 12, 2020
I think they are getting through them faster now

I got my eCoPR last night at 9pm Saturday.

AOR - Nov 20th
Bio passed Dec 31
Background, Eligibility and lastly security passed June 7th.
Got the Portal email June 16th.
Got the login June 18th
And eCoPR the 19th.

I think my office is Ottawa. CEC, inland and no dependents.

I was surprised the finalization part happened so quickly. Now it's just waiting for the card in the mail!

Reactions: stefi2020

Nixx

Jun 8, 2021
Here’s my timeline (eCOPR received)

VO: Vancouver
AOR: November 12, 2020
CEC inland, single applicant
GC key portal: Still shows submitted (only thing passed is medical here, no other updates there)

Called Agents, May 15th and she said everything was passed and to wait for an email or call.

VO: VLU, OSC
1st Email: May 28th
2nd Email: June 7th
3rd Email (eCoPR): June 20th (Received the "Congratulations" email at 10:20 AM today)

The photo and address are still in review.
GC key portal: Still shows submitted (no update there)

It’s coming everyone! You are almost at the finish line!

Reactions: huxing0522

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....
23-03-2021
LANDED..........
16-08-2021
Here’s my timeline (eCOPR received)

VO: Vancouver
AOR: November 12, 2020
CEC inland, single applicant
GC key portal: Still shows submitted (only thing passed is medical here, no other updates there)

Called Agents, May 15th and she said everything was passed and to wait for an email or call.

VO: VLU, OSC
1st Email: May 28th
2nd Email: June 7th
3rd Email (eCoPR): June 20th (Received the "Congratulations" email at 10:20 AM today)

The photo and address are still in review.
GC key portal: Still shows submitted (no update there)

It’s coming everyone! You are almost at the finish line!
Congrats!
Hi, when you called IRCC on May 15th, did your case still in VO Vancouver or transfer to another VO?

gouravchoubey

Jun 13, 2019
Hi Guys,
My AOR is 9 Nov 2020 but only update I have received is for Medical Exam clearnace on 16 Dec 2020 until now.After this there is no further update.I have applied with my dependents in der CEC class .

They haven't asked for Biometric yet .8 months have passed without update.When I call IRCC CSREP says it is inprocess but don't get specific update or where it is stuck from past 7 months.

Are there cases where Biometric can be skipped?

Anyone in this situation?

Last edited:

Nixx

Jun 8, 2021
Congrats!
Hi, when you called IRCC on May 15th, did your case still in VO Vancouver or transfer to another VO?
Thank you! I’m not sure, I didn’t ask. But if she was saying to check my email or listen out for a call chances were that it was sent to VLU,OSC which I believe is Ottawa

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
For me everything was PASSED on June 9th, any idea why a decision has not been made? While many are getting COPR within two months only this year. Any idea why the delay. Its been plus 7 months.

gouravchoubey

Jun 13, 2019
For me everything was PASSED on June 9th, any idea why a decision has not been made? While many are getting COPR within two months only this year. Any idea why the delay. Its been plus 7 months.
How did you got update on your latest status? was status updated on GCKey account?

Reactions: Jheez

faisalwisal

Dec 2, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
COPR TIME

CEC Inland

Timeline:

AOR: November 23, 2020

Medicals passed: January 5, 2021

Biometrics: N/A

Background Check: April 7, 2021

Eligibility passed: June 21, 2021

Client portal email confirmation: June 14, 2021

Credentials received: June 16, 2021

ECopr received Monday June 21, 2021

NOC : 0711
Best Wishes for everyone waiting & Thank you for the support!

gouravchoubey

Jun 13, 2019
By calling IRCC. Nothing seems to get updated on the portal real time
Thanks @Jheez , When we call IRCC the VOIP says Agent knows same information what is there in online GCKey account.But seems this doens't holds true.Agents have different view of our account info.Also, connecting with Agent is also a Luck.I am trying from past three days at different times of the day but not able to connect.VOIP play same record to connect later due to high call volumes.

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
Thanks @Jheez , When we call IRCC the VOIP says Agent knows same information what is there in online GCKey account.But seems this doens't holds true.Agents have different view of our account info.Also, connecting with Agent is also a Luck.I am trying from past three days at different times of the day but not able to connect.VOIP play same record to connect later due to high call volumes.
Try a couple of minutes before 8am EST and get to the option where it says your waiting time is xx minutes then it will give the option of call back facility just opt for that. This is only if you are calling from within Canada. I have always got a call back in 30 minutes or so. Sometimes you need to try 2-3 times before you get to the 'call back' stage. The agents have the latest update and calling every 15 -20 days is fine.

surti0006

Mar 28, 2021
Hi All,

CEC AOR Nov 2020
how much time it will take to pass security and criminality?
Is my eligibility passed? @legalfalcon

Below is the web from reply from IRCC. I want to understand what this means.

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on November 17, 2020.

· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

o You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All,

CEC AOR Nov 2020
how much time it will take to pass security and criminality?
Is my eligibility passed? @legalfalcon

Below is the web from reply from IRCC. I want to understand what this means.

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on November 17, 2020.

· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

o You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

Criminality is based on two factors, PCC and biometrics. The PCC are evaluated early on, along with R10, where as the biometrics take time as they have to be processed by RCMP and then a report is sent to IRCC. Even if the criminality is pending other stages continue to be processed.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Security only starts after the eligibility is conclusively passed and takes an average of 110 days. See https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Seems like 2021 applications are processing quicker than 2020.

I saw there are threads opened here for last year June, July, Aug, etc too, sad to say that there are thousands of applicants have exceeded the 6 months processing period but no response yet from IRCC.

I wonder how 2021 applicants getting their COPR this soon, it is so unfair.

Anyway, I saw in Aug 2020 AOR thread, they are trying to aware the media regarding this delay, so there might be a news published regarding this matter in the future, most probably on Toronto Sun.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Seems like 2021 applications are processing quicker than 2020.

I saw there are threads opened here for last year June, July, Aug, etc too, sad to say that there are thousands of applicants have exceeded the 6 months processing period but no response yet from IRCC.

I wonder how 2021 applicants getting their COPR this soon, it is so unfair.

Anyway, I saw in Aug 2020 AOR thread, they are trying to aware the media regarding this delay, so there might be a news published regarding this matter in the future, most probably on Toronto Sun.
i think it all depends. if its FSW then its just sad, those are not getting looked into at all. For CEC its a bit different. for the 2021 draws with very low crs cut offs, those are very easy to check tbh. all they need is one year work exp in canada (which is usually easy to verify from a legit company and job duties match the noc code), and it doesnt matter if education or anything else cant be verified as even if you take everyhting away, theyd be above the crs cut-off, making them very easy to approve as long as there is no criminal inadmissibility/health (which again, is rare). So with those being so easy to verify, it makes sense to approve quickly, this then makes the overall average processing time look very nice once year end reports come out (and average out some CEC taking 2-3months while others taking the full 6-8months).